PDA

View Full Version : Mobile speed traps

GingerWizard86
28-02-12, 04:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a thought...

Can a mobile speed trap clock a bike if the bike is travelling towards the camera seeing as there in no front facing number plate?

I wasn't massively over, think between 5 and 10 mph over the 50 limit on the Batheaston bypass :-/

There was traffic in the inside lane and I was going to go for the overtake.

Ducatista
28-02-12, 05:00 PM
Well logic should tell you that by and large there is no way to identify a bike from the front.

If you were 5-10 over on you're speedo I wouldn't worry too much.
Most of them over read.

wiltshire builders
28-02-12, 05:05 PM
Was this monday morning? I saw that b'stard on my way home around 7 ish. You should be fine also keep in mind that your speedo is out by around 10% and they give you a 10% grace too.

2 gatsos and a mobile van on a duel carriage way with a central barrier and no fatalities in the 15 years it's been there. :-?

Wes
28-02-12, 05:54 PM
You should be fine mate, cant identify you from the front anyway, and the legal bit is 10% +2 applied to all limits ;)

Andybusa
28-02-12, 07:41 PM
Your stuffed mate!! Now I have your details I can inform the law enforcer ;D.............................and pigs might fly!! I think you will definitely be ok so don't worry bout it!

Mark_Able
28-02-12, 08:07 PM
They're always on the Batheaston bypass (twats). As commented earlier, 'tis a dual carriageway, with a central reservation, no serious hazards, and no serious accidents. PIGGY BANK... >:(

goz1960
28-02-12, 08:49 PM
Your stuffed mate!! Now I have your details I can inform the law enforcer ;D.............................and pigs might fly!! I think you will definitely be ok so don't worry bout it!

Good one

You should be o/k.

Moo
28-02-12, 09:26 PM
Sorry to dissapoint but you can be done by a camera van in such circumstances as I was on the Frome Bypass. Not quite sure how they do it but it can be done.

Toph
28-02-12, 09:31 PM
They're always on the Batheaston bypass (twats). As commented earlier, 'tis a dual carriageway, with a central reservation, no serious hazards, and no serious accidents. PIGGY BANK... >:(
This really cheeses me off. I saw that van parked facing Bathford, in the layby opposite the gatso.
It's a dual carriageway with a central reservation and the speed limit is 50mph. :o :o
Usually the speed limit for a dual carriageway with a central reservation is (so you taught me Mark!!) 70mph.
Anyone following a lorry or slow moving vehicle, wishing to overtake it before the hill leading up to the motorway is stuffed, if the lorry is doing 50mph.
IMHO, this mobile camera isn't about safety, it's about revenue raising. (allegedly!! lol.. )

Thorkill_The_Tall
28-02-12, 10:11 PM
Wiltshire police allow + 10% and another 2mph before they bother to give you a ticket. Anything under 57 in a 50 and you should be ok.
However, this 10% + 2 is not written in stone and is not universally observed by all U.K police forces.
Batheaston by-pass is under the control of Avon & Somerset police, who might not necessarily allow the extra leaway.

Mitch9128
28-02-12, 10:11 PM
Google Lti 20-20, they clock you coming or swing round and get you going, it cosy me £550 to find that out :(

Swanny
28-02-12, 10:24 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=996547&mid=105161&nmt=LTI+20% 2F20+thwarted+again.

They aren't very accurate

GingerWizard86
29-02-12, 08:58 AM
To be fair - I should have known better...

It's me own fault if I do get one - There was a lot of other traffic on the outside lane so hoping I may have been hidden.

I thought they had to make it obvious that they are there... They were hiding behind the bridge upright and the sign.

Guess I'll just sweat it out for the next 2 weeks...

Squashed_Fly
29-02-12, 10:31 AM
Newsflash: no plate on the front, but they have a picture of you in your leathers speeding from the front. A quick glance at your plate as you go past gives them enough info to pnc you. Now they have the power to enter your home and take your bike and leathers as evidence if they feel they have a good id and you don't play ball. They don't need your plate in the picture to send you a ticket. And by law now, you have to identify yourself if its you riding. You can lie, but if they investigate further and get enough evidence, the fact you lied will make it worse. There are examples of this happening with successful convictions....

