PDA

View Full Version : Watch your dogs!!

Rossio
24-10-11, 07:46 PM
Recently there have been alot of dog thefts, in particular working spaniels and labradors, and only ten mins ago it happened to me, luckily i got out in time thanks to jack(my huntaway) and charlie(spaniel puppy) yelping,guess he had his ear to lift him over the fence or something,and caught the bastard in the act and he dropped the pup, they were in an old transit with a seriously blowing exhaust, my heart is pounding....wish id got a hold of the ****er! just keep an eye or you dogs if they live outside like mine do,and if they mean as much to you as mine do.

Swanny
24-10-11, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the warning

If anyone tries to take my dog they need to know that my bite is worst than my dogs >:(

Green Man
25-10-11, 12:08 AM
If someone tried to steal my Labrador and I caught them they wouldn’t be walking away .. >:( >:(

SupeRDel
25-10-11, 12:09 AM
Never understand the fools who leave a dog outside a shop. Dog theifs work in teams. They will block your view of it outside while someone takes it.

wiltshire builders
25-10-11, 07:12 AM
Bloody hell! Always thought this was an urban myth. Glad you stopped them.

NiteW4tcher
25-10-11, 01:35 PM
****ing bastards!! reported to police?

Jon_W
25-10-11, 01:40 PM
Scum!!! >:(

Lucky escape. Proof I suppose that theiving gits will nick anything that isn't bolted down.

Hope they get what is cioming to them.

Can you get a disc lock for a dog???? :D

wiltshire builders
25-10-11, 04:17 PM

Lucky escape. Proof I suppose that theiving gits will nick anything that isn't bolted down.

If you saw them doing it you could always tail them, then when you collar them you could dish out some ruff justice. I wouldn't paws for a second..........sorry :-[

Squashed_Fly
25-10-11, 05:08 PM
I normally leave Rolo outside the shop when we go in without thinking about it. Will be more careful in future. He's too stupid to bark, so long as they had food he'd go of his own accord!

Rossio
25-10-11, 06:30 PM

If you saw them doing it you could always tail them, then when you collar them you could dish out some ruff justice. I wouldn't paws for a second..........sorry :-[

LOL ;D

Morticia
25-10-11, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the warning

If anyone tries to take my dog they need to know that my bite is worst than my dogs >:(
Ditto.
Hope they go for a trained pooch and the get their stealing arses bitten

Col
25-10-11, 10:03 PM
Yeah shame you didn't the van reg.no.

Anyone care to explain why? OK if it's pedigree you need kennel club ??/breed ?? docets to verify the dogs breeding otherwise it's just a dog of no actual breeding value.

Does Joe Turkey just buy dogs from anyone in a pub/ on a corner---how is it done ??--what is plod doing about it if it's a national crime.

What happens to these nicked dogs ? Have heard/read about ending up as local delicacy [a vet was eating out and in a mouthful found a i.d. implant which he scanned and turned out to be one of his 'patients'--told to me by a vet :o--apparently true ]

Is it a result of immigrants getting hungry for home recipes ?

Seems a bit odd to me but I ain't from Thailand ;D

Rossio
26-10-11, 05:13 AM
It seems that it is working dogs they are targeting, I personally know of 3 cocker spaniels stolen from the wantage area,and a lab from a farm on the ridgeway, A true working dog does not always have to be papered to be worth money, as im all to aware if you pay a 1000 for a 8th gen pedigree there is no guarantee that it isnt gun shy or wont work etc, with it being the main shooting season for just about all game and wild fowl at the moment and is until feburary there are alot of potential outlets for gun dogs, admitably it would be pretty stupid if you bought a dog that no one could tell you the history of and you couldnt tell people about it when they ask but hey that does happen too, as im led to believe they cut the chip out of the dog!?cruel what! The main link to the theifts is a silver VW with a "modified exhaust" thats all the po po say, i hope that helps a bit, iv never typed so much so early lol

Jon_W
26-10-11, 07:48 AM

groan! ;D ;D

lolliver
26-10-11, 09:48 AM

Don't know why I laughed so hard at this :o

But sorry to hear about your dogs Rossio, I'm glad they didn't manage to take 'em.

Col
27-10-11, 01:03 AM
Cheers Rossio am now somewhat enlightened as to canine abduction 8-)

Dog subject---bit of an unfortunate incident at work :(
A work colleague known as 'Armi' -- this due to an ancient chocolate advert about armadillos being smoothe on the outside and thick in the middle or somat like-- was using the JCB and his spaniel was wandering about [bit old but a nice little gun dog]. Unfortunately Armi was not exactly 'on the case' and drove over his own spaniel making it somewhat flat and dead :'( I refrained from any comment due to my caring nature and not wishing to extract the peee from someone in mental trauma :)

Suffice to say Armi is now favourite to receive the much coveted 'Driver Of The Year Award' 8-)

Rabb
29-10-11, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the warning.

If anyone touched my dog - I would not be responsible for my actions.
He's my boy!
Once someone threatened to kick him - he soon backed off when I verbally warned him (and I admit that I had to stride towards him a little bit..... - to get my point across.

As far as I'm concerned nobody threatens animals or kids and gets away with it in my company.
(I operate a zero tolerance factor in these circumstances )