PDA

View Full Version : Tony Robinson calls out British banking system.

Swanny
01-07-12, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ugGJv57F3k

Aired 30/7/2012. Actor and broadcaster, Tony Robinson has said that he no longer has any respect for British bankers and the British banking system.

Speaking after Barclays was fined £290m for manipulating banking interest rates, Robinson catalogued how the banks had let down the country for their own interests. Watch more on the Question Time website.

Nice one Tony

redken1
02-07-12, 08:14 AM
"Should I stay or should I go now?"

"Sign on you crazy Diamond!"

;)

Last Train
02-07-12, 08:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qLPdI7bZnI

;D

t3scn
02-07-12, 05:47 PM
Love it, he gets quite animated too! [smiley=beer.gif]

Ducatista
03-07-12, 04:09 PM
Another one for you ken :-)

Col
03-07-12, 04:39 PM
This bloke is Labour so very funny him waffling on considering his chums Brown and Balls ,plus a few others no doubt, are expected to face enquiry questions over the bank rate shock horror :P

Always thought banks set this lending rate anyway who ,last I knew, were private businesses so bit lost on all the excitement about business making money :o :o..

pub open ;D

redken1
03-07-12, 07:43 PM
RBS private business Col? 82% state owned.

Don’t bother singling out any big names from any of the 3 mainstream right-wing capitalist parties. It will come to pass, “They are all in this together.” I’m rarely wrong on such matters. [smiley=cheesy.gif] ::)

Keep em coming Ducatista. Keep loading my gun and I’ll keep firing it. :) :) :)

Diamonds aren’t forever after all. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

redken1
03-07-12, 08:28 PM
On a serious note, I predict the government will not sanction a public enquiry in to the banking scandal. Too much dirty washing and too many implicated to allow this to turn into a long running soap opera.

A politician heading a parliamentary enquiry into the banking fiasco is like appointing Peter Sutcliffe governor of Broadmoor?

Col
03-07-12, 09:37 PM
RBS private business Col? 82% state owned.

Diamonds aren’t forever after all. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Yeah I know it should have sunk along with Norfen Rocky except Labour decided to bail the wasters out and lumber the rest of us with more taxation...unnecessarily :( I guess you know I meant in the normal run of things ---anyway they are still members of Bank Association or whatever it's called now so have input into lending rate...fail to see how one bank can manipulate the rates though but ,obviously, has somehow :-?

;D love the diamond comment Ken

that is somat else when the bloke who jumped ship crawls back to run the bloody thing as though Barclays hasn't got another gimp on the payroll to do it which is unbelievable :o

Is Rossi past it ...and is Bautista going to be fined for utter **** riding ...These are the BIG questions...can Crutchlow do more than look at podiums like maybe even get a place on one :D :D so many questions so little time ;)

Wes
03-07-12, 09:51 PM
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab216/wesrrw/Lloyds_468x4481.jpg

DC
03-07-12, 10:16 PM
Love it Baldric !!!

redken1
03-07-12, 10:55 PM
Top TV comebacks of all time?

Some older WB members may recall Dallas the cult soap of the 80s about a family of wealthy Texan oil barons and then modern day cowboys. The show enjoyed record viewing figures and one of the highlights came in the last episode of the 1st series when one of the main characters, Bobby Ewing gets run over and dies, which you would think was, well, final. Not so, the Hollywood scriptwriters weaved their magic and resurrected him for the next series.

Fast-forward just over quarter of a century and the London version of Dallas, Barclays, although great viewing is less believable than its American equivalent of the past. Apart from the fact that Dallas centred on the oil industry and Barclays, banking, both shows follow a similar theme.

The main characters manipulate their respective markets, engage in underhand deals and double-cross their clients making Billions of dollars (£s) along the way. In the latest episode of Barclays, the lead character Bobby is axed from the show. The Westminster script writers are keeping viewers in suspense and the cause of his demise close to their chests. Was he shot? Has he been taken to the newly named Elizabeth ll tower (formerly ‘Big Ben’?)

The Westminster writers of the show just might surprise us all and Bobby may make a comeback to join the rest of the cowboys in Barclays. Tune into tomorrow’s show to find out.

‘That’s all folks!’
:P :P :P

redken1
05-07-12, 05:56 PM
On a serious note, I predict the government will not sanction a public enquiry in to the banking scandal. Too much dirty washing and too many implicated to allow this to turn into a long running soap opera.

A politician heading a parliamentary enquiry into the banking fiasco is like appointing Peter Sutcliffe governor of Broadmoor?

"Commons backs government plan for joint committee of MPs and peers to investigate banking industry. There will not now be a public inquiry into the behaviour of bankers in this country."

Surprise! Surprise!

Col
05-07-12, 11:03 PM
There is going to be a new Dallas series launched :)