PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye!

Uber Dave
22-11-11, 04:18 PM
Got ya! No I ain't leaving (some may be dissapointed?)

Ok I have not been on the forums much the last month or so as I have been somewhat busy with non bike related life. One of which is my looming trip to the South Atlantic to protect our newly discovered Oil fields around the Falkland Islands.

I will be flying off within three weeks and wont be back till April so thought I would take this chance while I still can sit down and think about stuff to post a Merry Christmas/New year thread and to say bye till April.

Due to the internet access being limited I shall try and pop on now and then but my time will be spent on facebook or emailing family/friends etc rather than reading how good the weather you all have for riding, while I am stuck in a dump with no bikes for miles!

So with that said..... I hope you all have an Excellent Christmas and New Year, and that the weather for the start of the next bike season kicks off as well as this one did around Easter with those amazing temps!

Dave

Dabz
22-11-11, 04:23 PM
Looking forward to your return ready for some riding next year mate, take care out there :)

Jacde
22-11-11, 04:27 PM
Enjoy, at least it's summer there!

Beamer
22-11-11, 07:49 PM
Hmmmm........so what happened to the visit before you go then Mr Uber?? Hehe...I know, life gets in the way when you're a busy bunny lol

Hope it goes quickly and life treats you well over there.

Take care and don't do anything daft !!

Watch out for gooches and 'teabags' hehehe

See ya when you get back from all of us....especially Connor

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moo
22-11-11, 07:53 PM

;D ;D ;D Yes but it's the Falklands! It can still snow in the summer down there!!

Nelly
22-11-11, 07:56 PM
Take care fella. Happy Christmas and see you in the spring.

PS. If you do manage to get your hands on some oil, will there be any discount? ;)

redken1
22-11-11, 08:04 PM
Good luck Dave and say hello to the penguins 8-)

Snowy
22-11-11, 09:10 PM
Good luck Dave and see you the other side.........next spring.

Roxy
22-11-11, 09:37 PM
Ledger,

Have a safe trip babe, hopefully you won't get too bored down there. Save the pennies cos I'm not sure there's much else to do there!! come back and buy a new bike for next season!!

Guess you pulled the short straw with location, considering you have to stop off to refuel at Ascension which is far hotter than Faulklands (even you albino types can get a tan there!! ) ;D ;D

Enjoy geek and keep in touch. 8-)

Roxy x

Uber Dave
22-11-11, 10:13 PM
(even you albino types can get a tan there!! )

Should manage a decent tan down the FI as well due to a lack of Ozone supposedly and it being Summer too. Burnt to hell in day one knowing my luck!

Roxy
22-11-11, 10:24 PM

;D ;D ;D Yes but it's the Falklands! It can still snow in the summer down there!!

Well let's hope you can change from blue to white then at the very least! ;D

Maybe you could just hop off at ASC and stay there! ;)

Roxy x

Col
23-11-11, 02:08 AM
Good luck dude :).

Acquaintance went down there to sweep the runway---not heard of since lol!!!

The oil find isn't new as has been known about for many years which could/very highly probably lead to another conflict so I would expect some beefing up to be going on.

BB
23-11-11, 07:30 AM
Take car etc etc 8-)

BB

Dabz
23-11-11, 08:15 AM

Should manage a decent tan down the FI as well due to a lack of Ozone supposedly and it being Summer too. Burnt to hell in day one knowing my luck!

Uh oh :p we know from experience that you don't cope we'll with sunshine ;)

Blackandchrome
23-11-11, 08:17 AM
Take car etc etc 8-)

BB
Blimey! When I last went down south all I could take was my tool box! ::)

Uber Dave
23-11-11, 04:05 PM

Uh oh :p we know from experience that you don't cope we'll with sunshine ;)

No I dont do I, this time though there should be no sea or being cooped up in leathers and my helmet all day in 35degC heat......

Squashed_Fly
25-11-11, 08:29 AM
Take car etc etc 8-)

BB

I don't think they'll be able to fit it on the plane.... ;D ;D ;D