PDA

View Full Version : Another stolen bike

goz1960
21-04-12, 10:27 AM
As mentioned above, i have had my kawasaki zx9r C2 stolen from the leeds area in the early hours on 16th april. The bike wasn't insured for theft as i didn't have it in the garage where i informed my insurance company it would be, so unless the bike comes back to me, thats me without a bike for at least this season

Colour: green
In a weathered condition due to it been my main mode of transport.
It's pretty much standard apart from a full Hindle race exhaust system, rear hugger, goodridge braided front hoses and a clear double bubble screen that has tiny splinter marks in it as you look through it. Probably nearing on 32000 on the clock. It has had a new chain and sprockets within the last 500 miles. New avon storm on the rear 180 wide and a avon viper sport front that is half worn.

Theres a few marks on the bike that it can be identified by are as follows:

The back wheel has been recently painted and has painted wheel weights of the same colour(green)
The front wheel is in a sorry state as it has a neglected polished rim on.
The left hand fairing has a scrape across it and has slightly rubbed a small amount of purple sticker off in two places.
The left hand engine case has worn through when i had the off so i used liquid metal to patch it up as a temporary fix.
When i had the plastics off it the other day i notices the righthand engine case had a hairline crack where the clutch cable mounting bolt fastens to the casing so i put some liquid metal on there as well.
The belly pan has a crack in it approx 3 inches long
The front fairing/ Y piece that joins the two sides together snapped the other day when i was messing with the plastics so i taped it up with some black pvc tape.
The rear hangers are corroded up and paint pealing off.
the left hand mirror has a crack in it from the small off i had
The left hand indicator has scrapes on from the small off i had
The petrol tank has a AGV sticker on that is well weathered and was covering up an old scorpion sticker that had faded into tank paintwork.
Theres a sidi sticker on the front of the bike and a couple on the belly pan.
The front head light has signs of glue on it where there must have been a headlight protector on it at some point.
the front fairing has a small scratch on the the lefthand side approx. 1 1/2 inches long.

This bike might sound like a wreck but it was my baby and if anyone has any information on it's whereabouts i'm willing to give a cash reward on its return.
Here is a picture i took of the bike yesterday after a run out.
It would be greatly appreciated if this message can be copied and put on other sites to try and make it awkward for the thieves to move the bike or parts on.
Heres a picture i took yesterday, sorry not got any of the bike on its own.
Here's my number if theres any news 0771 2809089

Taken from another forum I use

BB
22-04-12, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear this, are you sure it's not insured? If you are not at your home address it may still be covered.

BB

Mas1
22-04-12, 04:44 PM
Very Sorry To Hear This Hope You Get It Back.

Sapphire
22-04-12, 05:55 PM
Just spotted this post, sorry to hear such bad news and just before the summer too... as BB said, if you weren't at home it could still covered, especially if you were using any declared security devices.

lolliver
23-04-12, 12:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your bike, I hope you get it back soon

Jon_W
23-04-12, 12:57 PM
Scum! >:(

Hope you get your bike back and they get what is deserved!

Kevinb
23-04-12, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear this, are you sure it's not insured? If you are not at your home address it may still be covered.

BB

It must be insured otherwise everytime any of us went on holiday we souldn't be covered :o

wiltshire builders
23-04-12, 01:29 PM

BB

It must be insured otherwise everytime any of us went on holiday we souldn't be covered :o

The only way it's not insured is if it is outside at night at the garaged address it's insured at.

Ducatista
23-04-12, 01:59 PM
The other posts are correct.
If you are away from the insured address (usually home for most people) then you are not expected to keep it in a garage - indeed in many places we visit that's simply not possible.
It's only when you are at the insured address that you are expected to keep it where you have said it's stored.

So if the bike is insured at Uffington and you were visiting someone in Leeds then you should still be insured.
If you declared any security devices (like a disc lock) then they should have been ON.
I never declare these as I know I will have to use them 100% of the time. I only declare things like immobilisers that are fitted as standard.