PDA

View Full Version : IT wizards

Mitch9128
26-07-12, 05:16 PM
Explain this: I go onto 'Master Tec' website, just to browse and see where his Devizes workshop is, then i go onto Facebork, and it's got 'Keith Goldsmith' on the right hand side, asking if i know him. Now HOW THE F*CK does that work? I understand cookies, but this is summat else, shall i don my tinfoil hat?

wiltshire builders
26-07-12, 05:22 PM
We all know what you're really thinking and the answer is 'YES' they do know about those other sites you've been looking at! :o

Conehead
26-07-12, 05:43 PM
Not entirely sure how it does it but it does something along the lines of checking all your friends then cross referencing them with their friends and so on till it comes up with a list......

Now i will go sit in the corner with my dunce cap on whilst sucking my thumb. 8-)

@bj
26-07-12, 05:55 PM
Oh Dude...

They've marked your card now - forget the tin foil - you need metal shutters on your windows...

Dabz
26-07-12, 07:14 PM
It's called re-marketing. Do you leave yourself logged in to Facebook? It's very clever..we do it at work. If you view our website, then you'll see our adverts more often on other sites because of cookies so you get used to seeing the brand

Jon_W
27-07-12, 11:31 AM
Explain this: I go onto 'Master Tec' website, just to browse and see where his Devizes workshop is, then i go onto Facebork, and it's got 'Keith Goldsmith' on the right hand side, asking if i know him. Now HOW THE F*CK does that work? I understand cookies, but this is summat else, shall i don my tinfoil hat?

Witchcraft....... Where's me bonfire!!!!!! :D