PDA

View Full Version : Scaffold needed

Roxy
28-02-12, 05:24 PM
Dad is going to replace the guttering etc on my house and I just had a quote from a guy recommended by a neighbour and it was fecking ridiculous :o :o :o

I only want it for about 3-4 days. Anyone on here help? or will it be easier to just get a free standing tower from plant hire?

Thanks in advance

Roxy x

DaytonaDog
28-02-12, 05:46 PM
I think it would be easier and cheaper to get a free standing tower. Happy to come up and offer assistance if required (and not working etc etc)

redken1
28-02-12, 07:18 PM
Roxy, you would probably need two towers because it’s very difficult to replace it from one due to the length of the guttering and you need to set a string line. The other two things you need to consider is the working height and can you get access around your property with a tower. Sorry if I sound negative but, I’d hate for you to hire a tower and not be able to use it. Doubtless, your Dad has already given thought to the above.

Good luck anyway

Andybusa
28-02-12, 07:29 PM
Hi Roxy. Being in the building trade why don't you do what we all do when tendering for work.......................get 3 quotes from different firms! :)

wiltshire builders
28-02-12, 10:43 PM
Dad is going to replace the guttering etc on my house and I just had a quote from a guy recommended by a neighbour and it was fecking ridiculous :o :o :o

I only want it for about 3-4 days. Anyone on here help? or will it be easier to just get a free standing tower from plant hire?

Thanks in advance

Roxy x
I would expect to pay around £750-£900 for scaffold front and back, 2 lifts up on a 2-3 bed house.

2 towers would be around £180 with a stage board. If you've never put a tower up before i'd seriously consider biting the bullit and paying a professional to do the whole thing. It's very easy to get it wrong and 6 weeks off work with a broken leg will work out a lot more expensive.

How come it's going to take 3-4 days? Are you doing the facia amd soffit too?

Roxy
29-02-12, 08:25 AM
Yes we will be replacing the fascia and soffit too. It's all way past it's sell by date and the last outside job that needs doing on my total renovation! ;D

Roxy x

wiltshire builders
29-02-12, 01:35 PM
Yes we will be replacing the fascia and soffit too. It's all way past it's sell by date and the last outside job that needs doing on my total renovation! ;D

Roxy x
You deffinetly need some sturdy stuff then. Not sure if Travis Perkins in Bath does tool hire but you could try Brandon Hire. Explain what you're doing and what hight and they'll give you a plan to set up the towers. It can be tricky but just take your time and follow the instuctions.

Roxy
29-02-12, 01:44 PM
panic over!!

After chatting to the boys at my work I have discovered that we actually have a tower in the workshop I can have! Just need to speak to our sister company and borrow a roof ladder so Dad can check the chimney stack while he's up there!

Thanks for replies though guys!

Roxy x