PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Throwing !

Gerry
08-02-12, 12:36 AM
What’s happening to our beloved forum ?

Here we are, all keen, mean, bad biker dudes and dudettes and what are the last three suggestion for meets, a Golfing Day, a Crazy Golf Day and a Spa Day :-/

This is just not good enough ! I mean, what will visitors to the site think, that they have accidentally clicked on the local Young Conservatives or the Veterans Division of the YMCA ???

I mean, Golf, I’m sorry chaps, but that’s for old married men who are just desperate to escape their wives for most of the weekend and can’t find a better excuse - and they wear funny shoes :o

Crazy Golf needs no explanation as to who plays that :D and Spa day ? last time the ex Mrs Simpson’s said she fancied a back & shoulder massage and a facial, it ended up with her not speaking to me for a week 8-)

What we need is suggestions for proper things a biker gang (sorry club) can do, Kitten Throwing may be a big radical for some and obviously as they are only light you can throw them a really long way so it’s really an outside event and it’s a bit cold for that.

How about who can spit farthest or wee highest up a wall (thinking about this, it would need to be a handicapped event as Snowy would win easily) or Granny frightening or police taunting (no, not the place near Bridgwater) etc.

Over to you -

---------------------

Must go now as my broccoli and mushroom quiche is almost cooked and I need to pop my couscous out to drain.

G ;)

@bj
08-02-12, 01:29 AM
Yeah - agree with you & BB on the golf thing...

Saw a brilliant stand up routine by Billy Connolly on golf once - which went something like...

GOLF - don't even get me started on GOLF...

Couldn't find it on utube though...

The marine thing was a bit too much the other way - would have signed up for that - but - a little concerned about having a heart attack half way through...

Something inbetween perhaps..? I've yet to try paintballing... anyone..?

Squashed_Fly
08-02-12, 07:56 AM
Well, I can't golf, I'm not crazy and I don't look that great in a mankini/leopard print thong.

So kitten throwing sounds good to me. Shall we use the international dwarf tossing championship rules?

http://hereisthecity.com/2006/02/17/dwarf_tossing_the_ru/

Geordie Stu
08-02-12, 09:38 AM
Gerry..! Like your thinking on Kitten throwing, But not to anger the animal lovers on here perhaps you may like to consider Dwarf Tossing....!!!

http://youtu.be/bd-sfqzFdmk

KP
08-02-12, 09:44 AM
Dwarf tossing...... I can just see Basil sat there with a :) on his face now! :o

redken1
08-02-12, 09:45 AM
Gerry..! Like your thinking on Kitten throwing, But not to anger the animal lovers on here perhaps you may like to consider Dwarf Tossing....!!!

How low can you get Stu? :D

Jon_W
08-02-12, 09:54 AM

;D ;D ;D

Gerry
08-02-12, 11:55 AM

If you think I'm going to click an internet link called "Dwarf Tossing" you think wrong ;D
Sounds like something Greenman might have in his infamous video collection :-/

G ;)

Dabz
08-02-12, 12:45 PM
shall I just remove the "non-bike chat" section perhaps?

Gerry
08-02-12, 01:05 PM

If it's to only replace it with a Dwarf Tossing Section, then I would vote no, although obviously it does have some appeal to a minority of WB members :-)
There's no accounting for taste ;D

G

Dabz
08-02-12, 01:13 PM
you do realise that this thread is going to make us show up on google for 'dwarf tossing' - just imagine the sorts we're going to have joining up now! ;) ;D :D

Gerry
08-02-12, 01:16 PM
you do realise that this thread is going to make us show up on google for 'dwarf tossing' - just imagine the sorts we're going to have joining up now! ;) ;D :D

Tossers ?

;D

Kevinb
08-02-12, 01:25 PM
Dwarf throwing sounds good to me as with my height that means throwing anyone under 6 foot.
Throwing kittens also sounds good to me as I can't stand them. As I'm into recycling after we have thrown them we could eat them. Kitten Tikka anyone. ;D

Jon_W
08-02-12, 01:29 PM

If it's to only replace it with a Dwarf Tossing Section, then I would vote no, although obviously it does have some appeal to a minority of WB members :-)
There's no accounting for taste ;D

G

;D ;D ;D

How about "vertically challenged person tossing section"???

That seems more PC. :D

Roxy
08-02-12, 01:30 PM
What a great plan G...you set it up and I am sure you'll have an army of followers for the Dwarf or Kitten throwing comp. You could make it this years challenge rather than the knee down one! ;) ;D

Roxy xx

Jon_W
08-02-12, 01:32 PM
You have to post pictures of yorself tossing a dwarf or a kitten!!! :o ;D

Roxy
08-02-12, 01:34 PM

notice I said 'throwing' and not 'tossing' !! :o

Roxy x

Dabz
08-02-12, 02:15 PM
perhaps we should hire one for the summer party this year?

Geordie Stu
08-02-12, 02:23 PM
There are loads of sites hiring dwarfs, excuse the pun but looks like BIG business ;D ;D

DaytonaDog
08-02-12, 02:40 PM
You could always have a chat with Mike Tindall and some of this England rugby playing mates for some tips on dwarf throwing. Apparently they are rather adept at it, according to their performances in New Zealand during the rugby world cup. Certainly better at it than they were at playing rugby.

