PDA

View Full Version : Piles of white powder

Swanny
23-03-12, 11:35 AM
Yesterday while walking Dave the dog I noticed small piles of white powder on the pavement each one was an equal distance from the last.
Walked into a field and the piles continued. :-?
Today I walked along the canal and they are there too.
I asked the posty if he had noticed them and he said yea but had no idea what they are....

Any ideas???

:-? :-?

Snowy
23-03-12, 11:38 AM
Yesterday while walking Dave the dog I noticed small piles of white powder on the pavement each one was an equal distance from the last.
Walked into a field and the piles continued. :-?
Today I walked along the canal and they are there too.
I asked the posty if he had noticed them and he said yea but had no idea what they are....

Any ideas???

:-? :-?

Alien poo :D

Mitch9128
23-03-12, 11:39 AM
Prolly where people have parked Suzuki's, its the verdigree falling off.

Squashed_Fly
23-03-12, 12:05 PM
Lister: Where is everyone Hol?
Holly: They're dead Dave.
Lister: Who is?
Holly: Everybody Dave.
Lister: What Captain Holister?
Holly: Everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: What Todd Hunter?
Lister: What Selby?
Holly: They're all dead, everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: Peterson isn't, is he?
Holly: Everybody is dead Dave.
Lister: Not Chen?
Holly: Gorden Bennet, yes Chen, everybody, everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: Rimmer?
Holly: He's dead Dave, everybody's dead, everybody is dead Dave.
Lister: Wait, are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?
Holly: *slightly under breath* Shouldn't have let him out in the first place!

Jon_W
23-03-12, 12:25 PM
Lister: Where is everyone Hol?
Holly: They're dead Dave.
Lister: Who is?
Holly: Everybody Dave.
Lister: What Captain Holister?
Lister: What Todd Hunter?
Lister: What Selby?
Holly: They're all dead, everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: Peterson isn't, is he?
Holly: Everybody is dead Dave.
Lister: Not Chen?
Holly: Gorden Bennet, yes Chen, everybody, everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: Rimmer?
Holly: He's dead Dave, everybody's dead, everybody is dead Dave.
Lister: Wait, are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?
Holly: *slightly under breath* Shouldn't have let him out in the first place!

;D ;D

Red Dwarf, Classic!!!!

Jon_W
23-03-12, 12:27 PM
world record attempt for the biggest line of coke????

Senna(Dan)
23-03-12, 01:42 PM
Snail racing lanes?

Geordie Stu
23-03-12, 02:28 PM
Get some samples & give them a sniff....! :D

Swanny
23-03-12, 08:05 PM
You lot aren't much help :D

I reckon the alien poo might be closest but strange that they poo at regular intervals :o

Swanny
23-03-12, 08:08 PM
Ah ha I think it's been sussed :)

There are similar doings here in Edinburgh, though it seems to be that the dollops of flour are used as way point/route markers for several local running clubs.

It only came to be generally know by 'outsiders' to the clubs when the police cordoned off a street to investigate these piles of white powder, and a rather sheepish member of one of the clubs 'fessed up.

Flour is used because it is cheap, visible in daylight and twilight, and is biodegradable.

AND THIS.......

Published on Monday 13 June 2011 15:39

PILES of flour put down on pavements across Kimberley as part of a sports activity left residents and councillors baffled and worried it was dog poison.

The small piles of flour – placed mainly next to lampposts – caused such a stir in the town that people asked Broxtowe Borough Council to test the mystery substance to see if it was harmful.

Residents began reporting piles of white ‘powder’ in several streets last Thursday and Friday, and more appeared over the weekend.

But after tests were carried out, the council confirmed the mystery substance was flour and it had been put down by a running club, as a trail, in a game called ‘hashing’.

The piles of flour were placed against lampposts and telephone boxes, and in a couple of streets it was scattered across the footpath, leaving people completely baffled.

Cllr Roy Plumb said: “We didn’t know whether it was poison or drugs. We didn’t know what it was.”

A spokesperson for Broxtowe Borough Council said: “The way the markings were laid was consistent with that of the game and the running group have confirmed they were in the area on those days.”

The game, called Hashing, involves one of the runners, called the ‘hare’ marking a trail with either chalk, sand dust or flour for other runners to follow.

The group responsible, called The Quorn Hash House Harriers, organise runs across Leicestershire and south Nottinghamshire.

smellygerm
23-03-12, 08:38 PM
Your right swan it's the hash harriers they came in the harp last Wednesday , all trails lead to a pub and in the winter they use poster paints

Nelly
23-03-12, 08:46 PM
supposing it gets windy? :-?

Snowy
23-03-12, 08:54 PM

I reckon the alien poo might be closest but strange that they poo at regular intervals :o

Why would you think aliens aren't regular poo'ers like humans? ;D

redken1
23-03-12, 09:03 PM
It's not white powder, but brown torpedo shaped pooh that comes from Uranus Graeme :o

Geordie Stu
24-03-12, 10:26 AM
What if someone puts piles of white powder in another direction...! :exclamation

Swanny
25-03-12, 09:24 PM
Hehe good idea :)

Jon_W
26-03-12, 08:03 AM

US!!! :o

We are without doubt the most helpful bunch around.... ;D