PDA

View Full Version : Spa day/weekend

Lou
07-02-12, 08:40 PM
As the WB Guys are planning a Golf day ( I, for one, cannot get the balls to go in the right direction) why don't us girls (or anyone) plan a spa day/weekend, I have never been to a spa but would love to go and I could do with a bit of pampering..anyone up for this idea?. :)

Jacde
07-02-12, 08:45 PM
me me me me me meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Green Man
07-02-12, 08:47 PM
As a non golfer and would like to support a Wiltshire bikers event so i’m up for this Mankini sorted Lol :( :( :( :(

Lou
07-02-12, 09:24 PM
Colin and a mankini..now I would love to see that ;)

Snowy
07-02-12, 09:49 PM
ohhhh thank god I don't play golf ;D

Ducatista
07-02-12, 10:20 PM
Would love to go.
Aqua Sana at Longleat would be great
(current price is £49 for the express spa day on a Sunday before end of Feb)

Sapphire
07-02-12, 10:21 PM
ooh yes, I love going to Spas... count me in... if i;m not already doing something... this years diary is getting busy already!!

[smiley=bath.gif]

Snowy
07-02-12, 10:30 PM
and there's me thinking this was a bike trip to have a go at Au Rouge....... :D

Lou
07-02-12, 10:39 PM
Spa trip it is then...Bath is looking good..with Snowy and Colin in their mankini's,,, what could be better than that! ;)

Green Man
07-02-12, 10:45 PM
Lou i also have Leopard Print Speedos :P :P

KP
07-02-12, 11:03 PM
Could combine the two golf & spa for the ladies, please book Dabz in for the spa ;D ;D

Green Man
07-02-12, 11:07 PM
Now Dabz in a Mankini ???? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Hazel-nut
07-02-12, 11:12 PM
I've never been for a spa day but have always fancied it so I'm in (as long as I'm not working)

Swanny
08-02-12, 12:53 AM
Oops sorry I thought this was a thread about the racing track Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium :-?

Sapphire
08-02-12, 01:15 AM
Oops sorry I thought this was a thread about the racing track Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium :-?

nope!! Its about Saunas. jacuzzis, body treatments and Green Man in leopard print speedos!! :o

Lou
08-02-12, 07:19 AM
I will look into prices etc today and have a look at Longleat to see if we can get a group discount :)

Squashed_Fly
08-02-12, 07:53 AM
Now Dabz in a Mankini ???? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

I'm sure this was suggested before the Cornwall trip last year.... And Dabz said firmly NO!

He must be going soft in his old age! ;D

Bonnielass
08-02-12, 08:44 AM
I'd be up for this, love the Aqua Sana at Longleat, never been to the Bath one.

Ducatista
08-02-12, 09:46 AM
The bath spa is very nice and the treatments are lovely (not cheap). The pool on the roof is great in the right conditions. You can get there by public transport and there are loads of restaurants, shops and bars neaaby.

On the downside, you get a time limited session and it can be quite busy especially on a weekend. It can feel a bit more like a public swimming pool than a luxury spa at busy times.
The other downside is that it's on 3 floors so you either need to walk up some stone steps which is quite cold, or get in a lift crammed full of dripping wet people in swimming costumes. It's very strange having your body pressed up against a stranger in this situation and some people are in there in just trunks.

For me the bath spa doesn't have the exclusivity and tranquility that you'd get at other places.

There is another place in Trowbridge called Fieldways.
That would be good in the sense that we could probably have the whole place to ourselves and they cater for girlie groups, however it doesn't have the facilities of the big spas, which is fine if you all want to chat, but not so great if you want a selection of steam/salt/ice rooms etc.

So it all comes down to what you are looking for.

Swanny
08-02-12, 11:27 AM

nope!! Its about Saunas. jacuzzis, body treatments and Green Man in leopard print speedos!! :o

Ok my mistake. Can someone direct me to the thread for petrol heads please :D

Swanny
08-02-12, 11:43 AM
Forget Bath this looks like a proper mud spa to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KAcSoQ0GgI

El Totumo Volcano (Volcán de Lodo El Totumo) is an active mud volcano located near Cartagena Colombia. It's great for a mud bath and natural spa treatment.