Jon_W
29-02-12, 10:50 AM
I was told that what they tend to do is if they catch the same bike several times, they send a car out to wait for the bike and pull it the old fashoned way.

Agreed about the Batheaston Bypass..... is a pain in the ar5e!

redken1
29-02-12, 06:50 PM
Newsflash: no plate on the front, but they have a picture of you in your leathers speeding from the front. A quick glance at your plate as you go past gives them enough info to pnc you. Now they have the power to enter your home and take your bike and leathers as evidence if they feel they have a good id and you don't play ball. They don't need your plate in the picture to send you a ticket. And by law now, you have to identify yourself if its you riding. You can lie, but if they investigate further and get enough evidence, the fact you lied will make it worse. There are examples of this happening with successful convictions....

Former energy secretary, millionaire Chris Huhne will receive a £17,000 tax-free payoff after quitting the Cabinet to fight charges of perverting the course of justice.

It is alleged that his then wife Vicky Pryce accepted responsibility for a speeding offence in Essex in order to spare him penalty points on his licence.

Don’t think this guy got his car seized at the time and if found guilty of the alleged offence, will he be forced to pay back his severance pay?
;)

wiltshire builders
29-02-12, 07:15 PM

The number you used in arse is not the regulation font and the straight bit isn't straight enough. 3 points and £60 fine i'm afraid ;D

Loops
29-02-12, 07:30 PM
I got caught by that van on the A4 :( I'm now £80 poorer (but at least A&S constabulary are not £80 richer - I got the offer of a speed course instead so no points either)

It's been there once a week for the past couple of months...

Wes
29-02-12, 07:31 PM
A speedo indicated 60 is only around 54 at most, if you are that worried take out a satnav and check it out, personally GW i wouldn't be worried.

Rabb
29-02-12, 08:09 PM
I was done driving a car along the A4 - nine years ago.
72 in a 50mph zone - fair cop - 3 points / £60 fine
Gutted.

DaytonaDog
29-02-12, 08:20 PM
Newsflash: no plate on the front, but they have a picture of you in your leathers speeding from the front. A quick glance at your plate as you go past gives them enough info to pnc you. Now they have the power to enter your home and take your bike and leathers as evidence if they feel they have a good id and you don't play ball. ....

With all due respect, you are talking rubbish.

There are basically three occasions when the police can enter your home and seize evidence. Firstly where a warrant has been issued by a magistrate, secondly either a section 32 PACE or Section 18 PACE search, which can only be conducted after a person has been arrested for an either way offence, i.e. an offence that could be tried in a crown court. Speeding is a summary only offence, therefore a warrant would not be irelevant, nor would you be able to do a section 32 or 18 search, especially as you wouldn't be under arrest either so the power to enter a premises does not exist.

If the police have captured/noted the registration plate, then a form would be sent to the registered keeper requesting details of the name and address of the driver/rider at the time of the specific offence. At the same time a notice of intended prosecution would be sent (this has to be sent within 14 days).

There are occasion where the police have entered a home to seize motorcycles/leathers/evidence but these would be for much more serious offences, i.e. dangerous driving etc etc.

Toph
29-02-12, 09:33 PM
SF talking rubbish... never! lol ;D ;D

GingerWizard86
29-02-12, 11:23 PM
Just opened the mail and found a brown envelope - my hear sank...

Thought that was bleedin quick...

Turns out it was just my European health card for my tour in summer.

hahaha

Squashed_Fly
01-03-12, 07:45 AM
Newsflash: no plate on the front, but they have a picture of you in your leathers speeding from the front. A quick glance at your plate as you go past gives them enough info to pnc you. Now they have the power to enter your home and take your bike and leathers as evidence if they feel they have a good id and you don't play ball. ....

There are basically three occasions when the police can enter your home and seize evidence. Firstly where a warrant has been issued by a magistrate

I'm aware of your job, but I'm pretty sure, it's not beyond the wit of a police office to gain a warrant to search for evidence in a crime, if they have a picture of the defendant, and have a plate ID with his address? Obviously they can't 'just enter', but if they get a warrant then they can?

There was a huge article in the bike press about this a couple of years ago, with succesful convictions being obtained for a number of riders who had 'colourful' leather, as the bikers in question had refused to admit it was them riding and accept the points/fine.

