PDA

View Full Version : Europe at war!

redken1
18-11-11, 08:57 PM
Anyone uncertain about the extent to which the eurozone crisis is bringing about profound change in Europe should turn their attention towards Rome.
Italy, a major European power, now has a cabinet made up entirely of technocrats. Unlike in Greece, there's not an elected politician among them.
And all because senior eurozone leaders, and the markets, demanded it is so.

Col
19-11-11, 10:32 AM
awwwwwwwww thought this was the latest idea to reduce unemployment and get industry rolling rather than a tale of 'alcoholics running the bar', so to speak, Ken

Squashed_Fly
19-11-11, 10:48 AM
I thought it was going to be about the disagreements between UK & Germany this week...

Swanny
19-11-11, 12:26 PM
The Banksters are “Stealing Governments”: Mario Monti, Italy’s New PM

investmentwatchblog.com

November 13, 2011

The “Shock Doctrine” is clearly at work again. Look at Italy’s new leader’s credentials, Mario Monti
24743 300x199 Rothschild’s Puppet Mario Monti, Italy’s New PM

Rothschild’s Puppet Mario Monti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Monti

Monti is the first chairman of Bruegel, a European think tank founded in 2005, and he is European Chairman of the Trilateral Commission, a think tank founded in 1973 by David Rockefeller.[4] He is also a leading member of the Bilderberg Group.[5] Monti is an international adviser to Goldman Sachs and The Coca-Cola Company.[6]

In Greece the new PM Lucas Papademos served on the Federal Reserve of Boston!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Papademos

He has served as Senior Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in 1980. He joined the Bank of Greece in 1985 as Chief Economist, rising to Deputy Governor in 1993 and Governor in 1994. During his time as Governor of the national bank, Papademos was involved in Greece’s transition from the drachma to the euro as its national currency.[4] After leaving the Bank of Greece in 2002, Papademos became the Vice President to Jean-Claude Trichet at the European Central Bank from 2002 to 2010. In 2010 he left that position to serve as an advisor to Prime Minister George Papandreou.[4] He has been a member of the Trilateral Commission since 1998.[5]

You can’t make this stuff up, the Banksters are now just out right stealing governments and will perpetuate debt slavery and socialize their losses.
:-/

FJ_Biker
19-11-11, 09:34 PM
I am concerned about this as well, putting unelected people in charge of countries is not good democracy.

Why are they not suing Goldman Sachs for the Greek problems. After all they were the company that produced the dodgy accounts to get them in the Euro.

When the Greek PM said their was going to be a referendum (real democracy in action) he was kicked out by people who are not even Greek citizens. We all know about EU referendums they only hold them when they know they will win and if they fail just have another referendum till you get the result you want.

Next financial markets get one of there own in to protect their money.

Then Italy 2-0 to the financial markets.

Who next Spain in a few weeks as they are having elections soon so there is no point putting a crony in for a few days.

When will they wake up the system is broke chucking money at the problem is not a fix.

Next spring we are going to see a lot of social unrest as the measures put in place take affect, I believe people around the world are waking up to what is going on. The majority are being fleeced by the minority. The ordinary hard working people are earning less (quite a few don't have jobs now) and the financial elite are still raking it in with big bounces and annual wage rises of 50%

The whole system needs re-addressing, the average person on the street has very little spare cash after paying for accommodation, food and utility bills, how will we ever get out of this problem?

The financial institutions who have bought bonds and sold loans to countries including ours who have been trading with outgoing greater than their combined revenues need to be held to account. Not the public who has pretty much no say apart from a vote every few years to parties controlled by the big corporations and institutions.

The Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy show can only go on so long sticking plasters over cracks before the whole lot collapses. Time to fastens your seat belts pay as much finance off as you can and hold tight this is going to be one long scary ride.

redken1
20-11-11, 12:19 AM
Despite the public stance, our PM Cameron is at war with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

So are Greece, Portugal, Italy, and Spain and so on.

Merkel told the Greek admin, if you hold a referendum on your domestic austerity measures, not one cent will leave the Bundesbank? Likewise, Merkel offered the same carrot/stick ultimatum to the Italian admin, if they did not resign en bloc making way for the current unelected regime to grasp the reins of power?

Of course, Germany does not have the same financial stranglehold over the UK as it has over the failing economies of many of its euro zone EU partners (second class status). So why has Cameron got a beef with the Germans? With the exception of the US, the UK is the biggest exporter of western democracy. Gonna be hard to sell now that the European spring has arrived.

All the leaders of the EU member states need to realise that their ‘Smoke and mirrors’ skulduggery is no longer going to be tolerated by the citizens of Europe and the rest of the world.

redken1
07-05-12, 07:52 PM
Wasn’t very hard to predict it would all turn pear-shaped and I’m not going to say I told you so. The voters of Greece and France have certainly thrown a spanner in the works

In the wake of the Greek and French election results, German Chancellor Merkel reckons the EU fiscal pact is not up for renegotiation.

We shall see about that.

If Cameron and his poodle Clegg continue with their austerity measures here, I predict that they will both end up on the political scrapheap along with Sarkozy.

FJ_Biker
07-05-12, 09:17 PM
It will be an interesting few weeks, I don't think Hollande will be a yes man to the financial institutions who caused this mess to begin with. He is obviously not a fan of austerity.

redken1
07-05-12, 09:26 PM
It will be an interesting few weeks, I don't think Hollande will be a yes man to the financial institutions who caused this mess to begin with. He is obviously not a fan of austerity.

