PDA

View Full Version : Numbers in 2012

Swanny
25-07-12, 08:27 AM
21 Vs 1. The US economy is growing at 1.1% and debts are growing at 21% annually.

85,000 is the number of people applying for Social Security disability every month. 80,000 is the number of jobs created every month.

10,000 is the number of Americans applying for Social Security retirement every day.

1,000,000 The US is creating fewer than one million jobs a year while allowing 1,200,000 legal immigrants and an unknown number of illegal immigrants.

577,000 is the number of state and local civil service workers laid off ever a 2 year period.

400,000 Americans are being added to the Food Stamp rolls every month.

100,000,000 Americans are below the poverty line which is statistically manipulated by using medical costs from 1955 to make the cost of living appear to be lower than it is.

40 days is how long Spain has before it runs out of cash. Spanish regional and local governments are demanding bailouts.

10 is the number of cities in Italy that have gone bankrupt.

225 trillion is the minimum amount of money estimated US banks will owe on insurance claims for those unregulated CDS they sold to insure those European bonds.

2,000,000 dollars is your share of that 225 trillion which is covered by FDIC bank insurance if you have a fulltime job.

14,500 is the number of new subsidiaries the largest 7 US banks have created in recent years to hide their gains and to reduce their taxes.

51% is the percentage of last year’s college graduates with fulltime jobs.

27,000 dollars a year is the average wage of last year’s college graduates with fulltime jobs.

$12.27 per hour is the average wage of last year’s college graduates with fulltime jobs.

Zero is the probability that college graduates making $12.27 an hour will pay off that trillion dollars they owe in student debt.

21 trillion dollars is the amount of money hidden in offshore accounts by the wealthy elite.

40 is the percentage of job losses that pay high wages but only 14% of recent growth pays high wages

67 percent is how much the cost of living increased from 1990 – 2010, while wages have stagnated and declined.

80 %. is how much worker productivity increased from 1975 – 2010,

500% is how much the income of the top 0.01% (one-hundredth of one percent) rose/ in that same period.

46.9 trillion dollars is how much US millionaire households now have in wealth if you include offshore bank deposits. They are projected to have over $100 trillion in total wealth within the next decade.

1.41 million is the number of Americans who filed for personal bankruptcy in 2010. That number is down because lawyers tell us their clients do not have the money to pay the fees to file.

60% of all personal bankruptcies are the result of medical bills.

75% of the medical bankruptcies filed are from people who have health insurance.

27.3% Vs 8.9% Corporate tax accounted for 27.3% of federal revenue in 1955 vs 8.9% in 2010. Corporate taxes accounted for 4.3% of overall GDP in 1955. In 2010 they accounted for only 1.3%.

4% of the world’s population are living in the US, America has 25% of the world’s prison population.

775,000 deaths in the US in 2000 could be attributed to poverty. That is easily over 1,400,000 today.

30,000 is the number of drones the federal government plans to use to spy on Americans. Most of these will be armed.

460 million is the number of 40 caliber hollow point bullets the DHS is planning to purchase. These hollow points are illegal to be used in combat against foreign troops.

500 billion dollars is how much Asia Times says the banks launder each year in political bribes.

100,000 is the number of people who currently die every year from heroin overdoses. This number has grown exponentially since the US invasion of Afghanistan.

14.5 years is the average age of first time heroin users in America now that massive US imports of opium from Afghanistan have lowered the price.

179 million dollars is the cost of a Global Hawk surveillance drone which is a pilotless version of the U2 spy plane. It has a compartment that can carry 3,000 loads of opium paste from Balochistan to regions outside the area.

50,000 metric tons is the weight of one trillion dollars in $20 bills. A metric ton is 2,240 pounds so the banks are laundering more than 10,000 tons of money each week from human traffickers, drug and runners plus all those bribes from the politicians. That would be 10,000 US tons a week if the bankers weren’t using wire transfers.