I'm on way out in a minute, but I'll see if I can find the article online later on...

Squashed_Fly
01-03-12, 07:54 AM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/02/29/biker-caught-on-camera-at-84mph-in-a-30mph-zone-is-jailed-91466-30431809/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2009/August/aug2709-bikers-caught-by-front-facing-cameras/_/R-EPI-117975

These 2 are stories I could find quickly. doesn't necessily prove my point, but it doesn;t take a genius to work out that if they want you, and you've been a nuisance, and they think that by getting a warrant and IDing your bike/leathers, then they will do.

Of course this isn't likely to happen for doing 34 in a 30, but it doesn't mean it can't.... If you've been gobby with them, and they want to make a point, then there's every chance they can. In one of those stories, they not only came to the house, but also went to the lengths of investigating his ebay account!

Gerry
01-03-12, 08:01 AM
Dear DaytonaDog, just a quick question related to the above.

Is “being a know-it-all” an arrestable offence, and does it give the police the powers to enter your home, take you away (careful on those stairs sir) and lock you (SF) up for good, if so I may be going to turn into a Supergrass ;)

G :)

Jon_W
01-03-12, 08:08 AM

The number you used in arse is not the regulation font and the straight bit isn't straight enough. 3 points and £60 fine i'm afraid ;D

That's a pre 2001 5, is in a sans serif font and at the correct spacing....

;D :D :P

goz1960
01-03-12, 08:11 AM
I think I was caught on one on the way home from work last night. They were in an area that you would not expect, 5 to 6 hundred yards of a roundabout. In an area that I have never seen an accident or heard of one and I travel up the same bit of road every day. :(

Crosbie
01-03-12, 09:27 AM
Check the road accident statistics for the areas you think you have been caught and have a little read up on the rules and regs of positioning of speed cameras.

I thought mobile or static cameras could only be positioned on raods that have been 'accident black spots' (something to do with cameras only being there to improve raod safety). Well surely if there has not been an accident or an accident proven to be not related to speed ie driving without due care and attention etc then there isnt justification for having a camera there to improve safety? Especially when they have been there since day one of the road opening 'cough batheaston bypass cough' :-? Makes sense to me. Does any one else know?

goz1960
01-03-12, 09:37 AM
Check the road accident statistics for the areas you think you have been caught and have a little read up on the rules and regs of positioning of speed cameras.

I thought mobile or static cameras could only be positioned on raods that have been 'accident black spots' (something to do with cameras only being there to improve raod safety). Well surely if there has not been an accident or an accident proven to be not related to speed ie driving without due care and attention etc then there isnt justification for having a camera there to improve safety? Especially when they have been there since day one of the road opening 'cough batheaston bypass cough' :-? Makes sense to me. Does any one else know?

I thought the same as you.

Snowy
01-03-12, 10:13 AM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/02/29/biker-caught-on-camera-at-84mph-in-a-30mph-zone-is-jailed-91466-30431809/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2009/August/aug2709-bikers-caught-by-front-facing-cameras/_/R-EPI-117975

These 2 are stories I could find quickly. doesn't necessily prove my point, but it doesn;t take a genius to work out that if they want you, and you've been a nuisance, and they think that by getting a warrant and IDing your bike/leathers, then they will do.

Of course this isn't likely to happen for doing 34 in a 30, but it doesn't mean it can't.... If you've been gobby with them, and they want to make a point, then there's every chance they can. In one of those stories, they not only came to the house, but also went to the lengths of investigating his ebay account!

Shall I, shan't I, shall I, shan't I?

No, must not...must not....must not go there...........

Control....control....control.........self control..........

Phew, got to 10, now calm and nicely relaxed, moving onwards and upwards ;D ;D ;D

Chappers
01-03-12, 10:30 AM
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

RedSoul
01-03-12, 02:50 PM

Shall I, shan't I, shall I, shan't I?

No, must not...must not....must not go there...........

Control....control....control.........self control..........

Phew, got to 10, now calm and nicely relaxed, moving onwards and upwards ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

speedy
01-03-12, 04:07 PM
i was caught in 2003 going towards the van they got a picture of my bike must of had a camera facing out front of van.lets hope things have changed now.

