PDA

View Full Version : Knee Op Tomorrow!

Scotty
10-11-11, 10:29 PM
Yep, being collected tomorrow (Friday) morning at 06.30 for a day trip to hospital to get my knee fixed - reconstruction of the left Anterior Cruciate Ligament to be precise... Out later on crutches, minimum of three weeks off work and no bikes for three months! :'( :'( :'(

Still, following rehab and physio it should be back to normal, in time for the tail end of the off-roading season and with enough time to rebuild the trackbike ahead of next season yay! 8-)

wiltshire builders
10-11-11, 10:34 PM
Hope it goes well.

Last Train
10-11-11, 11:50 PM
Mend well mate

:)

Roxy
11-11-11, 04:31 AM
Make sure they mark up the correct knee with the pen!

Hope it all goes well Hun.

Roxy x

Snowy
11-11-11, 07:38 AM
Yep, being collected tomorrow (Friday) morning at 06.30 for a day trip to hospital to get my knee fixed - reconstruction of the left Anterior Cruciate Ligament to be precise... Out later on crutches, minimum of three weeks off work and no bikes for three months! :'( :'( :'(

Still, following rehab and physio it should be back to normal, in time for the tail end of the off-roading season and with enough time to rebuild the trackbike ahead of next season yay! 8-)

Hope it goes to plan Si.....and that you're back on two wheels asap.

Scotty
11-11-11, 07:42 AM
In my hospital room now, the consultant's been in & drawn a big arrow pointing to the correct knee! :-)

Jacde
11-11-11, 07:48 AM
Good luck Scotty, see you in a few weeks time.

NoYou
11-11-11, 07:52 AM
Good luck scoty hope it all goes well

Chappers
11-11-11, 07:53 AM
In my hospital room now, the consultant's been in & drawn a big arrow pointing to the correct knee! :-)

At least the arrow's pointing to your knee!! :o

Here's to a swift recovery [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mikkie1986
11-11-11, 09:57 AM
Good luck matey, 8-)

Scotty
11-11-11, 11:15 AM
Should have been in theatre 40mins ago, have finished my magazine already, getting bored now. Have also been told that I could be in overnight, which I wasn't expecting :-( ho hum. Bloody starving too, haven't even had a drink yet today!

Snowy
11-11-11, 11:17 AM
Should have been in theatre 40mins ago, have finished my magazine already, getting bored now. Have also been told that I could be in overnight, which I wasn't expecting :-( ho hum. Bloody starving too, haven't even had a drink yet today!

Just keep chatting up the nurses .... ;D

Gerry
11-11-11, 11:50 AM
When I had my knee op they came for me with a trolley but I asked if I could walk to the theatre, half way there the nurse said “I think you had better pop on the trolley” with a big grin !
It was only then I realised that I’d not done the back of my white coat thingy that was supposed to be tied up at the back, so was exposing my bum to all on sundry ;D

Was most surprised that when I went back to the consultant a couple of weeks later he talked me through a video of the op and then gave it to me to keep ! He was obviously really pleased with his handywork and enjoyed showing off his skill with tiny instruments / camera on a probe - weird ;D
I'm sure he put it all on the bill though :-/

Good luck...
G

Mikkie1986
11-11-11, 12:16 PM
Rookie error Si..... Rule number 1 of going to hospitals...... Always take Haribo!

njl
11-11-11, 01:04 PM
GWS hope your out quickly and mended up soon

Roxy
11-11-11, 02:02 PM
Why am I not surprised you are bored already! ::)

and a possible overnight stay...lucky thing...all those germs! ewww ;D

I can imagine you to be a bloody awful patient, don't know why :-X ::)

Roxy x
ps Haribo FTW :D

Jon_W
11-11-11, 02:41 PM
I can imagine you to be a bloody awful patient, don't know why :-X ::)

Roxy x

;D :-X

Hope all wen ok. Speedy recovery.

Roxy
11-11-11, 03:16 PM
It's quiet on here so I guess he got his slot!

GWS Si

Roxy x

Chappers
11-11-11, 03:31 PM
It's quiet on here so I guess he got his slot!

GWS Si

Roxy x

Didn't realise it was that sort of operation?! :o

;)

silly_simon
11-11-11, 04:51 PM
Best of luck with the recovery mate :)

Hope youre not too sore :D :D

Toph
11-11-11, 05:59 PM
Get well soon Si :)
Rest up and give it time to heal.

bubblylittleme
11-11-11, 06:04 PM
Hope its all gone well x

Green Man
11-11-11, 07:01 PM
Get well soon Si hope all went well :)

BB
11-11-11, 07:20 PM
GWS 8-)

BB

Caz
11-11-11, 07:49 PM
Hope all goes well Simon, take care [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
11-11-11, 07:53 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Scotty

Scotty
11-11-11, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, all done now and a bit sore as a result... Myhamstring hurt a lot initially as it was used to donate the ligament material for the reconstruction, but now it's all a bit minty. After coming round I was trying to rest but the combination of anaesthetic and morphine had me on a bit of a trip and weird thoughts and images kept bouncing around in my head like a sort of cerebral pinball, not very restful!
The surgeon said that the ligament material was good and the anchoring was very secure so he's confident that it'll be a success :-) the rest of it is up to me to ensure I do the rehab & physio properly to restore the knee to full working order. Star will be along soon, hopefully with some more reading material, and after some time with the physio in the morning I can go home and spend the next three weeks busily taking it easy :-)
Cheers everyone, see you soon for the Charley Boorman curry & show!

