PDA

View Full Version : Don't bother calling a CAB!

redken1
01-05-12, 08:53 PM
According to reports at the weekend, desperate people seeking help during these difficult times are being turned away by the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).

The government’s cuts (23% in two years) in CAB’s budget are crippling the bureau’s attempts to help the most vulnerable at a time when more people than ever need urgent help.

Ever since the organisation’s inception at the start of WW2 millions of ordinary people have turned to CAB for help in times of dire straits. It makes my blood boil to see such a much needed frontline service and safety net for the most disadvantaged and vulnerable being eroded in this way. “A fairer Britain” ?????
>:( >:( >:(

NiteW4tcher
01-05-12, 11:10 PM
so the government f**k you and then take away a important source of help

figures

Mitch9128
02-05-12, 06:20 AM
A CAB?

wiltshire builders
02-05-12, 08:19 AM
A CAB?
Steady Mitch....steady. ;)

Jon_W
02-05-12, 11:48 AM
Another nail in the coffin of the vunerable was nailed yesterday with the signing into law of the Legal aid bill.

Access to justice, medicine and advise provided after WW2 is being slowly removed.

redken1
02-05-12, 06:03 PM
A CAB?

It was a “Tongue-in-cheek” double meaning headline intended to draw attention to the subject matter. On reflection, in light of the serious nature of the topic perhaps it was not appropriate.

How about Cabbies need a lift? ;) :D :P

wiltshire builders
03-05-12, 02:32 PM
A CAB?

It was a “Tongue-in-cheek” double meaning headline intended to draw attention to the subject matter. On reflection, in light of the serious nature of the topic perhaps it was not appropriate.

I think mitch was referring to a well known acronym used to describe law enforcement officers.
Surely a man with a penchant for civil disobedience like yourself Ken would would be familiar with it ;D

Mitch9128
03-05-12, 02:42 PM
All Cats Are Beautiful, Ken...

;)

Snowy
03-05-12, 04:01 PM
A CAB?

I think mitch was referring to a well known acronym used to describe law enforcement officers.
Surely a man with a penchant for civil disobedience like yourself Ken would would be familiar with it ;D

Can you enlighten me please as I have not got a clue what it means nor have I heard that as an acronym before ;D ;D

redken1
03-05-12, 05:47 PM
I’m curious; please explain Dan, nowt coming up on the WWW. :-[

wiltshire builders
03-05-12, 06:03 PM
I think it brings into question the marital status of the aforementioned police officers parents.

redken1
03-05-12, 06:23 PM
Got it Mitch and Dan - sorry guys I'm getting slower and forgetful as I get older. :-[ :-[ :-[

Not that I ever chanted those words at footie matches. "You what, you what, you what, you what, you what?" :D :o

See where you were coming from now Mitch. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]