20% Vs 95%. Iranian nuclear fuel enrichment is 25% which can make cancer medication but is nowhere near the 95% required to make a nuclear weapon.

1322 and 130. 130 miles is the range of Iranian rocket artillery. 1,322 pounds is the weight of the warhead of Iran’s rocket artillery. How many direct hits from those 1,322 pound artillery shells do you think American politicians would be willing to take for Israel if they were forced to serve on ahips in the Persian Gulf?

150,000 is the number of missiles Iran, Syria and Hezbollah have which they will launch if they are attacked either by the US or Israel. Israeli sources have claimed that the real number is 175,000.

35 and 20. There are 35 US military bases near Iran which are within 5 minutes of destruction by Iranian missiles with fuel air explosive warheads. 20 US military bases are in Turkey near Syria and are within 5 minutes of destruction by Syrian missiles with fuel air explosive warheads.

5 minutes is the life expectancy of American sailors

Snowy
25-07-12, 09:34 AM
Someone's got too much time on their hands ;D ;D

Don't believe the 5 mins life expectancy for US sailors though......

Geordie Stu
25-07-12, 10:03 AM
That took me about 5 minutes to read & digest, 5 minutes I won't get back :D

redken1
25-07-12, 01:35 PM
I never thought I would see the worldwide collapse of the capitalist system in my lifetime, the more I read everyday the more I think it could be a distinct possibility.

Great article in the Guardian yesterday on the Localism act (Big Society) which the paper suggests could be Cameron’s ‘poll-tax’. Has only been passed to local authorities across the land about now. Been scrutinising it with a keen eye and we can look forward to some unprecedented cuts. Complete dismantling of state provision near enough. Be interesting to see when Joe Public draws the proverbial line in the sand.

I know a lot of people on here find this boring, but it’s worth remembering that everyone or someone you know will be affected by the proposed cuts in some way. Unless you are in the top 20% of earners bracket of course.

Off out on the bike.

Dan505
25-07-12, 03:12 PM
i'm off to live in the woods and b#ll#cks to this constant nonsense from the gov

Nelly
25-07-12, 03:35 PM

That's got to be horse ****. Unless they fall overboard! ;D

Last Train
25-07-12, 03:41 PM
He wasn't wrong you know.... just paraphrase to suit the now

Martin Niemöller (http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007392)

Mitch9128
25-07-12, 04:19 PM
105 deg C is the temp my fan comes on the bike, 30+ on my back in full leathers, crawling through Devizes, they come on and blow all that heat on me...

voodoo
25-07-12, 06:42 PM
i'm off to live in the woods and b#ll#cks to this constant nonsense from the gov

amen brother [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Swanny
26-07-12, 08:58 AM

That's got to be horse ****. Unless they fall overboard! ;D
Or they are on the USS Enterprise, they are going to sink that and blame it on Iran

Dan505
26-07-12, 10:12 AM
105 deg C is the temp my fan comes on the bike, 30+ on my back in full leathers, crawling through Devizes, they come on and blow all that heat on me...

all over tannage then, lucky man

Scotty
26-07-12, 12:57 PM

all over tannage then, lucky man
All over sweatage more like... tanning comes from exposure to UV rays, not heat. The legions of skin crayons riding around this week with no protection aside from a helmet will be getting decent tans, until a minor spill wipes off several millimetres of skin, flesh, and possibly bone, won't look quite so nice then... :'(

Dan505
26-07-12, 01:01 PM
passed a guy other day with no gloves & just a t-shirt and shorts with some 'deck' shoes! :o

Kevinb
26-07-12, 02:22 PM
You must wear protection on the bike whether it's ribbed or favoured ;D

Airflow jackets are a must in this weather

StreetHippo
27-07-12, 12:14 AM
There are lies, damn lies and then statistics!!

PS: Global hawk is nothing like a U2.

Stu 8-)

Dan505
27-07-12, 10:15 AM
80% of statistics are made up..... :P