PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone enlighten me?

redken1
21-04-12, 04:50 PM
I was in Trowbridge today and purchased some £1 polythene dust-sheets to place under the cotton twill ones for a job I’m starting on Monday. The shop assistant needed approval prior to the transaction and called for a supervisor accordingly.

As my curiosity got the better of me, I asked the supervisor why approval was required. She said, “I don’t know.”

Anyone on here know what that is all about?
:-/

Mitch9128
21-04-12, 04:55 PM
Selling polythene sheets to anarchists, gawd knows what you had in mind for them!!!

Nelly
21-04-12, 05:09 PM
:-? Is it possible to heat them up until they become a solution then pour them into a spoon and inject them into a vein as a heroin substitute?

Or maybe terrorists buy polythene sheets for when they **** themselves? ;D

redken1
21-04-12, 05:40 PM
Not just me then?

Not very helpful replies, but they did make me spit my tea all over the PC screen ;D ;D ;D

Wes
21-04-12, 05:45 PM
Erm nope :-? not a clue

Si
21-04-12, 06:21 PM
I have been in that position before. Its when you buy plastic sheeting or even plastic bags along with a volatile substance. It obviously turns it into something to inhale or something? :-?

Toph
21-04-12, 07:36 PM
Ken, my daughter, who is a manager at B&Q Trowbridge , says there is no restrictions on the sale of pvc dustsheets that she knows of. . Where did you buy 'em ??

redken1
21-04-12, 07:41 PM
Ken, my daughter, who is a manager at B&Q Trowbridge , says there is no restrictions on the sale of pvc dustsheets that she knows of. . Where did you buy 'em ??

B&M store near McDonalds where we meet for rideouts Chris.

Don't tell your daughter - they are cheaper than B&Q Shhhhhhhh! ;D

Toph
21-04-12, 07:45 PM

B&M store near McDonalds where we meet for rideouts Chris.

Don't tell your daughter - they are cheaper than B&Q Shhhhhhhh! ;D

;D ;D ;D Discretion is my middle name Ken !! :)

Squashed_Fly
21-04-12, 08:30 PM
Obviously someone had read this on Wikipedia, and had your best interests at heart!

"The main health and safety issues with PVC are associated with "VCM", its carcinogenic precursor, the products of its incineration (dioxins under some circumstances), and the additives mixed with PVC, which include heavy metals and potential endocrine disruptors."

Jon_W
23-04-12, 02:25 PM
Dodgy looking bloke like you Ken..... Left wing anarchists!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Seriously..... not a clue! Possible suffocation????

Col
23-04-12, 03:03 PM
I believe that if you are a likely participant in :-? 'cough' Erotic asphyxiation it is some stores policies to check you out and upon this inspection it is then decided to invite you to the ;) 'Special Partay' that is held from time to time 8-)

....sadly Ken , on this occasion , you were not deemed errrrr suitable to invite....smarten yerself up next time

;D ;D ;D ;D

Mitch9128
23-04-12, 03:54 PM
Left wing anarchists!!!!

Now there's a new one.

redken1
23-04-12, 06:24 PM
Come on guys give me a break, it was a plastic bag I was buying, not a tank. ;D

I am certainly left wing and a true democrat, but no anarchist. It’s capitalism which is not compatible with democracy. ::) :-X

Come the revolution brothers and sisters! ;) :P ;D

Geordie Stu
23-04-12, 07:15 PM
Maybe it's because you look like a murderer & needed to polythene sheets to put on the floor before you killed someone. That way you don't leave any blood on forensic evidence. Did you buy surgical gloves & a body suit ::)

Senna(Dan)
23-04-12, 07:53 PM
It's health and safety, they needed to check if you looked old enough to handle the potent killing sheet that is pvc!

Jon_W
25-04-12, 01:31 PM
Come the revolution brothers and sisters! ;) :P ;D

We'll all have plastic bags and no questions asked!!!! ;D