PDA

View Full Version : Home studio?

Squashed_Fly
01-12-11, 10:45 PM
This may be a long shot, but does anyone here have a half decent recording setup for guitar/vox?

I want to lay down some acoustic tracks, with overlaying vocals & harmonies for a track that will be the first dance at our wedding.

I can do the drum track, and the bass track in Ableton, but I want the guitar parts and the vocals to be my own, and although I can record them in Ableton, the quality is shocking through my laptops internal mic!

If anyone has a setup, and fancies working on a project with me, I'd be very grateful, and supply the beer! :D

Rossio
02-12-11, 04:41 AM
It would have to be a half decent set up if your singing! maybe someone has an auto tune aswell?? ;D ;D

Nelly
02-12-11, 07:18 AM
Have a nice word with V_Mix. He may be able to help out. :)

Squashed_Fly
02-12-11, 07:19 AM
Cheeky fecker!

I hope you realise you are talking to the 1999, Jumpin' Jaks (Gloucester site) Robbie Williams tribute act???? lol

Soooooooo glad those days are behind me! ;D

FJ_Biker
02-12-11, 11:33 AM
the quality is shocking through my laptops internal mic!

Try an external mic?

Squashed_Fly
02-12-11, 12:44 PM
I haven't got a decent sound interface, plus it's a laptop which isn't ideal for recording on. I could go and buy the equipment, but it's a lot to invest for a one off project.

If nobody has, then I'll book some time with a studio...

Jacde
02-12-11, 01:00 PM
Aid, there are studios next to the railway line by the big Tesco on Occtal Way in town, have you tried there?

Squashed_Fly
02-12-11, 01:53 PM
I haven't yet, but that sounds like a good place to start...

bubblylittleme
02-12-11, 05:35 PM
V-mix might help you.

peter Lamb at Potterne devizes is good. mary has recorded there a couple of times. £25 for hour we paid but she just sang with backing track and was spot on first time so no messing about.

http://www.musicworkshop.co.uk/