PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the weather?

evil_daddy
11-04-12, 10:40 PM
As my first (non-intro) post I thought I'd complain about the weather, I have to go to Farnborough (Hampshire) tomorrow, want to take the 'busa but don't want to get wet cold and miserable.
:'(

Nelly
12-04-12, 07:14 AM
spring showers. designed to catch us out ;)

wasted_ace
12-04-12, 08:32 AM
Being early Spring the British weather is notoriously fickle at this time of year..not quite summer and still a residue of winter here and there.
May usually settles the account and it warms up a tad and then the good old British monsoon kicks in some time in June.
Long term weather modules say we are in for a mediocre summer at best..but what do the weather goons know ?..they are all twats ;D ::)

Mitch9128
12-04-12, 09:20 AM
I work there, it's a long enough ride in the dry, some nice routes there, but sod it in the wet.

Squashed_Fly
12-04-12, 10:20 AM
Summers and winters are things of the past. Now we have warm, dry winters, and wet cold summers!

Loops
12-04-12, 06:32 PM
What rain?I was nice any cosy wrapped up in my waterproof kit 8-) :P

DanS
12-04-12, 06:41 PM
Had some rather loud thunder in Melksham about 17:15 this afternoon, then nothing, then rain, then nothing.

I was trying to tension my chain, and the bike was in and out the garage like a yoyo trying to avoid getting wet!

Swanny
12-04-12, 06:45 PM
I saw three massive lightning bolts today :)

evil_daddy
12-04-12, 09:32 PM
Took the car to work, smart move, would have got a little damp on the way out.
On the way home we had bright sunshine, black cloud, light drizzle, torrential rain, hailstones, we had spray, standing water, aqua-planing, rivers flowing across roads, oh, and lightening.

when I got home I noticed the kids hadn't ran the washing machine, the lazy oiks, so I switched it on, to be greeted by torreents of water from the powder tray - bless their laziness.

What a day, pass me a cold one.

Jon_W
13-04-12, 08:00 AM
What rain?I was nice any cosy wrapped up in my waterproof kit 8-) :P

Ditto. Nice and dry here.

Senna(Dan)
13-04-12, 01:40 PM
Had some rather loud thunder in Melksham about 17:15 this afternoon, then nothing, then rain, then nothing.

I was trying to tension my chain, and the bike was in and out the garage like a yoyo trying to avoid getting wet!
That rather lound thunder was a plane going supersonic!

DanS
13-04-12, 04:06 PM
Really? Cool!