PDA

View Full Version : >>>-----knee---->

Swanny
16-12-11, 11:48 AM
Just wondering if anyone here has taken an arrow to the knee??

;)

Gerry
16-12-11, 10:09 PM
Swanny - I've had mercy on you. Posts been up all day and no takers ;)

Arrow to the knee you say. Well personally no, why, have something interesting happened to you in the knee department lately ??????

G :)
PS Full marks for the title image mate [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Swanny
16-12-11, 10:13 PM
It's a game called SkyRim that I guess no one here plays
Thanks for the reply :)

Gerry
16-12-11, 10:32 PM
Ahh, you would be wrong there young Swanny.
You may know me as just old Gerry, but to my fellow Neopaths I’m Dirk the Mighty, Lord and Master of Dinklespoon and commander of the Army of Zimmersmith.

Known for my fair minded ways (to all except those lowly Xcrruths who keep pooing on my front lawn) and also for the terrible anger that sees me killing and eating all my enemies (especially the pretty ones from Kryphsterville) !

So, lowly Swanny, kneel and beg forgiveness that you have directed a question directly to me, Dirk the Mighty, rather than write in on a piece of crocodile parchment which is handed over with lowered eyes. Otherwise I will have you cast out of Dinklespoon and your intestines sent to the four moons of our glorious planet !!!

D ;)

Gerry
16-12-11, 10:34 PM
Please forgive my Friday evening teasing ;) I never got into role play type games although I did spend about ten hours on Eve Online over a weekend once which was fascinating, but I think my mind is to old and inflexible to cope with the millions of choices that you need to make and keep up with to have fun on there.

G :)

Hunar
16-12-11, 10:48 PM
They have curved swords. Curved. Swords.

Swanny
16-12-11, 11:09 PM
All hail Dirk the Mighty :D

I've also heard that they have curved swords :o

NoYou
16-12-11, 11:28 PM
haha i do play skyrim but missed the reference... quite badly...

tbh i wasn't as enthralled by it as i thought i would be, was expecting it to be as awesome as oblivion but it lacked a few simple things that made it less fun imo. ie. being able to jump 20 feet in the air if you got one stat high enough.
which leads me to the second thing that bugged me. You couldn't upgrade STATS only abilities. Although it didn't have much part to play in the initial play through on oblivion it made subsequent play throughs hilariously fun, trying to get through the whole game without putting any points in... say ... health! :D

With skyrim i did my usual of going and doing the guild quests first, got half way through each guild before getting bored and then just ploughed on through the main story line which i finished in ONE DAY! and was HUGELY disappointed with the final fight which was laughably easy.

May give it another try at some point but at the moment i'm completely addicted to dungeon defenders :D

sorry for the rant ::) i can't help it some times!

Rossio
17-12-11, 04:51 AM
MW3 is where its at these days!

Swanny
17-12-11, 09:53 AM
BF3 is where It's at too
8-)

Rossio
18-12-11, 05:11 PM
True

Andybusa
18-12-11, 07:15 PM
Took an arrow to the knee only the other day. Luckily the Ziborg who fired it came from Melksham so was basically a worthless **** from the Winter Hinterlands who couldn't hit a **** in a fit. I was lucky 8-)

Jon_W
18-12-11, 09:01 PM
What the hell are you lot chatting???

or is it just me again...... :-?

lolliver
19-12-11, 12:57 PM
Jon W,

The best description I've found so far is:

"Origin

In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the town guard non-player characters (NPCs) have several stock lines they will repeat when the player walks near them, including a bewildered statement about “curved swords”, a patronizing statement about “sweetroll” theft, and the melancholy confession “I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.” The restating of such a specific story over and over again by so many different guards caused it to be noticed by players, who then proceeded to post about it in gaming forums and image boards. Along with the game itself, the video below helps give the idea that almost every guard in Skyrim became a guard due to the life altering results of receiving an arrow to the knee."

Sums it up pretty well I think! ;)

Jon_W
19-12-11, 01:30 PM
Ah I see....... I think! I take it that The Elder Scrolls V is a game.

Swanny
19-12-11, 06:24 PM
It's more than just a game :D

NoYou
19-12-11, 06:46 PM
It's more than just a game :D
Its a way of life! :P

Jon_W
20-12-11, 09:45 AM
Go out and ride yer motorbikes..... :P

Harry87
21-12-11, 12:51 PM
A 'game'..tssh, life is a game Jon.

Jon_W
21-12-11, 12:54 PM
I still prefer my motorbike..... :P

DC
21-12-11, 06:18 PM
Ive never taken an arrow to the knee but my brother whos 65 hrs in has most definitely taken an arrow to the knee !!!