Jon_W
08-02-12, 03:00 PM

notice I said 'throwing' and not 'tossing' !! :o

Roxy x

;D ;D ;D

Swanny
08-02-12, 03:56 PM
Kitten Tikka anyone. ;D

Sounds tasty :)
Probably already tried it without knowing ;D

Beamer
08-02-12, 07:22 PM
I love the idea of watching a 'tossing' contest......there's certainly a few I can think of who would make excellent 'tossers'..............I'll go in for the pancake tossing contest lmfao......Im ace with a frying pan hehehe !!!!

While we're at it why dont we have an alternative olympics day lmao......oh what fun we could have..........wet sponge throwing, Water balloon 'shot put', 3 legged race (me and snowy lmfao) wheelbarrow race .......oh there's bound to be more........thinking caps on everyone.........

The way I look at it theres nothing wrong with a bit of diversity on the forum.......its the way of the future.........weirdo's and oddballs united I say !!!!

;D ::) :P :D :o 8-) :P :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mark_Able
08-02-12, 08:47 PM
I think cats are better than kittens. The longer tail makes for better leaverage=a further toss... :)

Gerry
09-02-12, 01:04 AM
I think cats are better than kittens. The longer tail makes for better leaverage=a further toss... :)

I think you make a good point there, although as cats are going to be heavier this would offset the better levererage gained.
I'll do some research as there must be an equation that takes weight ~ tail length into concideration somewhere.

Saying that, you would also get a better grip on a bigger tail and it would be less likely to come off in your hand, lifes so complicated sometimes :-/

G ;D

Jon_W
09-02-12, 08:17 AM

;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
09-02-12, 08:18 AM

I think you make a good point there, although as cats are going to be heavier this would offset the better levererage gained.
I'll do some research as there must be an equation that takes weight ~ tail length into concideration somewhere.

Saying that, you would also get a better grip on a bigger tail and it would be less likely to come off in your hand, lifes so complicated sometimes :-/

G ;D

Here you go G,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trajectory

Snowy
09-02-12, 09:47 AM
One of my cats has 6 claws on each foot (its a local inbred thing). She's a really cool cat and I'm sure could be trained to help matters whilst in flight. Due to the extra toe each of her paws are wider than normal so my thinking is that she could place all four out in a gliding position in a similar way that long jump skiers do. I'm sure the extra glide would enable her to travel that few extra feet and maybe make for a softer landing :D

Gerry
09-02-12, 09:47 AM
Many thanks Jon, this was very useful

--------------------
WIKIPEDIA The free encyclopaedia: Consider a particle of mass m, moving in a potential field V. Physically speaking, mass represents inertia, and the field V represents external forces, of a particular kind known as "conservative". That is, given V at every relevant position, there is a way to infer the associated force that would act at that position, say from gravity. Not all forces can be expressed in this way, however.
The motion of the particle is described by the second-order differential equation
dx(t) over dt2 = -V(x(t)) with x = (xyz)

In effect a ginger Tom would be better than a skinny Persian on a windy day.
On the right-hand side, the force is given in terms of , the gradient of the potential, taken at positions along the trajectory. This is the mathematical form of Newton's second law of motion: force equals mass times acceleration, for such situations.
-----------------------

G :)

Gerry
09-02-12, 09:54 AM
One of my cats has 6 claws on each foot (its a local inbred thing). She's a really cool cat and I'm sure could be trained to help matters whilst in flight. Due to the extra toe each of her paws are wider than normal so my thinking is that she could place all four out in a gliding position in a similar way that long jump skiers do. I'm sure the extra glide would enable her to travel that few extra feet and maybe make for a softer landing :D

Sorry to hear about your mutant cat Snowy, I think I've seen similar problems in the Trowbridge area, but only when people wear sandles & no socks in the summer :-/

Whilst I can understand your "gliding" theory, I'm not sure a more compact streamlined "missile" form wouldn't go further.
Do you think you may be able to train it to tuck it's legs and feet in behind it and stick it's chin out sort of Superman fashion in time for summer ?
Just a thought !

Roxy
09-02-12, 12:37 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D G, you never fail to make me laugh! ;D ;D ;D ;D

This thread just gets better and better! Keep up the good work A.G ;)

Roxy x

Snowy
09-02-12, 01:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your mutant cat Snowy, I think I've seen similar problems in the Trowbridge area, but only when people wear sandles & no socks in the summer :-/

Whilst I can understand your "gliding" theory, I'm not sure a more compact streamlined "missile" form wouldn't go further.
Do you think you may be able to train it to tuck it's legs and feet in behind it and stick it's chin out sort of Superman fashion in time for summer ?
Just a thought !

I still think gliding is the way forward in this sport. Obviously she needs to keep her tail as straight and as aerodynamic as possible but since I broke her tail as a kitten (purely an accident I hasten to add) she does have difficulty with the little kink halfway down.

