PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Is Impossible

Squashed_Fly
26-05-12, 12:00 PM
Been busy again in my home studio, working on another original track. This one is a bit more upbeat. It's called 'Nothing Is Impossible'. Hope you like - please do give me honest feedback and let me know what you think!

Apologies if people are fed up of me posting these, but it's good to get feedback on my stuff from people who aren't biased by being family or really close friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YucjxMr51zs

Dan505
26-05-12, 02:21 PM
not my usual cup of tea as i prefer bit quicker tempo and beat (think nirvana) but can appreciate the cord skills.

try easing into it with a slower rhythm before building into your beat, not tha i know much about music

Col
28-05-12, 10:09 AM
Well I liked it Fly :) can't add 'owt in feedback ..liked the playing higher note perhaps intro was a bit too long but not by much...yeah it is a good song .. 8-)

Dabz
28-05-12, 10:53 AM
isn't that Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something?

Squashed_Fly
28-05-12, 01:01 PM
Similar chords but it's written in the same key so you would expect that. Don't forget, 90% of the worlds greatest songs only use 4 chords!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ

This is
Verse/solo - D, G, A
Pre chorus - Bm, A, G, F#
Chorus - D, F, G.

I agree, they both sound similar for the first chord, but that's because it's the same one! :)

I'm quite happy with the production quality, considering it's just an Ipad app that I've used to do it all. The apoge jam studio connects the guitars to the ipad for recording those parts, and there's a whole heap of built in amps and effects.

Vocals and harmonies are recorded by multilayering, again just using the inbuilt mic on the ipad. Then I've used the drums and bass guitars included with the app for those parts.

At the moment, I'm trying to get enough 'rough' edits down to do an EP, then I have something potentially I could send out to a record label to see if they were interested. If the answer was yes, then I'd get in a studio and record them properly, and get them mastered.

If people like the general, overall sound of my stuff, then I guess there is a reason to continue. So far, no-one has said "it's crap mate, don't give up the day job", so hopefully people aren't just being polite!

That's why honest feedback is appreciated

Dabz
28-05-12, 01:27 PM
the production quality is great - would have loved that kind of equipment back when I was in bands!

It's worth sending some in to local radio stations mate - it's a GREAT feeling having your songs played on radio, trust me :D The best way to get record company attention is to play lots of gigs though - scouts will get you further towards who needs to hear you than sending things in to labels