PDA

View Full Version : Speed traps in Wales??

Swanny
17-06-12, 08:47 PM
While riding along the road from Carmarthen to Abergeveny today I passed a grey Volvo parked on the side of the road with some sort of lenses showing inside rear window.
My initial thought was it was a speed camera but it wasn't in a speed camera van. I know the police in Wales use Volvos so would this have been a speed trap or some sort of road tax type of thing?? It was very stealthy.
Any ideas what it was??

Mitch9128
17-06-12, 08:54 PM
Doggers?

Nelly
17-06-12, 09:14 PM
Was the police indeed. Got tipped off by Trev the taxi (ahem) driver last night that the south Wales boys have three Volvos. One Red, one white & one blue. ...very patriotic.
Saw the red one yesterday who had pulled a nice silver BM ....

Didnt mention a grey one though...

Swanny
17-06-12, 10:02 PM
Could well have been blue
Would they pull you over or would they catch you and send you a letter in the post??
I saw the one yesterday as well that was when we were riding in the rain

Col
17-06-12, 11:58 PM
pathetic ::) about time plod started dealing with the real crime issues like the proliferation of gun toting gangs etc. and sorting out so called 'no go areas' rather than wasting our money piddling about in unmarked fancy cars on the prowl for someone doing a couple of mph over some usually ridiculously arbitrarily low speed :D limit.

It would be a very interesting experiment to abolish all speed limits to actually see what would happen :-?