PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in Leigh?

Nooj
03-07-12, 09:30 PM
The Missus knows someone who's thinking of buying this place. They're currently working and living in Dublin and know nothing about the area where the house is. Any info about the area will be appreciated :-)

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/15960876?search_identifier=e361e9408fda10703d55f42 f73a13351

Jacde
04-07-12, 11:44 AM
Hi Nooj,
This isn't that far from me in north Swindon, about 10 minutes by road.

What they haven't shown is this house is right on the crossroads which are signal controlled.
The immediate area is all agriculture, but there is a quarry somewhere nearby so it won't just be farm vehicles going past their door. Road can be busy at times.
It's on the main road from Cricklade to Mintey, Cricklade is about 5 minutes by road, small town, sports centre and pool, access to the A419, some shops, couple of pubs.,Mintey, a couple of minutes, small village, pub, good infant/primary school. Cirencester, larger town, shops, cottage hospital, small industrial estate, schools, would be about 15 minutes by road.
Is there anything specfic that Deb's friends are interested in finding out?

Swanny
04-07-12, 05:50 PM
Nice looking place but Jacde has said enough to put me off ;D

Nooj
07-07-12, 12:33 PM
Thanks, Jac! Will pass it on.

She will be working from home, he will be working in Reading, they need room for horses there. I think the local schools will be workable for their kids from what I've been told. They're not short of a few quid. Don't know much more than that.

Jacde
07-07-12, 12:42 PM
Don't know about school catchment areas, secondary school could be Cirencester or Swindon, or even Malmesbury. and I guess the same for primary, I have a friend who lives in Mintey and could ask her about the primary school.
To get to Reading, drive to Cricklade, through it onto A419, down to M4 jct 15 to Reading, if you're Lucky you might do that journey in about an hour.