PDA

View Full Version : Who are the real anarchists?

redken1
02-07-12, 10:08 AM
One of today’s breaking news items;

“Police expect a repeat of last summer's riots and are concerned about how budget cuts will affect their ability to deal with the unrest, according to a study into the disorder.”

“The majority of officers caught up in August's unrest believe similar rioting is likely, with many citing worsening social and economic conditions as the potential cause, the survey found.
They also fear their forces do not have the resources to cope with unrest on a similar scale.”

I would not be surprised if the police were unable to cope should their prediction come to fruition.

There are too many police officers tied up investigating alleged crimes committed by the self-appointed guardians of morality; high ranking Met Officers, Journalists and Media Editorial Staff, Members of Parliament, Wealthy Bankers and so on.

Mitch9128
02-07-12, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't call the rioters anarchists, they were just criminals, real anarchists are not criminal.

redken1
02-07-12, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't call the rioters anarchists, they were just criminals, real anarchists are not criminal.

Nor did I Mitch. It was meant to be a provocative question.

Kevinb
02-07-12, 01:15 PM
One of today’s breaking news items;

“Police expect a repeat of last summer's riots and are concerned about how budget cuts will affect their ability to deal with the unrest, according to a study into the disorder.”

“The majority of officers caught up in August's unrest believe similar rioting is likely, with many citing worsening social and economic conditions as the potential cause, the survey found.
They also fear their forces do not have the resources to cope with unrest on a similar scale.”

I would not be surprised if the police were unable to cope should their prediction come to fruition.

There are too many police officers tied up investigating alleged crimes committed by the self-appointed guardians of morality; high ranking Met Officers, Journalists and Media Editorial Staff, Members of Parliament, Wealthy Bankers and so on.

Surely it wouldn't take many police with guns to sort them out. One shot between the eyes. Job done. Cheap & cheerful (especially cheerful for those who have lost property)

Mitch9128
02-07-12, 08:19 PM

Nor did I Mitch. It was meant to be a provocative question.

Careful Ken, you get called an anarchist round these 'ere parts if you buy the Observer ;)

cornishbob
02-07-12, 09:25 PM
surely anarchy is a situation where a society as a whole can function without the need of hierarchical force (law).
so...
rioters are by definition not anarchists because they are using force (albeit non lawful) and not acting for the common good or with common agreement.

no one who acts independantly can be called an anarchist.
it is society that has labelled people wrongly as anarchists for not following the ideology that is prevelent or that they themselves subscribe to.

so as far as i can see (and i am short sighted) it should be the silent majority that are as close as you can get to anarchism. though by following that afore mentioned hierarchical system (the legal system and modern social correctness) they too disqualify themselves.