PDA

View Full Version : Leathers and Boots

Dan505
12-03-12, 07:37 PM
anyone recommend some good makes/brands for one piece leathers and boots?, budget not limitless tho :-/

Squashed_Fly
12-03-12, 08:16 PM
I've got BKS from George Whites. £300 on the rack down from £699, and I managed to get them down to £250 when I bartered. Job done!

Dan505
12-03-12, 08:20 PM
hmmm wonder where to find these now ::)

thanks sf

Squashed_Fly
12-03-12, 08:28 PM
Go to George Whites (sorry, motorcycle megastore!), they had loads at the weekend...

Rabb
12-03-12, 08:36 PM
Go to George Whites (sorry, motorcycle megastore!), they had loads at the weekend...

+1 they have loads to choose from at very good prices.

wiltshire builders
12-03-12, 08:46 PM
Try on as many as possible, try them on the bike, stretch, walk and imagine wearing them for upto 8hrs a day. The ones that you think will do the job you buy. That's it, no exceptions. And get a back protector.

Dan505
12-03-12, 09:11 PM
they let you try them on the bike?

wouldn't have thought to do that :-[

will take a look thanks

goz1960
12-03-12, 09:50 PM
Yes get in there and try them on as they will all fit in different ways, don't like one piece myself.

Senna(Dan)
13-03-12, 10:04 AM
Make sure you go kitted up ready to ride out, boots can be a nightmare to get on if you buy leathers that are multi layered. I bought BKS from the bike show and they are really comfortable but I have not got to buy new boots because they are too thick for my boots!

Jon_W
13-03-12, 10:35 AM
Spada. Have got a textile coat and leather gloves, both are very well made.

BB
13-03-12, 12:53 PM
they let you try them on the bike?

wouldn't have thought to do that :-[

will take a look thanks

I think it was Bridge at Exeter had a bike shaped frame that they made you sit on to ensure the leathers were comfy ;D

BB

Rooter
13-03-12, 12:55 PM
If you want leathers then you'll probably want racing type boots - but if a touring / general purpose boot is OK then it has to be TCX Infinity.

Incredibly comfy - can walk all day in them, which is amazing in a bike boot. Totally waterproof, breathable and warm. Perfect (oh and Ride recommended). Last for years too..

Rooter

Squashed_Fly
13-03-12, 03:02 PM
Most places that sell leathers, sell bikes also so you can sit on one. Now GWs doesn't anymore, don't know what their policy would be on you leaving the store to sit on your bike in leathers you haven't paid for yet....

Hopefully they would be trusting enough to say fine, but worth checking before you go

wiltshire builders
13-03-12, 03:36 PM
Most places that sell leathers, sell bikes also so you can sit on one. Now GWs doesn't anymore, don't know what their policy would be on you leaving the store to sit on your bike in leathers you haven't paid for yet....

Hopefully they would be trusting enough to say fine, but worth checking before you go
They would still have your helmet, gloves, wallet etc in the store. You wouldn't get too far. It's standard practice to let you sit on your bike.
I wouldn't spend £500 on something I didn't know worked. Don't ask them, tell them.

Just remember you've got to get them home so take a car driving friend.

Dan505
13-03-12, 05:47 PM
Good advice thanks guys, seems obvious but things i wouldn't have thought of ::)

Wes
13-03-12, 06:17 PM
HRS are in bristol, old market do a good range of rst, one piece for around the £220, as for boots ive got a pair of richa ratchet wproof boots, bargain at £80 :)

redken1
13-03-12, 09:09 PM
HRS are in bristol, old market do a good range of rst, one piece for around the £220, as for boots ive got a pair of richa ratchet wproof boots, bargain at £80 :)

Bought my AGV helmet from them at the Loncon show - great deal. Ironic really travelling up to the smoke to buy a helmet from a dealer based in Bristol. ::)

goz1960
13-03-12, 09:53 PM
And another thing to consider is buy the best you can afford, Then hopefully they will last.

8_ball
14-03-12, 12:29 AM
theres is always shows on that is the best bet youll get a better deal than in a shop ::)