PDA

View Full Version : Take a bow Formula1

redken1
20-04-12, 08:57 AM
IMHO Everyone involved in Formula 1 should bow their heads in shame for going to the blood-stained streets of Bahrain this weekend. :'( :'( :'(

What a moral victory for Dictator King Hamad and his Sunni al-Khalifa clan who have ruled this island for more than 200 years.

Life is more important than sport to me so I’m boycotting the event.

Si
20-04-12, 09:27 AM
I agree Ken. Im a big F1 fan but this is just plain silly!

Dabz
20-04-12, 09:31 AM
Money talks to Ecclestone :/

Si
20-04-12, 09:33 AM
And unfortunately thats what Mr Ecclestone has done to the sport. Thats all its about these days. Very sad!

Hazel-nut
20-04-12, 10:33 AM
Apparently some of the force India team have already gone home!

Si
20-04-12, 10:39 AM
Thats right! Somebody tried to blow them up with a car bomb yesterday! :o

redken1
20-04-12, 01:06 PM
When Colonel Gaddafi murdered pro-democracy protesters in Libya, we providing the rebels with arms and military training.

When King Hamad of Bahrain murders his own pro-democracy protesters we reward him with an invite to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee banquet and the prestigious prize of the world’s greatest motoring showcase.

Of course, this is a F1 decision, but it would be naive to think that our elected representatives couldn’t bring their influence to bear down on the F1 governing body. I haven’t seen one member of the coalition come out in support of a boycott.

The message from the West is loud and clear: If you are our friend we will allow you to get away with ‘murder’ (literally)
>:( >:( >:(

Swanny
20-04-12, 07:38 PM
Money talks to Ecclestone :/
That's all he cares about >:(

silly_simon
20-04-12, 09:22 PM
F1 Is IMHO a load of tosh at best >:(

Give me a days bike racing any day of the week :P