DaytonaDog
01-03-12, 09:49 PM

There are basically three occasions when the police can enter your home and seize evidence. Firstly where a warrant has been issued by a magistrate

I'm aware of your job, but I'm pretty sure, it's not beyond the wit of a police office to gain a warrant to search for evidence in a crime, if they have a picture of the defendant, and have a plate ID with his address? Obviously they can't 'just enter', but if they get a warrant then they can?

My apologies if I didn't make it clear in my post regarding police powers of entry to seize evidence......you are very correct, it is not beyond the wit of a police office to gain a warrant to search for evidence in a crime, even me, however even the best officers cannot obtain a warrant if the legislation does not exist for them to do so. I'll try to explain it again.

The obtaining of a warrant is governed by Section 8 of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and sets out a number of criteria that have to be met before a magistrate will grant a warrant. The relevant criteria in relation to this discussion is that a police officer has to have reasonable grounds to believe that an indictable offence has been committed. The offence of driving with excess speed is classed as a summary only offence. Therefore a police officer cannot obtain a warrant if the offence that is being investigated is one of excess speed. Hopefully that clears that one up.

In relation to the two articles, i'm not going to go into huge detail as its going off topic, but on the first one I note that the rider was also charged with perverting the course of justice as a result of lying about selling the bike. I suspect that he was arrested for that offence and that would have given the officers the power to search his house and seize evidence as perverting the course of justice is an indictable offence. He has provided a defence/alibi and it is the duty of the police to prove/disprove that alibi. The onus is on the prosecution to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty. If they had gone to court without checking out the alibi any decent defence solicitor would have had a field day ripping the investigation to shreds. The second article makes no mention of a warrant or evidence being seized and all the matching up/identification of the leathers was done once he was eventually stopped on the street, and he was interviewed at the same time. It has nothing to do with being pissed off, someone being gobby, etc etc and is just gathering evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt.......i.e an investigation.

Sorry for going off topic.

Toph
01-03-12, 10:25 PM
http://www.maximumbikes.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/popcorn.gif
Over to you SF..

http://www.maximumbikes.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/deal.gif

;D

Squashed_Fly
02-03-12, 08:45 AM
No, it's fine. DD is right. I'm sure all police are saints, and none of them have ever done things not by the book when they need to hit targets etc. I can't imagine them ever even doing things like letting their own kind off MAJOR speeding offences, while doing ordinary citizens for minor ones....

Come on folks - lets not be naieve here. Yes, I'm sure there are rules in place, and certain criteria have to be met. However if it were my personal license at stake, I'd not want to take the risk of speeding past a forward facing camera safe in the knowledge that there's nothing they can do about it...

If you guys want to do that, then be my guest :)

If that makes me a know it all, smart arse, whatever else you want to call me, then fine. But if I spot a mobile speed trap in the distance, I will be slowing down and not taking the chance if it's all the same to you!

Jon_W
02-03-12, 08:58 AM
Over to you SF..

;D

;D ;D ;D

Must be the SF hunting season again!!!!!

Snowy
02-03-12, 09:10 AM
No, it's fine. DD is right. I'm sure all police are saints, and none of them have ever done things not by the book when they need to hit targets etc. I can't imagine them ever even doing things like letting their own kind off MAJOR speeding offences, while doing ordinary citizens for minor ones....

Come on folks - lets not be naieve here. Yes, I'm sure there are rules in place, and certain criteria have to be met. However if it were my personal license at stake, I'd not want to take the risk of speeding past a forward facing camera safe in the knowledge that there's nothing they can do about it...

If you guys want to do that, then be my guest :)

If that makes me a know it all, smart arse, whatever else you want to call me, then fine. But if I spot a mobile speed trap in the distance, I will be slowing down and not taking the chance if it's all the same to you!

You are entitled to your opinion just as everyone else is - I don't support or agree with you for what its worth. But you have changed the tangent of your argument again. DD was pointing out to you the law in terms of the police gaining warrants to enter homes to gain evidence in a criminal investigation. You had said the police can do this if they believe you have sped through a forward facing speed trap and therefore couldn't log your plate. I think he was very very clear in correcting you in this regard and the law regarding speeding versus more serious allegations such as dangerous driving.