He has a clear mandate because he stood on an anti-austerity ticket Taffy. Now that Merkel's bedfellow Sarkosy has bit the dust she is out on a bit of a limb.

goz1960
07-05-12, 09:29 PM
What with this and the post about 9/11 its getting depressing looking on here.
;) ;)

redken1
07-05-12, 09:36 PM
What with this and the post about 9/11 its getting depressing looking on here.
;) ;)

Well you must be enjoying it because you kept the debate going on the 9/11 thread? ;) :)

I don’t find it depressing, on the contrary, I think it’s refreshing to see the people of Europe finally waking up and making a stand.

Col
07-05-12, 11:55 PM
All very well 'joe turkey' not liking austerity cuts but anyone care to explain what happens when a country cannot borrow anymore or print more cash.

Down my local the bloody beer gone up 10p......bloody outrageous :P-----important issue for me :-*

Swanny
08-05-12, 01:22 AM
Nothing to worry about they are just setting it up for a fall so that they can bring in the NWO one world currency and do away with cash altogether :P

Kevinb
08-05-12, 01:14 PM
If Cameron and his poodle Clegg continue with their austerity measures here, I predict that they will both end up on the political scrapheap along with Sarkozy.
[/quote]

Do they have a choice? People forget Labour got us into this mess yet the brain dead morons are now voting Labour back into local government.
If you have a debt you have to pay it off whether it is a country or a credit card.

If Labour get back in I expect they will go to Wonga or pay day loans ;D

FJ_Biker
08-05-12, 06:29 PM
People forget Labour got us into this mess

Kev I see it from a different perspective.

I am not a labour fan. This is a global (well western world led recession) it was Thatcher who removed regulation from the city (financial markets) while killing manufacturing, Labour just carried on with her work. Also the tories have turned this into a double dip recession.

Swanny
08-05-12, 06:55 PM
All the parties are as bad as each other

FJ_Biker
08-05-12, 07:01 PM
+1 to that.

It's a sad state of affairs when we get about a 33% turn out for an election when France gets over 80%.

redken1
08-05-12, 07:49 PM

Do they have a choice? People forget Labour got us into this mess yet the brain dead morons are now voting Labour back into local government.
If you have a debt you have to pay it off whether it is a country or a credit card.

If Labour get back in I expect they will go to Wonga or pay day loans ;D[/quote]

Kev, I am happy to participate in a sensible debate and offer up my views as to why I think the right-wing policies of the previous administration contributed to the current financial mess. And to why I think the right-wing policies of the present government will not get the country out of the crisis.

Although I’m not a Labour supporter, I ‘m not so sure your points carry much credence when you call millions (38% of all votes cast) of voters who do not share your political view, “Brain dead morons.”

Not very democratic :-?

Swanny
09-05-12, 12:57 AM
+1 to that.

It's a sad state of affairs when we get about a 33% turn out for an election when France gets over 80%.
That's because they can be bothered to do stuff, us lazy brits sit back and let whatever happen :-/
Too much fluoride I reckon

Kevinb
09-05-12, 01:51 PM

If Labour get back in I expect they will go to Wonga or pay day loans ;D

Kev, I am happy to participate in a sensible debate and offer up my views as to why I think the right-wing policies of the previous administration contributed to the current financial mess. And to why I think the right-wing policies of the present government will not get the country out of the crisis.

Although I’m not a Labour supporter, I ‘m not so sure your points carry much credence when you call millions (38% of all votes cast) of voters who do not share your political view, “Brain dead morons.”

Not very democratic :-?[/quote]

If you think that's bad I won't tell you what I think of Lib Dem voters then ;D

Politics is a wonderful thing and to be truthful most of us don't care as 'They are all the same' slimy polititions who never answer a question with a straight forward answer hence why so many do not vote.

redken1
10-05-12, 08:48 PM
Kev, you are right to say that most of the electorate don’t care about politics. I believe that is one of the main reasons why we have the representatives we have.

In the wake of poor voter turnout in successive general elections, politicians from all the main parties stated that now is the time to reconnect/re-engage with ordinary people across the country. They ‘talk the talk,’ but won’t ‘walk the walk’ because it suits politicians to have an apathetic electorate which makes no demands and does not hold them to account. The onus is on us to force our elected representatives to change.

At the time of the MPs’ expenses scandal, I think it’s fair to say that the whole country was outraged and most of us had a little moan and groan in our local pub/shop. No demands or protests on Westminster though, so it’s hardly surprising that normal business has resumed.

Many people who have a grumble about a wide range of issues are quick to disassociate themselves from anything to do with politics. Unfortunately, the two cannot always be separated. Whether on a national or local level, politics is about our everyday life – our children’s school, our hospital, our roads, what we earn, or pay in tax, level of council tax, water charges and so on.

We need to engage with our politicians and demand change.

Swanny
10-05-12, 08:58 PM
The acting government takes it's orders from higher up

Swanny
11-05-12, 01:14 AM
The political parties are just put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice, you don't.

Col
14-05-12, 06:04 AM
someone once said 'If voting made any difference they would ban it' or somat like ;D

Geordie Stu
14-05-12, 06:15 PM
The politians in Italy are still run by the Sicilian's otherwise known as the Mafia :D :D