PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news:

redken1
16-05-12, 06:17 PM
Liverpool is now a republic - "King Kenny" has been overthrown!

:P

Mitch9128
16-05-12, 08:18 PM
All my NI cousins are bleating all over Facebork, If Kenny Dalglish had a pound for every time his side had hit the post... he'd probably spend it on an overrated English midfielder.

goz1960
17-05-12, 08:00 AM
Liverpool is now a republic - "King Kenny" has been overthrown!

:P
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Col
17-05-12, 11:50 AM
tough at the top errrr well near it ;D

goz1960
17-05-12, 11:54 AM
Kenny Dalglish always said that he'd do what he could to help Liverpool FC. That he left by having his contract terminated rather than by 'mutual consent' or resigning suggests he still felt he could help Liverpool FC. If he didn't think so he'd have fallen on his sword.

The honeymoon period for FSG is now well and truly over. Liverpool are still waiting for that new stadium, the one that allows the club to compete financially with other sides with top-four ambitions. Liverpool haven't even managed top five for three seasons.

Other problems needed sorting before changing the manager and unless FSG intend to address them, urgently, they will need a miracle worker to replace Dalglish.

DaytonaDog
17-05-12, 08:31 PM
Other problems needed sorting before changing the manager and unless FSG intend to address them, urgently, they will need a miracle worker to replace Dalglish.

I think FSG are trying to address those other problems, hence the major overhaul of staff on the off-pitch side of the club, ie director of comms, legal team, etc etc. FSG have probably sat back for a year, seen how things operate at Liverpool compared to other clubs and against their own business philosophies, which to be fair seem fairly successful at their other sporting ventures, and have decided to invoke the changes that they see fit into their long term strategy.

Personally I think KK should have been given another season, but I suspect FSG felt that Kenny would not progress the club next season and they would be in exactly the same situation at the end of next season, and have decided to act now.

Toph
17-05-12, 09:39 PM
Apparently Michael Owen has been reported as saying he will not be rejoining his old club Liverpool FC.

He still wants to play football at the highest level.

Col
17-05-12, 10:40 PM
Apparently Michael Owen has been reported as saying he will not be rejoining his old club Liverpool FC.

pmsl!!! ;D ;D...he'd be injured anyways :D

goz1960
18-05-12, 07:35 AM

Very good :) :) :)

goz1960
18-05-12, 07:40 AM
Liverpool FC have been granted permission by Wigan Athletic to speak to Roberto Martinez about the vacant manager's job at Anfield.

Latics owner Dave Whelan has confirmed LFC owners Fenway Sports Group have made an approach for the Spaniard as they look to appoint Kenny Dalglish's successor.

"I don’t know the exact timescales of when he is due to meet with the Liverpool owners but I will never stand in Roberto’s way," Whelan said.

Martinez, 38, got Swansea promoted into the Championship before being snapped up by Wigan in 2009.

Last summer Martinez rejected the chance to take over at Aston Villa and enhanced his reputation this season by maintaining Wigan's top flight status.

At one point they appeared doomed to relegation but they took 21 points out of a possible 27 in the last nine games to finish seven points clear of the drop zone.

redken1
18-05-12, 05:39 PM
Apparently, The Liverpool Chairman approached Jose Mourinho and said, “Would you like to meet with a view to becoming our club’s next manager and guide us to a title triumph next season?”

Mourinho replied, “I’m not that f***ing special.”

:D ;) ;D

Kopite
18-05-12, 06:16 PM
The sacking of Kenny is very short sighted. There is no "plan B". If there was they would have another manager lined up. Martinez is not an LFC manager....win rate of 20ish%, not exactly top 4 standard is it! Whoever comes in must have had premiership and euro experience and not be afraid to get rid of players who under perform. Some poor performances from players last season who on paper have the potential to be very good did not help. No one is bigger than the club! (ask Fowler). The return of Benitez is a possibility, but would it be a step back? Could the yanks handle his tough stance on running the club/team? Kenny should have been given another season to get the team playing "the Liverpool way", bring on some more of the youth team and remove the crap. When Kenny took over LFC were 5 points off relegation! I know they did not finish in the top 4 but silverware was won (Carling Cup).
Jamie Carragher is nearing the end of his playing days and would make a good No 2 in time. He could have worked with Kenny and joined the "Boot Room". Speculation about a new manager is interesting and as a Liverpool fan I don't know who to pick! I wish the new manager well and as long as he (or she!) plays attractive football they will have my support.
As for Kenny....you are a legend! YNWA.