PDA

View Full Version : Should Suarez "Never walk alone?"

redken1
11-02-12, 10:47 PM
Luis Suarez missed eight games and paid a £40,000 fine after he was found guilty of using insulting words with reference to Patrice Evra's skin colour during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Anfield back in October.

Suarez refused to shake Evra’s extended hand before kick-off at today’s match between the two clubs at Old Trafford.

Should Liverpool FC continue to stand by their player?

RedSoul
11-02-12, 11:08 PM
In a nutshell yes...more going on than meets the eye...and it was Evra that made a grab for Suarez when he decided not to shake his hand.

redken1
12-02-12, 12:04 AM
Liverpool made a pre-match statement stating that there would be a handshake between the two players in question and Suarez chose to ignore it.

Scotty
12-02-12, 12:15 AM
Who gives a **** anyway? This isn't a footie forum, if you two want to have a squabble about a bunch of overpaid drama queens I suggest you go find somewhere that does give a **** about them and have your tiff there.

redken1
12-02-12, 12:30 AM
Who gives a **** anyway? This isn't a footie forum, if you two want to have a squabble about a bunch of overpaid drama queens I suggest you go find somewhere that does give a **** about them and have your tiff there.

Accept my humble apologies Scotty – I didn’t know that you were the elected moderator of the Non-bike section.

Perhaps it should be renamed- Scotty’s corner. :P

FJ_Biker
12-02-12, 09:24 AM
Don't worry Ken our public school boy leader Cameron is going to sort this out now ::)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9076946/David-Cameron-hosts-anti-racism-football-summit-at-Downing-Street.html

I hate to think what stupid ideas they will come up with to try and tackle an important problem with our national sport.

DaytonaDog
12-02-12, 10:56 AM
Ken

Yesterday was a sad day for football for a number of reasons.

There are currently two trains of thought regarding the 'handshake'. One is that Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand, the other is that he was holding his hand out and Evra refused to shake hands. This is all dependant on how you interpret the images. My personal view is that they should just shake hands and get on with it. In fact maybe if this had happened after the first incident and not resulted in a somewhat dodgy tribunal (kangaroo court), then todays scenes would not have happened.

At the end of the day it was only a handshake. Evra's behaviour at half time and after the game leave a lot to be desired and Fergies comments after the game, bearing in mind some of his charges in the past have hardly been bastions of morality and good behaviour (Cantona, Keane, Giggs, Rooney) are somewhat hypocritical.

Suarez got an 8 game ban for using insulting language, NOT racist abuse as many claim and indeed the FA and Evra both state that Suarez is NOT racist. Evra himself during the incident used insulting language towards Suarez and his family and threatened him with violence. I've no issue with Suarez getting a ban but 8 games seems harsh, when you consider acts of violence, which if commited in the streets would result in criminal charges, eg Rooney, Balotelli, received less than half of what Suarez did, and in fact the FA were successful in getting Rooney's ban reduced, thus condoning his behaviour, because it meant he could play at the Euro's.

It will be interesting to see how the FA will deal with John Terry, who has actually been charged with racist abuse. I find it somewhat disappointing that Chelsea directors managed to persuade the district judge to put the trial back to a date after the Euros so that Terry can play. Hardly reeks of taking a stand against racism. Would a member of public be afforded such leniency.

Yesterday and recent events just shows how morally corrupt the 'beautiful' game has/is becoming.

KP
12-02-12, 03:02 PM

Absolutely no need for this comment at all, in this section we have , spa days/ golf/ van hire, it does what it says on the tin NON BIKE CHAT,I'm guessing your not a footy fan Scotty? So why even open the thead let alone comment on it :-X

redken1
12-02-12, 05:55 PM
Chris, I am in full agreement with pretty much most of what you said.

I think Fergie was out of order defending Evra’s schoolboy antics at the end, which could have sparked crowd disorder in what was already a volatile fixture.

Like you I love football, but I’m sick and tired of overpaid players (who think they are bigger than their club) behaving like spoilt brats. They should have shook hands and got on with the game. I understand that Suarez has since apologised, so let’s hope that a line can now be drawn under this pathetic saga.

If the image of the game is to improve clubs need to start coming down hard on players who spit their dummies out and the football authorities need to show consistency when dealing with cases of misconduct.

Good result though ;) :)

Geordie Stu
13-02-12, 08:56 AM

Those of us who have other interests outside of Motorcycling coment in the "NON BIKE SECTION". If you have no interest don't comment. :-X

Scotty
13-02-12, 12:28 PM
Sorry folks, I realise that it was an over-reaction on my part. I do like football but I utterly detest man u and it gets a little tiresome reading posts about them (and the scousers) on a bike forum. If I wanted to be bored by their never-ending squabble I'd go on the Beeb's 606 forum for instance.
As for "if you don't like it don't read it" - that's a little difficult when checking the "last 50 posts", there isn't a filter on there to "not display anything related to man u"
That said, it's entirely my bad and I promise to be more tolerant regarding posts about the scum and scouse filth football in future ;) ;) ;)
Sorry for any offence caused.

Jon_W
13-02-12, 01:37 PM
Or are the Farce Association going to start repremanding players. In Rowing we would be given a warning by our assosiation for un-sportsman like behaviour. No excuses no exceptions.

redken1
13-02-12, 05:39 PM
Scotty, I have no desire to be drawn in to a slanging match, but surely you don’t expect Man U and Liverpool fans on here to take your apology seriously when in the same sentence you refer to the respective clubs as, “The Scum and Scouse filth?” >:(

I have been a Man U fan (still attend matches) all of my life and would never refer to Liverpool FC as filth. It seems to me that the only person engaged in a "Squabble" on this thread is you.

I apologise to the moderators for not keeping quiet, but I believe Scotty needs to be challenged over his remarks. I’ll say no more on the matter.

KP
13-02-12, 07:19 PM
I couldn't agree more ken, I wouldn't even say that about out neighbours , I also have been a lifelong Everton supporter, and yes I still attend games, I respect all teams and people, shame some others can't do the same!

That comment / apology ? Is utter bollox, I must admit I expected better from a senior member!

Kevinb
14-02-12, 08:45 AM

Totally agree. fed up with football/footballers. Bring on MotoGP, F1 and rugby (sort the men from the boys)

Geordie Stu
14-02-12, 10:08 AM

Totally agree. fed up with football/footballers. Bring on MotoGP, F1 and rugby (sort the men from the boys)

This is not about "Football" or Players & how much they get paid. This is about racism which has no place in society. >:(

BB
14-02-12, 01:12 PM
This is however the Non Bike section so if you don't want to read about non biking subjects stay away!

And if you are checking the last 50 posts generally the heading on the post gives the subject away or you could choose to ignore it :P

BB