PDA

View Full Version : A Banker who cares?

redken1
13-01-12, 06:34 PM
Antonio Horta-Osorio, chief executive of Lloyds Banking Group, has said today he will not take an annual bonus for 2011.

He has just returned from a two month absence due to fatigue and acknowledged that had had an "impact" on the bank.
I can’t argue with that Antonio - Shares in Lloyds - which is 41% state-owned - fell more than 60% in 2011.

His basic pay is £1.06m a year, :o and he would have been eligible for bonus payments of up to 225% of that.

Credit where credit is due (excuse the pun). I know times are hard and “We are all in this together,” but I’m too selfish to make a generous sacrifice of a 225% pay cut like Antonio. :P

Sorry in advance - I just couldn't resist it. ;)

Swanny
13-01-12, 07:56 PM
A Banker who cares? ;D

Toph
13-01-12, 08:13 PM
I expect the strain of carrying his wagepacket home made him "fatigued"
£1.06 million a year??? how can you live on that? :-? :D

Toph
14-01-12, 05:23 PM
He forfeited his £2.4 million bonus for 2011 saying, 'I want to share the pain of ordinary people'

So I've sent my wife to live with him for 2 weeks as well. ;D

redken1
15-01-12, 01:15 PM
He forfeited his £2.4 million bonus for 2011 saying, 'I want to share the pain of ordinary people'

Do I detect a tone of sarcasm Chris? - luv it!. ;D On that kinda dosh he could afford to buy all the WB ladies a new bike and have some left for a holiday. ;D

I worked out that even after giving-up his bonus he earnt more last year than I will in my whole working life (that's if I'm allowed to retire at 67 of course :P)

Rabb
15-01-12, 01:25 PM

Thank you Toph - I haven't laughed like that for ages - I have tears rolling down my face

redken1
15-01-12, 01:28 PM
Typing errtor on my previous post on this thread - earnt should have read received >:(

Rabb
15-01-12, 04:52 PM
I could do his job.
I will do it for a quarter of what he is on - and also I won't take a couple of months on 'the sick'
(I've only ever had 3 days off in 28 years of work) and that was for a really bad case of flu in 1997!

Wes
15-01-12, 07:49 PM

brilliant ;D

redken1
15-01-12, 08:24 PM
Antonio is a mere pauper compared to this bloke - Barclays boss Bob Diamond could receive a £10 million payout in the forthcoming bonus season, according to reports.

The Barclays chief executive - who was once dubbed the unacceptable face of banking by former business secretary Lord Mandelson - could receive a share award worth as much as seven-and-a-half times his £1.3 million salary, the Sunday Times said. >:(

gibbo
16-01-12, 10:10 AM
Do I detect a hint of envy regarding Antonio and Bob? :-?
Let's face it. Most people wouldn't mind their salaries (just for one month would do me) but if the customers of these banks were so angry, then they would close their accounts and move elsewhere. But they don't! :-/ And so it goes on. >:(

redken1
16-01-12, 07:17 PM
I pay my taxes to pay for services such as health, policing and other essential services and not to bail-out irresponsible banks. We were told however, that the taxpayer had no other option than to finance the Banks to the tune of £37 billion to protect the UK economy.

Fine, but, at a time when everyone has been told to show restraint and the banks in question are under-performing, surely as stakeholders (taxpayers) we should have the right to express our anger at these obscene bonus payments.
>:(

DaytonaDog
16-01-12, 08:10 PM
I pay my taxes to pay for services such as health, policing and other essential services and not to bail-out irresponsible banks. We were told however, that the taxpayer had no other option than to finance the Banks to the tune of £37 billion to protect the UK economy.

Fine, but, at a time when everyone has been told to show restraint and the banks in question are under-performing, surely as stakeholders (taxpayers) we should have the right to express our anger at these obscene bonus payments.
>:(

+1

I also find it amazing that in these supposed auster times, the government can miraculously find 32 billion for a high speed rail network that nobody wants, 40 million to assist in the Olympic opening ceremony and god knows how many millions in supporting the rebels in Libya, yet cant seem to get a large number of multinational companies to pay their tax bills. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Swanny
16-01-12, 09:54 PM
"The Lawful Bank"
http://lawfulbank.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zK8hwuNmB8