However, your new post has moved onto the general point of whether you should avoid speeding through a speed camera or not. That's not what DD was answering. I think its a no brainer myself but thats just me maybe. If you speed and get caught it's your own fault no one elses. I think you have added that into your argument because no one is going to say its wrong to slow down if you spot a camera. But that wasn't what DD was answering. As already pointed out, there are ways and means of identifying bikers (or anyone else for that matter) other than by their plates if they have broken the law, but gaining a warrant to search their house on the simple grounds of speeding isn't one of them. Again, I think DD was very clear in stating when this can and can't be done.

Squashed_Fly
02-03-12, 09:10 AM
Over to you SF..

;D

;D ;D ;D

I've got that in my diary as not starting until after my wedding. Think April 16th is official hunting start date... ;)

Squashed_Fly
02-03-12, 09:15 AM
Snowy - you're absolutely right. And maybe technically they can't do anything. But the initial question was 'can you be indentified'. The answer is yes, and whether by wholly ethical means or not, bikers have been arrested and had their homes searched and biking property siezed in order to identify them.

If people want to trust that every police office wouldn't do anything outside his/her remit, then by all means do so. But based on the many stories I've read in the press, I would rather err on the side of caution.

Hope that's cleared up my argument. Now, let's all be friends again! :-* :-* :-*

Snowy
02-03-12, 09:31 AM
Snowy - you're absolutely right. And maybe technically they can't do anything. But the initial question was 'can you be indentified'. The answer is yes, and whether by wholly ethical means or not, bikers have been arrested and had their homes searched and biking property siezed in order to identify them.

If people want to trust that every police office wouldn't do anything outside his/her remit, then by all means do so. But based on the many stories I've read in the press, I would rather err on the side of caution.

Hope that's cleared up my argument. Now, let's all be friends again! :-* :-* :-*

Sorry SF but you can't just go ahead and make another glib (and may I say sarcastic) statement and then try and leave it hanging in the air without reply. Can you show any evidence that these bikers you refer to have been arrested and had their homes searched because they were captured by a speed camera? You keep making this point but where's the actual evidence? None of the articles I have ever read imply that at all, the real incidents were for different offences or they were arrested whilst outside of their home. I think you need to apply a little common sense when reading sensationalist journalism. I prefer to base my opinions on my own experiences rather than those of bored underpaid journos from MCN and the likes.

Squashed_Fly
02-03-12, 09:39 AM
Well I guess ultimately it bois down to a trust issue.

Do I trust the police implicitly to never do anything above and beyond completely legal boundaries in order to gain a result?

No.

And that may be wrong of me to base that on the media scandals that have taken place, but in the light of the NOTW going under because of police 'assistance' in the hacking scandals, the numerous articles both in MCN and the normal media about police using underhand tactics to catch people speeding, the fact that a polic chief was let off scot free with a massive speeding crime by his own people as well as lots of other articles in the past 29 years of my relatively short life.

They may well all be lies, and all police may be whiter than white people who would never break the law, and I should base that on my own experience only. But I'm not going to...

How many times have people on this forum slagged off the police for one reason or another. Yet as soon as it's me who is suggesting they may use means not supposed to be at their disposal to catch us, suddely everyone is on the side of the police or anyone on here who disagrees with me...

Snowy
02-03-12, 09:57 AM
There are bad apples in every profession, yours and mine included. But you are making a sweeping generalised statement about the police whilst trying to make a point about a very specific legal issue of warrants. In order to make a rationalised argument you need to focus on the actual point under discussion and not widen it out to cover every single aspect under the sun which will only confuse the issue.

I don't think every police officer is whiter than white. But there are more of them that are than you find in most other walks of life.

And you are also wrong - you are not the only one on this forum to have ended up in a debate about the police. Far from it.

Mikkie1986
02-03-12, 09:58 AM
jUST KEEP DIGGING... jUST KEEP DIGGING.... :P

Jon_W
02-03-12, 10:28 AM
Over to you SF..

;D

;D ;D ;D

I've got that in my diary as not starting until after my wedding. Think April 16th is official hunting start date... ;)

I thought it was the start of spring????

Don't want to shoot an SF out of season!!!!!!

Squashed_Fly
02-03-12, 11:39 AM
Lol, do you know the funny thing though Jon?

