PDA

View Full Version : Any electricians

bubblylittleme
16-07-12, 05:48 PM
As a lot of you know I have moved to Swindon. There are lots of switches all over house, one saying in red felt tip pen DO NOT TURN OFF.
I need someone to tell me what they are al for.

Also I would like some new sockets put in Marys bedroom and in the kitchen.

njl
16-07-12, 07:18 PM
I can reccomend someone if you get stuck, he can be fairly busy at times though.

wiltshire builders
17-07-12, 11:53 AM
I think nightwatcher is. If he cant help I know quite a few.

Crosbie
18-07-12, 12:45 PM
As a lot of you know I have moved to Swindon. There are lots of switches all over house, one saying in red felt tip pen DO NOT TURN OFF.
I need someone to tell me what they are al for.

Also I would like some new sockets put in Marys bedroom and in the kitchen.

dont turn off is better than something saying dont turn on (that usually means your get a little shock if you do lol)

I suspect the one not to be switched off will be either for an immersion heater, boiler unit or similar item. Have a check and see what is in the immediate area of the switch.

I am supprised you have them all over the house - if it is a fused connection unit they are used to supply fixed equipment like boilers, water heaters, electric heaters (storage and panel heaters) sometimes an external socket. if your able to take a photo or one or two (not zoomed in though so i can see the position of the switch in relation to other things i may be able to help further)

If you want new sockets in the kitchen you will need a Part P electrician to do that to comply with building regulations as its classed as a special location under BS7671 (the wiring regs).

Sockets in your bedroom can be done by an unqualified person (ideally who has knowledge or understanding of electrics) and is very easy to do.

Dennis_Sinanan
05-06-13, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a qualified electrician to fit a new ceramic cooker and oven in Melksham.
Currently using a gas hob and an electric oven, so going all electric.

Is anyone on here qualified to do this or can you recommend anyone.

Ideally, I would like to tackle this on Friday 7th June or Saturday is possible, but I am prepared to be flexible if needed.
Dennis