PDA

View Full Version : Muslims against crusades

wiltshire builders
11-11-11, 04:44 PM
Theresa May has outlawed the group muslims against crusades. When I heard the news I thought 'great it's about bloody time'.

Obviously Anjem Choudary is a buffoon and doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word hypocrisy. I once heard one of his followers tell a muslim cleric, who had told him that islam teaches tolerance and peace, that he obviously didn't understand the Quran.

However, is this playing into their hands by making the martyrs? Britain prides itself on freedom of speach, so are we now going back on everything we've fought for?

For once, I'm sure if I have an opinion.

BladeTriple
11-11-11, 06:46 PM
Ah don't worry, MAC / Islam4UK or any other banned extremist group they call forward will reinvent themselves, p1$$ us off some more , watch them yell at our returning troops calling us baby killers, burning poppies, calling for some brand of Muslim law to be imposed in UK that would inevitably strip everyone of ANY right to protest....

Basically they are just the Jack Russell's of the Muslim world, making a noise that nobody really cares about , but we end up listening because the media gives them air time .

By giving these idiots air time and banning them its giving them more publicity, personally I'd tell the media not to give them any coverage no matter what they do and if they overstep the mark , let the law deal with them, again while maintaining a media blackout of them .

Without press and media sensation they become like everyone else.... Invisible

Mitch9128
11-11-11, 10:39 PM
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
Noam Chomsky

Hunar
13-11-11, 06:54 AM
Ah don't worry, MAC / Islam4UK or any other banned extremist group they call forward will reinvent themselves, p1$$ us off some more , watch them yell at our returning troops calling us baby killers, burning poppies, calling for some brand of Muslim law to be imposed in UK that would inevitably strip everyone of ANY right to protest....

Basically they are just the Jack Russell's of the Muslim world, making a noise that nobody really cares about , but we end up listening because the media gives them air time .

By giving these idiots air time and banning them its giving them more publicity, personally I'd tell the media not to give them any coverage no matter what they do and if they overstep the mark , let the law deal with them, again while maintaining a media blackout of them .

Without press and media sensation they become like everyone else.... Invisible

+1

They are protesting for a law that would have them in jail or put to death for protesting.........

cornishbob
13-11-11, 12:46 PM
we let the EDL and the BNP have freedom to speak

redken1
13-11-11, 04:02 PM
we let the EDL and the BNP have freedom to speak

Whether we like it or not, it’s not too difficult to understand why millions of Muslims around the world take the view that our government are a bunch of hypocrites. I’d better shut up or Home secretary May, may ban me. :P

cornishbob
13-11-11, 04:23 PM
it isnt just muslims.

Mitch9128
13-11-11, 05:50 PM
This is what makes us different to the sort of totalitarian regimes that these morons pretend to support? Freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of religion. Start to take that away and they start to win.

I can think of one reason only that the useless May announced the ban of them the other day, to divert attention away from her failure to manage the Border Agency. Hang the ****ing press i say.

Jon_W
14-11-11, 09:40 AM
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
Noam Chomsky

Too true.

How free is "freedom"?

Mitch9128
14-11-11, 10:27 AM
Noam Chomsky

Too true.

How free is "freedom"?

It's free Jon, everyone has it, along with rights, we are all born with 'it'.

However, governments and dictators like to take it away, and restrict it.

Julie_S
21-11-11, 01:46 PM
Call me slow, but have they not missed the Crusades? bit late protesting now.

These blokes seriously need to read up on their history.

And before they burn poppies they should take time to go and a look at the panels on the Menin Gate writen in Islamic script... Muslims died in our name in both World Wars. All volunteers too I believe

Thing here is that you aren't allowed to upset peoples' religious sensibilities by Law (applies to some, not others though?) that should apply to other beliefs too, and to many people in the country The Fallen are treated with a reverence normally reserved for religion. That's why they should not behave in such an inflamitory way - it offends millions of people. "Freedom to protest" does not normally take the form of carrying placards saying all (whoever you despise!) should die !

redken1
22-11-11, 07:50 PM
The crusades to which Anjem Choudary and members of the now outlawed campaign group referred to were not those that occurred in the main, between 1095 and 1291, but the crusades of the past 60 years.

The crusades in Iraq:
The Iraqi Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs estimate that around 4.5 million children are orphans. Nearly 70 percent of them lost their parents since the invasion and the ensuing violence. From the total number, around 600,000 children are living in the streets without a house or food to survive

The crusades in Palestine:
4 million UN-registered Palestinian refugees trace their origins to the 1948 exodus; 750,000 people belong to families displaced in 1967 - many for the second time.
Palestinian advocacy group Badil says another 1.5 million hail from pre-1948 Palestine but were not UN-registered, while an additional 274,000 were internally displaced inside Israel after 1948, and 150,000 were displaced in the occupied territories after 1967.
That makes more than six million people, one of the biggest displaced populations in the world.

I find the vile hatred which spouts out of Anjem Choudary’s mouth repulsive. However, banning his campaign group doesn’t address the serious question of what is it that turns so many sensible fair minded young Muslims to extreme fundamentalism? Perhaps some of the answers lie in the above facts? It is my personal belief that American and UK foreign policies serves as a far more effective recruiting sergeant for fundamentalism than Choudary could ever be.

Dex
22-11-11, 10:13 PM
Noam Chomsky

Too true.

How free is "freedom"?

It's free Jon, everyone has it, along with rights, we are all born with 'it'.

However, governments and dictators like to take it away, and restrict it.

I disagree - nobody is born with "rights". They are things laid down in law (by governments) who then uphold those rights.

Mitch9128
23-11-11, 09:37 AM
Dex, who fought for these rights to be enshrined in constitutions and law? Our rights are continually eroded on a daily basis by politicians, and governments. Politicians couldn't give two hoots for your rights.