I wonder how long the waiting list is for a job rubbing the mud in is :D

Geordie Stu
08-02-12, 11:54 AM
Spa. ;D ;D

Jon_W
08-02-12, 01:02 PM
;D ;D ;D

wiltshire builders
08-02-12, 01:16 PM
Just thought i'd stick my oar in. The aqua sana @ centre parcs is out of this world. I took a young lady last week and had an amazing time. Full day for 2 was £70.
Bath spa is very disappointing. The rooftop pool is great but there are only 4 saunas and they're very basic. My gym has better facilities.
Go to Longleat, it's worth every penny and you get to use the pool and slides too!

Lou
08-02-12, 02:29 PM
Thank you, I have looked on their website and it does look really good, cheapest I could find thou was £49 per person. :(

Ducatista
08-02-12, 04:47 PM
Cheapest is £26 for a 2 hour session at Bath with no treatments.

There is the option of £40 day at Fieldways including lunch plus 1 treatment. It does have jacuzzi and sauna and places you can relax but does not have the facilities of the bigger spas.

I'd vote for Aqua Sana.

Perhaps you should do a poll Lou.

Lou
08-02-12, 06:12 PM
Yep reckon its gonna be the Aqua Sana, that looks like the best place..lets start a list ( I like lists} then I will phone them and use my charm and wit (lol) to try and get a discount.

Lou

Green Man
08-02-12, 06:32 PM
1. Coleen

Jacde
08-02-12, 06:38 PM
I'll stick (another very quick as I'm at work) oar in too, there is Le Spa just outside Cirencester that often have 2 for one offers and there is also the Four Pillars in South Cerney that I've heard good things about, will try and get more info, but as I'm on days will most probably not be posted till Friday evening/Saturday.

Jacde
08-02-12, 06:39 PM
1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline :)

Ducatista
08-02-12, 06:55 PM
1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline
3. Lisa W

Hazel-nut
08-02-12, 08:39 PM
1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline
3. Lisa W
4. Hazel-nut (assuming I can get the day off work)

Lou
08-02-12, 09:03 PM
1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline
3. Lisa W
5. err me !! lol :)

Posh_Jo
08-02-12, 09:25 PM
I'll stick (another very quick as I'm at work) oar in too, there is Le Spa just outside Cirencester that often have 2 for one offers and there is also the Four Pillars in South Cerney that I've heard good things about, will try and get more info, but as I'm on days will most probably not be posted till Friday evening/Saturday.

Just to say La Spa went into adminstration last year. A Friend of mine had her hen day booked there and lost alot of money :( :( .

Ade
08-02-12, 09:38 PM
I've never been for a spa day but have always fancied it so I'm in (as long as I'm not working)
... or caddying !!!!!! ;D

Sapphire
08-02-12, 09:48 PM
I'm in at the moment but it depends on the dates too.. might be away!

1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline
3. Lisa W
5. err me !! lol
6. Lisa C

Jon_W
09-02-12, 08:21 AM
... or caddying !!!!!! ;D
;D ;D ;D

I don't think that will happen......

Ducatista
11-02-12, 08:54 AM
I am going to Aqua Sana tomorrow.
I understand that if you use the spa then you can still use al the slides/rapids in the other swimming pool for free.

Hazel-nut
11-02-12, 10:53 AM
I am going to Aqua Sana tomorrow.
I understand that if you use the spa then you can still use al the slides/rapids in the other swimming pool for free.

that is true although it is the complete opposite end of the site to the aqua sana :P

Bonnielass
11-02-12, 03:20 PM
1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline
3. Lisa W
5. err me !! lol
6. Lisa C
7. Bonnielass

Ducatista
13-02-12, 02:12 PM
Had an absolutely cracking day at Aqua sana yesterday.
The facilities are really good at the spa can't speak too highly of them. They had a fish pedicure (normally £20 for 20 minutes).
The only downside was that the restaurants appear to be a rip-off. We went to the Indian. £100 for 4 of us for what was similar to microwave meals. We would normally pay less for better food so I'd suggest getting in the car(s) and going somewhere else to eat.

