PDA

View Full Version : I've been burgled

Goldie
20-06-12, 07:35 PM
Last night, whilst my kids and I were sleeping upstairs, some scumbags broke into my house, nicked 2 laptops, my Mac with all my uni work on, my Canon 500D DSLR & 2 lenses, and my lovingly-cared-for-and-saved-for-years-to-buy BMW 320dSE :'( :'( :'(
The car was last clocked by the police motorway camera heading for the M32 at 3.35am this morning, hasn't been since.

I've attached a pic of the car, keep your eyes peeled please, although I know the odds of it being found is, well, you know. Reg is CV55 OSX.
Yes I am insured and have spent the day sorting it out. The police have been really supportive and here for the most of today, taking prints & photos, etc.

Wucking fankers. I hope whoever did this dies a very slow and painful death. How dare they break into my house and wander around helping themselves to whatever they fancy whilst my kids are upstairs asleep.

I'm leaving for the airport at 1am tonight to catch a plane to Zante with my kids. Thank God we're all okay. I'll deal with the mess when I get home.

Mitch9128
20-06-12, 07:48 PM
Arses, i hope you changed all your passwords for internet logins?

Dabz
20-06-12, 08:40 PM
Awful news Goldie :(

Dan505
20-06-12, 08:58 PM
rough news Tina, try and enjoy your holiday as best you can,

hope the scroats are caught and buggered senseless in a ropey english gaol

Mark_Able
20-06-12, 09:02 PM
Enjoy your holiday mrs. It's bloody awful, but it's the society we live in. Sometimes it just makes you want to stop the world and get off... :(

Nelly
20-06-12, 09:05 PM
Bastards. Try and have a good holiday :(

xx

Lou
20-06-12, 09:09 PM
Cannot image how you must be feeling, but thank god you are all safe xxxx

Geordie Stu
20-06-12, 09:15 PM
Scum bags. >:( >:(

Try & enjoy your Hols.

SupeRDel
20-06-12, 09:18 PM
Tiz standard burglary. Someone steals a car in Bristol and drives it here (or anywhere)

They burgle a house then take the car to go home in. The car is not listed as stolen till the morning so will not be suspicious

diwallace67
20-06-12, 09:40 PM
So sorry to hear, thank goodness you are all safe.....possessions I know have sentimental value but can be replaced.
As others have said try to have a great hol with your loved ones
Xxx

voodoo
20-06-12, 10:13 PM
what utter bar stewards >:(

glad to hear you're all safe though

BB
20-06-12, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear this

BB

Kevinb
21-06-12, 08:48 AM
Sorry to here this as wll.
Anything knicked that would send out a GPRS signal that could be traced?
Enjoy your holiday and like you say forget about it until you get back

DC
21-06-12, 09:18 AM
Really sorry to hear about that Goldie :( try to have a good holiday with your kids !!! :)

Swanny
21-06-12, 12:35 PM
Bastards!! Sorry to hear this Goldie
I know exactly how you feel I had the same thing happen to me many years ago.

Thieves are without doubt the lowest form of life >:(
It pisses me off that people think it's ok for them to take something that doesn't belong to them. Hope you get your stuff back and these scum get their just deserves

Have a good holiday, just focus on what you're doing and who you're with not this ****ty stuff :)

Ducatista
21-06-12, 01:26 PM
How dare they break into my house and wander around helping themselves to whatever they fancy whilst my kids are upstairs asleep.

My sympathies, this is awful.

lolliver
21-06-12, 02:02 PM
So sorry to hear that Goldie. Really hope that it all gets recovered in one piece for you. Try and enjoy your break in Zante anyway.

hope the scroats are caught and buggered senseless in a ropey english gaol

+1

redken1
21-06-12, 06:48 PM
Really sorry to hear that Goldie. I know it won't be easy, but I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Stewboy
21-06-12, 08:13 PM
They should be...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12075/Ak47Cat.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Col
21-06-12, 09:09 PM
Welcome to the world the wet weekend idiots have foisted on us--probably 'they' had a poor childhood [1990s were really hard] nicking from peasants in their area but have now moved onto nicking cars and stealing in more affluent areas.

:-? Maybe they are an import that the EU imbeciles insist must be allowed in and our idiot politicos do nothing about [I know utterly ridiculous suggestion :-X ] :P

Of course the cynic in me believes nothing that would certainly reduce crime is ever going to be done because it creates so much 'work/business/paper shuffling/ overpaid lawyers/ good political soundbite twaddle/ etc,etc' what would we do with all these unemployeds :D

--little souls ahhhh bless 'em all ::)

Plod got the car yet ? They got no idea which scum it is then Goldie ?
Sorry to read this and won't be easy to get over but try and have a good hols at least

Marmalade
24-06-12, 11:01 AM
Gutted for you. I'd go insane if it happened to me.

Can only hope they get horribly killed. catching them will do bugger all to help.

Goldie
25-06-12, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really struggling to sleep, even over here, no news yet altho my MacBook has been locked via icloud meaning the bastards have at least booted it up, although to enable tracking it they need to attempt to access the net via the guest account. Fingers crossed. As for everything else, I will never be able to afford to replace it, I'm a student - ironically, studying social work. Leaves me wondering why Im bothering tbh.
Anyway, we are enjoying the sun. Just wish I could switch my head off :( x

Col
25-06-12, 06:37 PM
I asked a student once why we had social workers?

His answer being 'to help people who need help'!!!

After pointing out to him that they didn't actually exist ,as such, until well after WW2 I suggested that there were so many because society has increasing numbers of problem groups that they can deal with due to a general decline in social cohesion and family structure over the years........ :-? he got the idea

Yes Goldie this could be ,psychologically, a huge event to overcome and victims have moved home after something like this as the overwhelming feelings of having been 'violated' prevent them [the victims] from ever being at ease in their own home :(

Dan505
25-06-12, 10:54 PM
I know it aint easy but try put it aside till you return. Let me know if there's anything i can do to help Tina

jpssantos
27-06-12, 11:51 PM
bastards!!!

and my mrs still wonders why i sleep with my shotgun within reach!