PDA

View Full Version : A puzzle for IT boffins..

Loops
27-12-11, 05:12 PM
Here's a bit of a puzzle which I cannot work out.

I'm having issues with Amazon at the moment. Somehow I ended up with two accounts, both registered with the same email address, I shall call them Account A and Account B.

Account A is the one I normally use, I've had it since about 2005.
Account B only came to light after my mum accidentally managed to order something on it - I think it was via 1-Click ordering, although she'd never logged in and I'd not used her computer for over a year.

However the odd thing is that I can only log into Account A from this computer. I can't log in to Account B at all, even when I have reset the password 30 seconds earlier.
Account B can be accessed from any other computer, but no other computer can access Account A :-?

I've managed to change the email address of Account B to my other email so I can at least keep track of the two accounts (and prove there are two!), but can anyone explain
a) how I managed to get two registered to the same email in the first place, and
b) why I can only access one of them only on this computer, and the other one only on any other computer :-?

There's a puzzle to occupy those of you not at work over Christmas and New Year ;D It's got me stumped!

Toph
27-12-11, 05:23 PM
I think it's something to do with the opponent of chartesian duallism which resists the reduction of psychological phenomenon to a physical state, and insists there is no point of contact between the extended and the unextended...... ;) ;D

Loops
27-12-11, 05:24 PM
Chris, I'd believe that ;D I can't understand it any other way

Toph
27-12-11, 06:37 PM
In other words Nic.... I aint got a bloody clue!! he he!! ;D ;D

Basher
27-12-11, 07:27 PM
The best thing for you to do Miss Loops, Is to open another account and call it account ( c ) use your Mums details and make her the account holder ;)

This way you can order what you like and yer Mam can pay the bills ( this only seems fair seems yer mam is to blame ;D ;D :D ;) ).

I hope this helps ? I do likes to be helpfull ;D :-*

Nelly
27-12-11, 08:08 PM
I think it's something to do with the opponent of chartesian duallism which resists the reduction of psychological phenomenon to a physical state, and insists there is no point of contact between the extended and the unextended...... ;) ;D
Yeah....what he said... :-?

Nooj
30-12-11, 01:44 AM
Cleared your cookies out?

Swanny
30-12-11, 09:43 AM
Have you tried running CCleaner?
http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/?tag=rb_content;contentBody

Jon_W
02-01-12, 06:24 PM
Big hammer...... hit it!!!!

That'll either kill or cure it!!!

Nooj
03-01-12, 01:36 AM
Turn it off, then back on again??

BB
03-01-12, 06:19 PM
Turn it off, then back on again??

Now don't get too technical! ;)

BB

Nooj
03-01-12, 08:37 PM
That's about the limit of my techie knowledge.
;D

Rabb
03-01-12, 08:50 PM
It could be that you can only have one account registered to an individual IP address - to avoid possible fraud.
By the fact that you can use a different computer to use the other account - this would support my theory.

If all else fails - hit it with a hammer!!! (As Jon said)

Loops
04-01-12, 10:15 PM
A good thought Rabb - but my mum has an Amazon account too, and we've used the same computer to access both of them.....

I'm still confused but I can't face trying to talk to them and find out, they're all cheerful Americans and not technical at all ;D

BB
04-01-12, 10:57 PM
I'm still confused but I can't face trying to talk to them and find out, they're all cheerful Americans and not technical at all ;D

I know what you mean!:P

BB