I thought was alays me that was the heart of all these dramas. Then I deliberately kept very quiet for a number of months, without saying much, and the same people that always crop up in these threads to try and 'disprove' me, or call me an idiot, were still involved in other 'hot topics' that I was nothig to do with. I actually mentioned it to Dabz as I thought it was quite interesting and he had noticed also that I'd been quiet during those other 'debates' and yet they still went on.

Just goes to show I guess, if you're outspoken, you will be whether I'm there to take pot shots at or not....

Jon_W
02-03-12, 12:14 PM
True.

Is funny. I do occasionally think that a loss of perspective occours, hence the piss taking.

Life would be damend dull if we all agreed with each other.

Carry on SF!

:)

Snowy
02-03-12, 12:17 PM

I thought was alays me that was the heart of all these dramas. Then I deliberately kept very quiet for a number of months, without saying much, and the same people that always crop up in these threads to try and 'disprove' me, or call me an idiot, were still involved in other 'hot topics' that I was nothig to do with. I actually mentioned it to Dabz as I thought it was quite interesting and he had noticed also that I'd been quiet during those other 'debates' and yet they still went on.

Just goes to show I guess, if you're outspoken, you will be whether I'm there to take pot shots at or not....

Nice to know we can have healthy debates without you SF. At least you can be happy then that you're not being singled out or picked on.

So you are aware, something that has also been discussed "off forum", is the necessity for balance when contentious issues or bad information is posted on the forum. Nothing to do with the Moderators I hasten to add.

Dabz
02-03-12, 12:23 PM
how did I get dragged in to this?

Now I'm here tho - it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that a 'bent' police officer could get a warrant to search someone's house after a speeding offence (which is my interpretation of what SF has said, having skim-read this whole thread in 2 mins flat).

DD - thanks for the 'expert view' - actually very interesting to read the process and should remind us all that the police force is rule-based and designed in the interests of public fairness and protection. Sucks to get caught speeding (I'd imagine..) but then nobody else makes the bike go at the speed its going but you

Snowy
02-03-12, 12:44 PM

Because you had noticed how quiet SF had been recently and that you also noted how the forum had continued as normal without him ;D ;D

Jon_W
02-03-12, 01:40 PM

Because you had noticed how quiet SF had been recently and that you also noted how the forum had continued as normal without him ;D ;D

Normal????? ;D

Please define normal.....

Snowy
02-03-12, 01:43 PM

Normal????? ;D

Please define normal.....

OK, I will rephrase...how about peaceful and harmonious ;)

Gerry
02-03-12, 01:46 PM

I thought was alays me that was the heart of all these dramas. Then I deliberately kept very quiet for a number of months, without saying much, and the same people that always crop up in these threads to try and 'disprove' me, or call me an idiot, were still involved in other 'hot topics' that I was nothig to do with. I actually mentioned it to Dabz as I thought it was quite interesting and he had noticed also that I'd been quiet during those other 'debates' and yet they still went on.Just goes to show I guess, if you're outspoken, you will be whether I'm there to take pot shots at or not....

Dabzy & Squashty sitting in a tree KI***** ;D

James, I'm hurt that you have a new besty friend now, and after all we have been through together too :'(

;D ;D ;D

flick
02-03-12, 01:59 PM

I thought was alays me that was the heart of all these dramas. Then I deliberately kept very quiet for a number of months, without saying much, and the same people that always crop up in these threads to try and 'disprove' me, or call me an idiot, were still involved in other 'hot topics' that I was nothig to do with. I actually mentioned it to Dabz as I thought it was quite interesting and he had noticed also that I'd been quiet during those other 'debates' and yet they still went on.Just goes to show I guess, if you're outspoken, you will be whether I'm there to take pot shots at or not....

James, I'm hurt that you have a new besty friend now, and after all we have been through together too :'(

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Mikkie1986
02-03-12, 02:20 PM
Brilliant thread! Havent laughed so much for ages ;D

Jon_W
02-03-12, 02:27 PM

;D ;D ;D

Ohh.... I sense a lover tiff........ :o ;D :-*

Gerry
02-03-12, 02:52 PM
Thank you for your Private Message and your kind words Jon, sadly I'm still to upset to enter into another relationship so soon, no matter how much you plead.

Please don't take this personally, and please don't think of yourself as Jilted Jon :-/

Respectfully
G

PS, the last sentence will only seem mildy amusing to those of a certain age ;)

Jon_W
02-03-12, 02:55 PM
>:(

Fine!

