PDA

View Full Version : You've got a fast car!

Squashed_Fly
19-06-12, 12:04 PM
New one I'm learning for my sets....

See what you think. Feedback welcome, although if it's "your guitar skills aren't as good as Tracy Chapmans", I already know that! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nawF4dH7srQ&feature=plcp

Mitch9128
19-06-12, 12:46 PM
Needs dreads.

Swanny
19-06-12, 01:49 PM
Not bad but you certainly picked a tough one
Tracy Chapman is a bit of a challenge :)

Jon_W
20-06-12, 08:16 AM
Needs dreads.
;D ;D ;D

Harry87
20-06-12, 11:30 AM
Nice, but, you seem to be trying to get it all out too quickly. Tracy sings it with such haunting emotion and you feel the words with him. With you, we don't have time to hear what you say. Slow it down. You can show off your voice more too when you aren't having to rush the lyrics. Your timing is excellent, don't miss a beat, but like I say, it's like you're cramming in the words to get the next line in at the right bar.

wiltshire builders
20-06-12, 12:45 PM
Nice, but, you seem to be trying to get it all out too quickly. Tracy sings it with such haunting emotion and you feel the words with him. With you, we don't have time to hear what you say. Slow it down. You can show off your voice more too when you aren't having to rush the lyrics. Your timing is excellent, don't miss a beat, but like I say, it's like you're cramming in the words to get the next line in at the right bar.
Uhhh ....that dude is actually a chick!

Harry87
20-06-12, 12:58 PM
Uhhh ....that dude is actually a chick!

:-? ;)

Squashed_Fly
20-06-12, 03:00 PM
Lol, yeah Tracy Chapman is definitely a woman!

I know what you mean though. comments noted!

Harry87
20-06-12, 04:30 PM
oh wow, so she is! :D wow again. Stupid brain and it's characteristic presumptions. I feel :-[ :-[ She's done some lovely songs I see!

Squashed_Fly
20-06-12, 05:10 PM
I think most people automatically assume if something is any good, it must have been created by a man! ;D

*Stands back and waits for the abuse!*

Ducatista
26-06-12, 03:16 PM
I think most people automatically assume if something is any good, it must have been created by a man!

Haven't you heard - there are only two things men do better than women.
Cooking and dress design ;)

redken1
26-06-12, 03:47 PM
I think most people automatically assume if something is any good, it must have been created by a man!

Haven't you heard - there are only two things men do better than women.
Cooking and dress design ;)

;D ;D ;D

redken1
26-06-12, 04:45 PM
Great album Aidan. 'Talkin' bout a revolution.' And 'Behind the wall' - powerful lyrics. 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
26-06-12, 04:47 PM
That's right. I do have a fast car.

Thanks for noticing :)

Gerry
26-06-12, 06:07 PM
Brilliant song, best thing she's ever done.

http://youtu.be/Orv_F2HV4gk