Col
11-11-11, 09:20 PM
Take it easy dude--always interested so how d'ya knacker the knee ?

;D ;D @ Chappers

bobf279
11-11-11, 09:32 PM
worth taking the time to make sure it heals properly

Chappers
12-11-11, 09:42 AM
Glad to hear all went well si - hope it heals well :)

Roxy
12-11-11, 10:26 AM
Good news Si, well done. Onwards now to recovery!

Roxy x

Scotty
13-11-11, 11:31 AM
No prizes for guessing which is the good one...
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Barking_Toad/KneeOp.jpg

At least they don't open the knee up like a book nowadays, it's mostly keyhole surgery, but it's still bloody uncomfortable though! Whilst a bunch of WBs are out in the sun enjoying themselves I'm sitting at home dosed up with Ibuprofen and keeping an ice pack on the knee to reduce the swelling. Once that reduces I'll be able to flex it more and do the physio exercises more easily.
That said, it's comparitively straightforward compared with the reconstruction that Jaydee's faced with. I really don't envy you that mate, but it'll be better than it is now...

bubblylittleme
13-11-11, 02:09 PM

At least they don't open the knee up like a book nowadays, it's mostly keyhole surgery, but it's still bloody uncomfortable though! Whilst a bunch of WBs are out in the sun enjoying themselves I'm sitting at home dosed up with Ibuprofen and keeping an ice pack on the knee to reduce the swelling. Once that reduces I'll be able to flex it more and do the physio exercises more easily.
That said, it's comparitively straightforward compared with the reconstruction that Jaydee's faced with. I really don't envy you that mate, but it'll be better than it is now...

love the shaved look...lol

Maz
14-11-11, 07:52 PM

love the shaved look...lol

;D ;D agree!!

Glad the operation went well. Will be swollen for a while...

How are you feeling and when do you start your physio?

Roxy
14-11-11, 09:13 PM
looking swollen but ok I guess, the scars will be small so as not to ruin those youthful looking track God legs!! ;D

Glad you're on the road to recovery... I bet jd's will look much better!! ;) ;) ;D

Roxy x

Rabb
14-11-11, 09:49 PM
Speedy recovery!

Nelly
14-11-11, 09:51 PM
get well soon then fella. You'll be in the 100m hurdles again before you know it ;)

Scotty
14-11-11, 11:19 PM
Cheers guys :) The shaven looks's all gone kinda stubbly now, though the swelling's no less prominent (oo-er!)
It is improving though, I can stand on two feet unaided now, but still need at least one crutch to walk, easier with two. The swelling isn't helping exercises at the moment because it makes flexing the knee difficult (and it hurts too :'() but physio proper begins on Friday so I have to do what I can in the meantime to loosen things up, which means mostly sitting in front of the TV (thank God for catch-up TV, V+ and DVDs, daytime TV is absolute pants), reading and sitting at the PC, with some exercises now and then.
100m hurdles? I was crap at that over 30 years ago, don't think that this'll make me any better.... ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
15-11-11, 08:11 AM
Glad to see your up again. Speedy recovery.

Geordie Stu
16-11-11, 10:29 AM
Good luck with the physio [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Dabz
16-11-11, 04:04 PM
You'll be a jeremy kyle addict before you know it - doesn't take long when stuck in front of daytime tv :P

Mikkie1986
16-11-11, 04:22 PM
You'll be a jeremy kyle addict before you know it - doesn't take long when stuck in front of daytime tv :P

;D

Scotty
16-11-11, 04:56 PM
The day I become a Jeremy Kyle addict is the day you can take my bike keys away from me as I'll no longer be worthy of riding..... :( hand me the loaded pistol please...

Anyway I've been working behind the scenes to try and arrange a bit of a top deal for WBs, watch this space 8-)

Mikkie1986
16-11-11, 05:11 PM
:-? Top deal.....

Last Train
16-11-11, 06:08 PM
:o

As the audience ?

Nelly
16-11-11, 06:36 PM

As the audience ?

;D ;D ;D
Nah the contestants!
DNA Tests all round!

Rabb
16-11-11, 07:49 PM
Good Luck with the physio.
Don't watch daytime TV - you will become brain dead after only a couple of hours.
Re-visit your record collection - it's amazing to do this every few years.

Last Train
17-11-11, 06:04 PM

As the audience ?

;D ;D ;D
Nah the contestants!
DNA Tests all round!

I wanna grow a pair !!

:D :D

Jon_W
18-11-11, 08:13 AM

As the audience ?

;D ;D ;D
Nah the contestants!
DNA Tests all round!

;D ;D

Roxy
21-11-11, 11:16 AM
How's it going hopalong?

Up and running yet?

Roxy x

Scotty
21-11-11, 11:26 AM
Cheers, up and about now, no running yet though.... Down to one crutch, might be off them entirely in a week or so if the physio and exercises work out properly. That reminds me, it's exercise time now...

Roxy
21-11-11, 11:40 AM
COME ON KNEES UP!!

well done Si, keep up the good work!

Roxy x

Dabz
21-11-11, 11:43 AM
Good to see you up and about last night mate