;D

Caz
02-03-12, 04:20 PM
Thank you for your Private Message and your kind words Jon, sadly I'm still to upset to enter into another relationship so soon, no matter how much you plead.

Please don't take this personally, and please don't think of yourself as Jilted Jon :-/

Respectfully
G

PS, the last sentence will only seem mildy amusing to those of a certain age ;)

::) ;D

Nelly
02-03-12, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN45OjB-cCU

;D ;D ;D ;D

Toph
02-03-12, 06:55 PM
I knew someone would post that!!
;D ;D ;D

redken1
02-03-12, 07:23 PM
[quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1330446561/40#40 date=1330679756]

:-* :-* :-*
Apologies for veering slightly off topic.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Sue Akers told the Leveson inquiry that one public official received more than £80,000 in total from the paper, currently edited by Dominic Mohan. Regular "retainers" were apparently being paid to police and others, with one Sun journalist drawing more than £150,000 over the years to pay off his sources.
"The cases we are investigating are not ones involving the odd drink, or meal, to police officers or other public officials," she said. "Instead, these are cases in which arrests have been made involving the delivery of regular, frequent and sometimes significant sums of money to small numbers of public officials by journalists."

In fairness, perhaps the high ranking Met officers who enjoyed champagne meals in London’s swanky restaurants, courtesy of News International, forgot to take their police handbooks along? ;)

Caz
02-03-12, 08:25 PM
Whats that got to do with speeding :-? ::)

redken1
02-03-12, 08:28 PM

I was responding to SF's comments Caz :) :-*

The theme of trust in the police is mentioned in mumerous posts. :)

Caz
02-03-12, 08:37 PM
Really ;) ;D

newnut
06-03-12, 12:06 AM
one liittle loop hole gives them the power to do what they want! "reason to believe" thats all im saying on the matter!

Jon_W
06-03-12, 08:17 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D

:D ;D ;D

Jon_W
06-03-12, 08:19 AM

Errrrrrr....... not a lot.... we kind'a went a bit "off topic"....

Rooter
09-03-12, 03:09 PM
Re A46 comments.... I agree.

How on earth can this be a good use of public funds and manpower at a time when the country is strapped for cash? >:(

This country needs to get a sense of reasonableness and proportion about of lot of things IMHO..

Thrsssspp!!! :o

Last Train
09-03-12, 05:20 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/neptune/Animated/Gesture/gesture036.gif http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/neptune/Animated/Gesture/gesture036.gif http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/neptune/Animated/Gesture/gesture036.gif

GingerWizard86
10-03-12, 10:26 AM
Well, To answer my own question.

"Ow, They got me pard'ner"

Buggers..... >:(

Aparantly doing 62, though I am sure I was not going that quick.

As its a first offence and with no previous points I have been offered their wonderful speed awareness course - same cost as the fixed penalty but with no points... (no brainer though really ain't it..) considered contesting but I just cannot be bothered with the hassle.

I actually thought they had to provide you with the evidence too (the photo) as the NIP just says - "you were doing this, give us money" feels like being extorted...

6 years clean driving licence - 2 weeks on a bike and I have been rumbled....

Oh well, ho hum... I'll keep my eyes on the speedo rather than on the road hahaha ::)

wiltshire builders
10-03-12, 01:30 PM
Bugger! Unlucky for getting caught there. Like I said before there is no reason what-so-ever for that stretch of road to be policed so heavily. (other than to RIP people off)

GingerWizard86
10-03-12, 11:37 PM
What really gets my goat is they send out a piece of paper saying, If you appeal you will loose the opportunity for the speed awareness course. Asking for a photo constitutes a "not guilty plea"

Not gonna deny It wasn't me but also that if you go down that route of saying it wasn't me then I have to take pictures of the front and rear of the vehicle to prove my innocence.

What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"

I'm not going to appeal as its far too much hassle, but still....

ahh well...

Swanny
11-03-12, 06:58 PM
They want your money so try to force you into the cheapest option. If everyone appealed the system would crash and they don't want that :-X

Col
11-03-12, 11:44 PM
Of course posting is no proof of delivery is it :D :D :D

and we all know there can be probs with the delivery of a letter...don't we ;D ;D