PDA

View Full Version : Bristol drivers.

Mark_Able
02-08-12, 09:07 PM
I hate Bristol drivers. I don't like many drivers, but Bristol drivers take the biscuit. There I am, sat at traffic lights waiting to turn left, with my two learners behind me. A van approaches from behind. He pauses for a moment, then creeps down the outside and pulls alongside me. He's not indicating either way. I know what's going to happen next. The lights change, I pull away normally, and so does he, and then he turns left across me. As I round the corner there is a car that has just reversed out of his driveway and is blocking the road, so I try to get in front of the van driving twat so that I don't get sandwiched in. He then very nearly side-swipes me as he goes for the pass anyway (making on-coming cars swerve out of his way), floors it to the next traffic light controlled roundabout where the lights are on red, and goes through two sets of lights on red. Sometimes I wish I had missile launchers on my bike... >:( >:( >:(

cerruti
02-08-12, 09:15 PM
They are bloody twats aren't they >:(

I take my life into my own hands on the daily commute to Bristol - truly some of the worst driving ever and its nearly always the white vans (or the 40 tonne trucks) ::)

Good news on my bike btw, the 3rd party's insurer has admitted liability and my insurance co has now authorised the repairs on my bike... Bristol kawasaki have ordered the bits and I should have my bike back sometime next week (fingers crossed).

Not such good news on my knee though, went to the docs this evening and Ive done some damage there :'(

Mark_Able
02-08-12, 09:20 PM
Where there's blaim, there's a claim... ;)

cerruti
02-08-12, 09:22 PM
I dont care about that, I just want my bike back. Not enjoying the Bandit one bit.

Mark_Able
02-08-12, 09:27 PM
Yeah right. I still think that commuting by bike is the best way to get in and around Bristol, but it's annoying that there are so many drivers on the road that genuinely don't seem to care how they drive. They have no time or patience to drive in a way that shows any kind of consideration towards their fellow motorists. Get rid of these waste of money speed cameras, and put more coppers on the roads.

Swanny
02-08-12, 10:16 PM
I hate driving in Bristol with a passion. I try to avoid it as much as possible yet I have been there at least 4 times this year because of my bike :-/

Nelly
02-08-12, 10:47 PM
and i shall be doing on saturday. Wish me luck.. :o Can't stand the bloody place! >:(

wasted_ace
03-08-12, 01:38 AM
Try living here :'( :'( :'( :'(

Geordie Stu
03-08-12, 10:49 AM
No matter how much we try to make our selves visble, people will still be blind to the fact we are there. Then if he'd knocked you off "SMIDSY" & notch up another statistic for motorcycles being dangerous.

Jon_W
03-08-12, 01:29 PM
Never had any problems in Bristol.... usually get issues with dreamers in Bath drifting about looking at the scenery rather than the road.

Wes
03-08-12, 07:04 PM
Ive always found Bristol to be no different to any major cities, London is crazy, but the traffic has some degree of organised chaos, if you want driving at its worst, go to Birmingham, compared to there Bristols a gem :)

BB
03-08-12, 07:20 PM
I had a mate who grew up in Trowvegas and moved to London. Quite happy driving in London but refused to drive in Bristol. Said they were all idiots in Bristol and he felt safer in London! :D

BB

Swanny
03-08-12, 07:49 PM
Ive always found Bristol to be no different to any major cities, London is crazy, but the traffic has some degree of organised chaos, if you want driving at its worst, go to Birmingham, compared to there Bristols a gem :)
That's because they were trained to drive in India ;D

Wes
03-08-12, 08:47 PM
That's because they were trained to drive in India ;D
;D

Mark_Able
03-08-12, 09:17 PM
I had a mate who grew up in Trowvegas and moved to London. Quite happy driving in London but refused to drive in Bristol. Said they were all idiots in Bristol and he felt safer in London! :D

BB

I totally agree with him. Spent most my yoof around London, and would say it's easier to deal with than Bristol. At least in London everyone drives the same. Homicidally fast. In Bristol you get a bad mix of country bumpkin, city driver, and drugged-up/pissed-up/spaced-out/homicidal/prostitute/drug pushing/rapist/house burglaring/car stealing chavvy twat. I might have gone a bit far with that last statement... ::)

Loops
03-08-12, 09:21 PM
The odd run into Bristol does help hone your riding concentraton! I actually enjoyed my run into and out this evening, but then that is the first time I've done it this year! ;D

redken1
03-08-12, 09:32 PM
Blimey! No one has mentioned 'benefit scroungers.' Maybe they can't be blamed for everything after all. ;) :P ;D

Rabb
08-08-12, 10:30 PM

BB

I totally agree with him. Spent most my yoof around London, and would say it's easier to deal with than Bristol. At least in London everyone drives the same. Homicidally fast. In Bristol you get a bad mix of country bumpkin, city driver, and drugged-up/pissed-up/spaced-out/homicidal/prostitute/drug pushing/rapist/house burglaring/car stealing chavvy twat. I might have gone a bit far with that last statement... ::)

I have driven in all of the major cities of the UK and have found that Bristol is by far the worst !
London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool & Glasgow are a doddle by comparison.
I used to do 50-70000 miles a year - so this is gleamed from lots of city driving experience.

Col
08-08-12, 10:47 PM
alreet me luvvers beep beep :D

Wes
09-08-12, 06:41 PM
;D