View Full Version : Help

bubblylittleme
24-05-12, 08:33 PM
Can anyone help?
My built in Fridge has broken.
The light is still on but its not working

Toph
24-05-12, 08:57 PM
Stupid question Sue... but is the numbered control dial inside the fridge on 4 or 5??

I once slid a pack of bacon in my fridge and it rubbed against the dial turning it to zero and my fridge stopped working.

Apart from that I can't help ..Haven't a clue as to the workings of a fridge ! :D

silly_simon
24-05-12, 09:45 PM
The Mrs says sounds like the thermostat has gone Sue :(

She works in Comet in Trowbridge and says she is sure there is an ex-display one for sale at the moment :)

Rabb
24-05-12, 10:04 PM
Try turning it off - and disconnecting the mains supply for 30 minutes.
Like computers it will go into an automatic reset which may solve the problem.
Not sure this will work but it is worth a try (ours did the same two years ago - and it resolved the problem.
The other thing it could be is that the drain point is frozen which if it has a fan in proximity will not circulate the cold air being produced by the condenser.
If this is the case then you need to let it defrost and clear the drain hole.
You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process - but be very careful obviously water and electricity don't mix too well!
The other thing that it may be is the switch in the door closure mechanism is not being activated (when the fridge is closed) in my experience this is due to excessive weight of food in the door of the fridge - remove the items from the door and check operation of the door switch - it will only circulate cold air when the door is closed - I hope that this helps!!!

Col
24-05-12, 10:06 PM
Can anyone help?

I notice that about some humans :-?

Rabb
24-05-12, 10:08 PM
Can anyone help?

Yep - I'd agree with you there Col

Jon_W
25-05-12, 08:43 AM
Can anyone help?

True! ;D

bubblylittleme
25-05-12, 06:40 PM
The Mrs says sounds like the thermostat has gone Sue :(

She works in Comet in Trowbridge and says she is sure there is an ex-display one for sale at the moment :)

moving next w/e and its a builts in fridge /freezer

bubblylittleme
25-05-12, 06:43 PM
Not sure this will work but it is worth a try (ours did the same two years ago - and it resolved the problem.
The other thing it could be is that the drain point is frozen which if it has a fan in proximity will not circulate the cold air being produced by the condenser.
You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process - but be very careful obviously water and electricity don't mix too well!
The other thing that it may be is the switch in the door closure mechanism is not being activated (when the fridge is closed) in my experience this is due to excessive weight of food in the door of the fridge - remove the items from the door and check operation of the door switch - it will only circulate cold air when the door is closed - I hope that this helps!!!

Its turned off now...let you know in 30 mins if it works

Moo
25-05-12, 09:17 PM

Its turned off now...let you know in 30 mins if it works

Cant contain my excitement it's been over 2 hours now :D

bubblylittleme
25-05-12, 10:57 PM
Rabb...you are fantastic!

IT WORKED!!!!
Thanks

Rabb
26-05-12, 01:29 AM
Glad it worked - I thought it might be as simple as a full reset!
Chuffed for you.

bubblylittleme
26-05-12, 10:37 AM
and its still working fine today.....xx

silly_simon
26-05-12, 07:14 PM
Glad its sorted Sue [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
26-05-12, 08:51 PM
Get anymore problems, and give my mate at Bath Domestic Appliances a call. We had to have a new thermostat in ours a couple of months ago. Cost £40, no problem since. :)

bubblylittleme
27-05-12, 08:36 PM
Get anymore problems, and give my mate at Bath Domestic Appliances a call. We had to have a new thermostat in ours a couple of months ago. Cost £40, no problem since. :)

thanks