Dabz
13-02-12, 02:28 PM
hmm weird, when I've eaten in the indian before it's been absolutely amazing - same for the other restaurants on site. Bound to be more expensive than the high street because they're feeding a captive audience..but quality has always been top notch when I've been

Ducatista
13-02-12, 10:18 PM
when I've eaten in the indian before it's been absolutely amazing

Oh well, it's just an opinion, I'm happy to go along with whatever everyone else wants.
We normally spend about £75 for 4 and this was £100 so 33% more expensive for us.

Bound to be more expensive

I'm not bothered about the cost, but always with a group we need to be a little mindful that some people may be on a tight budget.
But hey - happy to go along with what everyone else wants.

The spa facilities are second to none locally and I can't speak too highly of them.

Morticia
17-02-12, 10:35 PM
Colin and a mankini..now I would love to see that ;)

I wouldn't!!!!!!!!!!

Morticia
17-02-12, 10:39 PM
Just thought i'd stick my oar in. The aqua sana @ centre parcs is out of this world. I took a young lady last week and had an amazing time. Full day for 2 was £70.
Bath spa is very disappointing. The rooftop pool is great but there are only 4 saunas and they're very basic. My gym has better facilities.
Go to Longleat, it's worth every penny and you get to use the pool and slides too!

Slides, you say? I'm in!

Morticia
17-02-12, 10:43 PM
1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline
3. Lisa W
5. err me !! lol
6. Lisa C
7. Bonnielass
8. Mort.

Ducatista
18-02-12, 08:43 AM
Slides, you say? I'm in!

Just FYI, the sub-tropical swimming pool (with slides/rapids) is at the opposite end of the park from Aqua sana (but use of it is free).

The web site states the walking time is 20 minutes, I am told by two fit friends that this is optimistic.
There is a "land train" that goes around the site. It's a circular route, so one way goes direct and other way it will wind it's way around the site/villas.
It may be quicker to walk.

I'm not knocking it cos it's free, but just letting you know that you'll have to get dressed up to go outside rather than wandering there in your gown and of course allow time for the trip there and back.

Hazel-nut
18-02-12, 01:12 PM
I doubt it's a 20 minute walk as its all up hill from the aqua sana!

Ducatista
18-02-12, 04:46 PM
Yep my friends said the same, but that's what they quote on their site.
We never went because we would have had to get fully dressed and allow an hour just for getting there and back, but I guess it depends on what you want to do. We were quite happy to spend all day in the spa.

bubblylittleme
19-02-12, 09:06 AM
so when is this?
just read through it all and not come across a date

Morticia
29-02-12, 07:19 PM
Hmmm, not sure I'm a spa kinda gal...specially not without slides :'(

Sapphire
07-03-12, 07:25 PM
Are we all still interested in this ladies? Should we make a date soon seeing seeing as diaries are filling up!! ?

1. Coleen
2. Jacqueline
3. Lisa W
5. err me !! lol
6. Lisa C
7. Bonnielass
8. Mort.

wiltshire builders
07-03-12, 08:03 PM
Hope you don't mind me butting in (again)
It is a long trek from one to the other so I always take my bike with me and cycle.
Also you'd be better going to the pool first that way you'll be going home fresh and revitalised from the spa and not smelling of chlorine and wee from the pool.
The pool is great, but after 45mins you'll have had enough anyway leaving you the rest of the time to relax in the spa.

Sapphire
07-03-12, 09:16 PM
Also you'd be better going to the pool first that way you'll be going home fresh and revitalised from the spa and not smelling of chlorine and wee from the pool.

Now you've put me off that pool... :-/ I've never smelt of wee coming out of a chlorinated pool before!! :o