PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to 1984

Swanny
16-03-12, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTBlir1oGco

Soon you can be watched everywhere you go in the UK. All your emails, texts and phone calls will be monitored and you can even be seen where cameras can't. This could all be possible with a new anti-terrorism spy plan. Security companies will have real time access to all your personal happenings at the click of a button.

>:(

Beamer
16-03-12, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTBlir1oGco

Soon you can be watched everywhere you go in the UK. All your emails, texts and phone calls will be monitored and you can even be seen where cameras can't. This could all be possible with a new anti-terrorism spy plan. Security companies will have real time access to all your personal happenings at the click of a button.

>:(

If it helps protect me and my loved ones...and all of us then surely its not a bad thing.............If you have nothing to hide then shouldnt be a problem...if it can follow prospective terrorists etc then bloody good job too.
Ok so our privacy is lost but Id gladly give that up to be alive !!

Swanny
16-03-12, 08:00 PM
Sorry but it's nothing to do with terrorism. It's about giving away our freedom.
I have the right to privacy.

If you haven't seen the film 1984 it might be a good idea to watch it and see if you want to live in a world like that, because that's where we are headed.

Swanny
16-03-12, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hATC_2I1wZE

Geordie Stu
16-03-12, 08:35 PM
It's called progress. If you've got nothing to hide no need to worry.
As technology moves forward. No matter what we do or where we go we shall all leave a trail.

Beamer
16-03-12, 08:36 PM
I read the book but dont think Ive seen the film....cant remember as Im getting old now lol ;D

But if you think what you do now is private then you are sadly mistaken lol

Technology has already left the ordinary Joe Bloggs behind.

Mobile phones are registered in peoples names, computers have have all our details on them. We are already living in this type of world we just don't know much about it and its not made public knowledge.

If the 'authorities' wanted to find out about someone it wouldnt be difficult.

We only have as much privacy as we are led to believe we have.

I somehow dont think anyone is going to be able to stop things progressing. Maybe George Orwell was just a bit out with his dates and years etc ;D ;D ;D ;D

Beamer
16-03-12, 08:37 PM
It's called progress. If you've got nothing to hide no need to worry.
As technology moves forward. No matter what we do or where we go we shall all leave a trail.

My point exactly ;D ;D

Swanny
16-03-12, 08:46 PM
As you have nothing to hide you won't mind me reading the texts on your phone or your emails then???? After all you could be a terrorist ;)

Beamer
16-03-12, 08:49 PM
As you have nothing to hide you won't mind me reading the texts on your phone or your emails then???? After all you could be a terrorist ;)

Which surveillance company do you work for ??

Are you a policeman??

Give me proof of who you are and your reasons. Providing they are legitimate then yes you can.......you might like them ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o

redken1
16-03-12, 08:50 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with you Swanny.

I like to think that I am an honest law abiding citizen, but I have a lot I wish to hide from prying eyes. The right to privacy is a basic fundamental right in any free society and should be protected at all cost in my view.

I find it astonishing that our armed forces are deployed in countries such as Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya to facilitate the exporting of our politicians’s human rights agenda, while are own basic rights are being eroded.

Who is watching the watchers?

wiltshire builders
16-03-12, 08:53 PM
I read the book but dont think Ive seen the film

Oh they've made it into a book now ;D

Seriously though, that "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" argument is so flawed.
What happens when they suddenly bring in a law that makes you a criminal "for the greater good" I break the law everytime I ride with my visor and my end can. Am I hurting anyone? Doubtful, but all it takes is for an over zelous cam opperator and i'm in the sh*t.

I don't want to tread on Swanny's or Ken's toes but the government want you to live in fear so they can come to the rescue by penning us all in.

Thorkill_The_Tall
16-03-12, 08:59 PM
If it helps protect me and my loved ones...and all of us then surely its not a bad thing.............If you have nothing to hide then shouldnt be a problem...if it can follow prospective terrorists etc then bloody good job too.
Ok so our privacy is lost but Id gladly give that up to be alive !!

Now where have I heard that line of reasoning beore...

Ah! I remember - 1930's Germany, 1960's Uganda and 1970's Cambodia.
Not so bad then, eh? Everything turned out just peachy those times..........

redken1
16-03-12, 09:29 PM
Perhaps we need a reality check. There are many reasons why I have no trust or faith in the powers that be to adhere to surveillance guidelines or operate with transparency and honesty.

A couple of examples of how the state operates:

A newspaper hacked in to a murdered child’s phone and its editor’s regular dinner guest (a high ranking police officer) failed to investigate phone hacking.

Dept of Transport Jo Moore's memo, written at 2.55pm on September 11, when millions of people were transfixed by the terrible television images of the terrorist attack on the world trade centre in New York, said: "It is now a very good day to get out anything we want to bury. Councillors expenses?"

In light of the above I don’t think “Big Brother” would give a toss about respecting an individual’s basic rights.

Trust them at your peril

Mitch9128
16-03-12, 09:33 PM
This is nothing new...

Mark_Able
16-03-12, 09:39 PM
I've always hated cats, now I know why... :o

redken1
16-03-12, 09:44 PM
I've always hated cats, now I know why... :o

lol never had you down for a w**ker Mark. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mark_Able
16-03-12, 09:45 PM
On a serious note, all the information they gleen from us is used for any number of things. At the moment it's used for marketing products, insurance claims, PPI claims and debt management. But what if, by following your movements, they start using it for other purposes? I hate the powers knowing my every move. As you say Ken, I don't trust THEM... >:(

Jon_W
19-03-12, 07:59 AM
This is nothing new...

;D ;D ;D

Dirty little git!!!!

Geordie Stu
19-03-12, 11:23 AM

Are you a Journalist? & did you work for the News of the World...? ::)

redken1
19-03-12, 07:10 PM

Are you a Journalist? & did you work for the News of the World...? ::)

I did hear a rumour that Rupert Murdoch hacked in to the mobile phones of the Glasgow Rangers players and topped them up with a tenner. :P ;D

pilninggas
19-03-12, 07:48 PM
Surprising we are taking Russia Today on face value - not arguing with some of the sentiment here - but RT is very anti-British and is one of Vlad-the-Imposters personal tools for defying democracy.

I sometimes put RT on just to laugh at the slightly hysteric, Russia-centric, pro-soviet era nonsense - the RusFed is in no position to take cheap shots at the UK, even if some aspects of what they say may have a basis in fact.