PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholic drinks to get weaker

Swanny
07-02-12, 07:09 PM
Alcoholic drinks to get weaker, says minister
Alcoholic drinks should be made weaker under in Britain under Government plans to tackle the "deadly problem” of binge-drinking, a health minister has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9067332/Alcoholic-drinks-to-get-weaker-says-minister.html

Grrr fecking nanny state keep your hands off our beer >:(

Dabz
07-02-12, 07:57 PM
Simple answer - home brew :D

FJ_Biker
07-02-12, 08:09 PM
Why not look at why people feel the need to binge drink, not fiddle at the edges.

Mikkie1986
07-02-12, 08:17 PM
What is this binge drinking you talk of?...Hick..... ;D

RedSoul
07-02-12, 10:35 PM
i think you are a so called binge drinker if you have more than three drinks in one sitting...........I never have more than three bottles of wine in one sitting so must be a responsible drinker ;D ;D ;D

redken1
08-02-12, 09:34 AM
i think you are a so called binge drinker if you have more than three drinks in one sitting...........I never have more than three bottles of wine in one sitting so must be a responsible drinker ;D ;D ;D

Me too, I'm a responsible drinker because I only touch the stuff twice a week...................once for three days and once for four days. ;) ;D ;D

Jon_W
08-02-12, 10:21 AM
Has happened before. Goverment make drink weaker, the brewers, distillers etc, find ways of making them stronger again.

Geordie Stu
08-02-12, 11:01 AM
It won't stop people drinking beer, lager, wine or spirits they'll just drink more of it. [smiley=beer.gif]

Swanny
08-02-12, 11:26 AM
Yea you'll have to drink more of it to get the nice pleasant buzz which means the government make more money on the tax. It's not about caring for us it's about making money.

I don't want to have to drink a gallon of beer on a lazy sunny afternoon and spend it in the loo having a waz every five mins :-/ I like to have a few beers and relax

Yea I reckon home brew is the way forward 8-)

wiltshire builders
09-02-12, 07:34 AM
as a nation We drink the same amount today as we did 100 years ago. Also read an article on the Queen the other day.
She has a glass of wine with lunch, a large g&t before dinner and a martini afterwards pretty much every day. Her alcohol consumption makes her a binge drinker :o

redken1
09-02-12, 11:33 AM
as a nation We drink the same amount today as we did 100 years ago. Also read an article on the Queen the other day.
She has a glass of wine with lunch, a large g&t before dinner and a martini afterwards pretty much every day. Her alcohol consumption makes her a binge drinker :o

Her hubby sounds p**sed-up all the time. :D ;D ;D ;D

dell_boy
18-02-12, 12:22 PM
booze cruise to calais,..sorted

Flying Half-Dutchman
20-02-12, 07:31 PM
Weaker drinks??? I'll just have to drink more to compensate. :D

redken1
20-02-12, 07:33 PM
Weaker drinks??? I'll just have to drink more to compensate. :D

Now there's a thought - pubs could start charging to use the toilet. lol :-? ::)

Forget it Stacy - don't go there :) ;D