PDA

View Full Version : 'World fears US as a war-hungry drunk' ex-Senator

Swanny
24-11-11, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQm-fY4qvQ

Squashed_Fly
25-11-11, 05:44 AM
Blimey Swanny, you ever post anything positive and uplifting? ;D

The worlds not all doom & gloom you know! If you're not careful, you'll end up like Ken*! lol

*Post Disclaimer: This post is meant to be taken lightly, with a pinch of salt. Any offence caused, is purely the fault of the reader, and not the intention of the poster.

Jon_W
25-11-11, 08:07 AM
As with SF, are you a harbinger of the end of the world Swanny???

Armageddon!!!!!! armageddon outta here.......

I'll get my coat.

Swanny
25-11-11, 08:35 AM
How about an evil owl??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMheQP3pgU

:)

Jon_W
25-11-11, 09:37 AM
;D ;D ;D

Now THATS scary!!!!

redken1
25-11-11, 07:05 PM
Blimey Swanny, you ever post anything positive and uplifting? ;D

The worlds not all doom & gloom you know! If you're not careful, you'll end up like Ken*! lol

*Post Disclaimer: This post is meant to be taken lightly, with a pinch of salt. Any offence caused, is purely the fault of the reader, and not the intention of the poster.

SF, As I’m in good health, have a fantastic family and am able to pursue my real passion of motorcycling, perhaps I should adopt a more “I’m alright Jack” and f**k everyone else attitude towards life?

Especially for you and for “One night only” I wont talk about the “Doom & gloom” facing our 1 million youngsters living on the unemployment scrapheap.

I won’t talk about the “Doom & gloom" facing our thousands of pensioners who will die of the cold this winter.

I won’t talk about the “Doom & gloom” facing the loved ones of our brave young men and women who died fighting on foreign soil.

I won’t talk about the “Doom & gloom” facing the peaceful protesters in Damascus, Baghdad, Manama, Tripoli, Cairo, Kabul and so on.

I won’t talk about the “Doom & gloom" facing Europe as it tackles its biggest crisis since 1939-45.

In the spirit of a positive vein, Lapland released a statement saying that Santa Claus has expressed a desire to produce lots of little Santas. Accordingly, as from next year, Santa will be coming more than once a year. (If he is not on strike due to a cut in his pension) :P

On a separate matter SF, I am really thick skinned and your post does not offend me in the slightest but, I don’t understand your disclaimer. If the content (full or part) of an author’s post is deemed to be offensive, how can that be the fault of the reader?

Dabz
26-11-11, 07:30 PM
I think his fault of the reader bit was a joke...

And SF has hit the nail on the head! Too much of this political doom talking is depressing! Yes, we're in the throws of a possible double dip recession and a global financial crisis, but the fact is we're lucky to live in the western world. We're here because the majoritiy of us have motorbikes and use them for pleasure. There are billions of people in the world who have never experience pleasure!

Life isn't all bad :) we've just gotten used to 15 years of prosperity when we didn't earn it

Beamer
26-11-11, 07:51 PM
Couldnt agree more Dabz......make the most of what you have, whilst you still can.......too many people take everything they have for granted....we are bloody lucky as a nation to have indoor toilets, running water and lighting ETC ETC ETC......the list is endless.
The glass is either half full or half empty so they say......Im glad to say mine is half full !!!

Smile Swanny, it could be soooo much worse :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Col
26-11-11, 07:58 PM
I'd be happier if me fags 'n beer was cheaper ;D ;D

Can't see what any non [tax] duty contributors gotta moan about as it's us 'addicts' that are shafted every time ::)...and we have good cause to moan as it is excessive, punitive taxation....I'd like to see bloody bottled water taxed similarly ;D

wow love that liccle owl :)

Dabz
26-11-11, 08:04 PM
Count yourself lucky you have the option to smoke and drink. Compare that to people who don't have the option to eat

Col
26-11-11, 08:13 PM
uhhhh :-? 'option to eat'--either do or ya don't. I guess if you don't you die unfortunately no option is available with discriminatory taxation ;)

redken1
26-11-11, 08:23 PM
I respect your views but if we stop talking about serious issues like the thousands of pensioners who will die this winter because they can't afford to keep warm, it won't go away. I was merely responding to Aiden's post. We all have different personalities and express our feelings in different ways, however, I take on board your comments. :) :) :) :) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dabz
26-11-11, 08:31 PM
uhhhh :-? 'option to eat'--either do or ya don't. I guess if you don't you die unfortunately no option is available with discriminatory taxation ;)

So you're saying the millions of people starving in Africa are doing so because they're choosing not to eat?

Taxation is necessary to get us out of the **** that we're in because of 15 years of cheap loans and lending money to people who shouldn't have been lent to

Toph
26-11-11, 08:33 PM
On a lighter note... here's another ickle owl!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G1PFLuTrgM&feature=player_embedded

Cute or what??? ;D ;D

Dabz
26-11-11, 08:36 PM
Lol :p nice one toph :D

Col
26-11-11, 08:50 PM
So you're saying the millions of people starving in Africa are doing so because they're choosing not to eat?

Taxation is necessary to get us out of the **** that we're in because of 15 years of cheap loans and lending money to people who shouldn't have been lent to

In a word 'Yes'-sadly there is no organisation--Africa is a very fertile land well able to feed the whole population with proper management.

As for tax the main cause of debt is excessive, uncontrolled Government spending. Reduce this spending rather than Keynsian approach and there is really little requirement to impose high taxation.

Yeah Toph seen before---brilliant --- yeah I think owls are brilliant :) There is a big one that flies around Lackham roundabout 8-)

Dabz
26-11-11, 09:13 PM
Ahh sorry my bad, never realised they were starving to death by choice. Perhaps you should tell the comic relief people so we stop wasting money sending it out to the lazy African bastards?

FJ_Biker
26-11-11, 09:16 PM
I know we are lucky to live in the rich west, I have backpacked around some third world countries and seen some shocking things.

But sill believe we have the right to question what is going on around us, I am not after free handouts just a fairer society.

From Swannys video. The sad thing is I have seen the after-mouth off the American war in Vietnam and Laos, lush forestation burnt out with agent orange. Mine fields / areas where cluster bombs landed in Laos that are still being de-mined. I remember one day the bus we were traveling on being waved down and a member of the public collecting money for funeral costs for a relative who had been killed by a mine. 40 years on and its still happening this time the enemy has changed from Dirty Commies to terrorists and countries America consider to be rouge states.

The sad thing is we have no say as the UK government will just follow the Americans like sheep. I can't even vote against this in the next election because all party's haven't got the balls to tell America to sod off

redken1
26-11-11, 09:21 PM
Did you see what happened in Pakistan? :o

Swanny
26-11-11, 09:50 PM
I've seen the same as you Taffy :(

Yea Red I did. They keep pushing them to fight back :-/

Swanny
27-11-11, 11:50 AM
Did you see what happened in Pakistan? :o
Pakistan says it will press ahead with its Iran gas pipeline deal despite a strong opposition by the United States

That's probably the reason behind it