PDA

View Full Version : Any auto electricians?

zachl
08-04-12, 02:40 PM
Hello all

I have just bought a pair of Audi heated leather seats for my Ibiza and am looking to get the heated element wired in.

No Ibizas came with heated seats so no Oem switches

The seats aren't a straight on/off either they are temperature controlled so I imagine wiring a straight on/off switch from a live is impossible.

The wires from the socket underneath are 3 brown, 1 brown/blue, 1 black/white and one black/yellow

Any help would be much appreciated

Zach

Dan505
08-04-12, 10:09 PM
Your best bet is to check how they work in the audi, Ecu or driver controlled, if driver, a decent garage should be able to plumb them in

Red Zed 1
08-04-12, 10:33 PM
have found in the past that heated seats are a factory option only and are usually wired in conjunction with other options on the car so that it all works in harmony..also usually work via a control unit ie.heating and ventilation and/or body control unit..a good wiring diagram would be a starting point..ope this helps..

zachl
09-04-12, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys.

Think I'm just gonna lob the connector off and go from there. If they work it's a bonus, if they don't, they don't. For the price I paid I won't cry about :)

Dan505
09-04-12, 09:59 AM
Be careful hard wiring them in, if they overheat or drain the battery your screw yourself in the long run

silly_simon
09-04-12, 09:13 PM
Get the switche's out of a Skoda, Either a Octavia or better still the Fabia Elegance model ;) That way at least the switch gear will look OEM