PDA

View Full Version : I've been cloned!

wiltshire builders
26-11-11, 04:38 PM
shortly after I bought my van 3 years ago, I had a fine come through for a parking ticket in Milton Keynes.
I called the council and told I had never been to Milton Keynes and had no intention of ever going there,
It turns out there was an identical van to mine out there. (mine's the real one)
Well the b@stard has struck again..... or rather been struck.
I had a letter from Allianz insurance asking me for more details regarding the damage that their client had caused said van in Kent.
Obviously the driver didn't want to give too much away as he's driving illegally and his van has been flagged on the police data base.
I hope it's a bloody write off! ;D

NiteW4tcher
26-11-11, 06:39 PM
haha a mate of mine was pulled over one and arrested...

turns out his scooby had been cloned and he was arrested for a crime in scotland (he was in cornwall)

Julie_S
27-11-11, 05:39 PM
Scum. Goes to show what a mockery all this ANPR etc is, they'll always find a way around it. Could be quite tricky to get out of if they were local to the person whose plate they'd copied. Normally though they don't go for a 100% identical vehicle do they?

look on the bright side. A mate of mine had the police roll up on their doorstep in a non-too friendly mood as 'their' MK2 SRi Cav was used in a robbery. Police took some convincing the car was on false plates