Are we allowed any additional mechanical devices to be used? I'm thinking of putting webbing in her pawpits like those flying squirrels use to fly between trees in those jungle programmes I have watched on the telly.

Gerry
09-02-12, 01:12 PM

Just on an interesting and factual side note (which you will think I’m making up, but I’m not) as a lifelong Falconer (well Austringer to be exact - a trainer & hunter of Hawks, not Falcons) one of the best small hawking birds is the Sparrow Hawk. She weighs only about 10oz but can take down birds up to the size of a partridge or hen pheasant (the male or “Musket” is really tiny at about 6oz, so not really any use to Falconers).

Anyway… you usually hunt them from your fist using a dog to flush quarry, but there is a very old technique of throwing them to launch them for a quicker get away.
You hold them in your hand like a spear, head towards wrist, tail between thumb and finger and just throw them - hard !
The interesting thing is that when they get used to it, they don’t “fly” for the first few metres but keep their wings tightly tucked in to make the most of the speed they are doing and only start to fly as their speed drops off.
This is a bit like a falcon would do on a stoop and in the classic photo of a Peregrine stooping at a Grouse.

There’s also an advanced technique where you wrap a small piece of silk / cord over their head to give extra leverage, a bit like you may have seen a spear being thrown in Africa with the aid of a rope.

I’ve tried throwing a Spar in the past but never with any great success but never been brave enough to try the silk / cord method.

I’m sure you readers will think this is the usual Simpson crap , but if anybody fancies a small wager, I can dig out my old hawking books and prove it [smiley=thumbup.gif]

This educational post was brought to you today by the letter S. :)

Snowy
09-02-12, 01:15 PM
Oh, forgot to add - can I paint my cat red as its the fastest colour due to the lower friction co-efficient of the pigmentation molecules?

Roxy
09-02-12, 01:18 PM
Simpson - sounds like you are a bird geek along with your badges for being a supercar geek, karcher geek and in training to be a trackday geek! Rock and Roll dude. ;)

Roxy x

Gerry
09-02-12, 01:25 PM
Simpson - sounds like you are a bird geek along with your badges for being a supercar geek, karcher geek and in training to be a trackday geek! Rock and Roll dude. ;)
Roxy x

Why, thank you young K x - I've never been called a geek before !
No, not a "bird" geek, hunter first, Austringer second, there's nothing like rearing a chick, training it to fly free (and the hard bit, come back) and then when it's trained watching it fly over the moors in Caithness or the Wiltshire downs.
Saying that. it's a sport for masochists as you can walk for six hours in the freezing weather, have five flights that last for less than a minute and come home with a single rabbit or a pheasant to show for your efforts.

I miss it a lot.

G xxxx

Gerry
09-02-12, 01:27 PM
Oh, forgot to add - can I paint my cat red as its the fastest colour due to the lower friction co-efficient of the pigmentation molecules?

I like the way you have thrown yourself into this Snowy.
I think red may help, although don't paint over any holes you may find as it could lead to breathing difficulties ;)

G

Roxy
09-02-12, 01:30 PM
Saying that. it's a sport for masochists as you can walk for six hours in the freezing weather, have five flights that last for less than a minute and come home with a single rabbit or a pheasant to show for your efforts.

I miss it a lot.

G xxxx

Macho GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR for you! :-*

Roxy xxxx

redken1
09-02-12, 01:37 PM

I think red may help, although don't paint over any holes you may find as it could lead to breathing difficulties ;)

G

If you're tossing over pussies I think lack of breath could be an issue Gerry. :o ;D

Snowy
09-02-12, 01:45 PM

G

If you're tossing over pussies I think lack of breath could be an issue Gerry. :o ;D

Lack of oxygen would really be an issue as its important to keep the cats lungs inflated as that maintains the internal organs in the right place, ensures the correct ballast positions and therefore relative angle point in the wind for the best flight dynamics.

Jon_W
09-02-12, 02:15 PM
Shave the fur off.... that'll reduce wind resistance..... :P

redken1
09-02-12, 04:19 PM
Shave the fur off.... that'll reduce wind resistance..... :P

A shaven pussy? Can this thread go any lower? ;) :o ;D

Mark_Able
09-02-12, 08:56 PM
I think not just shaven, but maybe covered in latex as well. Works for cyclists, why not a pussy tosser? ;)

Mark_Able
09-02-12, 08:57 PM
Oh, and sellotape it's ears down... 8-)

Mark_Able
09-02-12, 08:58 PM
Oh, and sellotape it's ears down... 8-)

To reduce any unnecessary flapping in the breeze... :)

Swanny
09-02-12, 09:17 PM
Cover it in vaseline to further reduce friction and help it gain a little distance after touchdown :)

Gerry
09-02-12, 11:22 PM
Cover it in vaseline to further reduce friction and help it gain a little distance after touchdown :)

Don't go there Ken :-/

G ;D

Squashed_Fly
10-02-12, 08:02 AM
Something like this?

http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/shaved-cat-2.jpg

Morticia
17-02-12, 10:33 PM
I like granny frightening best, can we do that please??????????????????????? Could throw a cat to scare them, multitasking bikers! ;D