PDA

View Full Version : Home cures for Tennis Elbow

Rabb
11-10-11, 08:44 PM
Any medics on here?
I have an attack of Tennis Elbow.
I have tried the following to fix it over the last month.
(Yes, I am a typical male - I don't go to the doctors unless I'm in a real bad way)

1. Cold gel
2. Ralgex
3. Diclofenac gel
4. Ibruprofen gel
5. Tiger balm

I don't want a steroid injection (which is what I know I will get if I go to the docs)

RedSoul
11-10-11, 08:58 PM
I had two steroid injections in two weeks and neither worked....ended up going to physio for ultrasound treatment which worked.
When at work i now wear a clasp and have an portable ultrasound device i use at home especially after a session at the gym.

wiltshire builders
11-10-11, 09:00 PM
Stop doing whatever causes it and take lots of ibruprofen.
Being a bricklayer this is the bain of of my life. Cortisone injections are the only real cure and they hurt like hell! :o

Rabb
11-10-11, 09:04 PM
Stop doing whatever causes it and take lots of ibruprofen.
Being a bricklayer this is the bain of of my life. Cortisone injections are the only real cure and they hurt like hell! :o

I know they hurt like hell - I've had them once before!

It is work related - so I can't really stop doing it.

Rabb
11-10-11, 09:08 PM
I had two steroid injections in two weeks and neither worked....ended up going to physio for ultrasound treatment which worked.
When at work i now wear a clasp and have an portable ultrasound device i use at home especially after a session at the gym.

Ive had injections before (once) and by god they hurt!
But, I think I need to book a doctor appt.
(After a month - this isn't going to go away easily)

I have tried to rest that arm - but to no avail - still swollen and painful, even after taking ibuprofen.

Rabb
11-10-11, 09:16 PM

I will go to the docs asap...

Col
12-10-11, 08:40 AM
amputate---clearly the way forward and removes any future elbow probs----------helpful :-? as always :)

Andybusa
12-10-11, 06:18 PM
Listen up my friend. I have had serious tennis elbow in the past and can honestly say that Ibuprufen Gel seriously works wonders!!

Squashed_Fly
13-10-11, 06:04 AM
Stop whinging about it. I'm tired of hearing you make such a raquet!

Taxi for Squashed Fly? I'll get my coat..... ;D

Jon_W
13-10-11, 07:52 AM
amputate---clearly the way forward and removes any future elbow probs----------helpful :-? as always :)

Guarenteed cure.... ;D

Wes
13-10-11, 07:26 PM
I know its something to do with the tendons, if its work related you can get a fit for work note which puts you on light duties, avoiding over-stressing the injury.