PDA

View Full Version : Ollies Fund - Car Boot Sale

Nelly
08-05-12, 09:12 PM
As part of the drive to raise cash for Ollie's fund. I intend to do a car boot sale at Castle Combe during the summer. The PR director at the track has given me permission to put a couple of bikes next to our table(s) to draw attention to it.
Now i have a few things that i can move on and hopefully raise a few pounds, but i need more! If you have been rummaging around lately and are on the verge of throwing out stuff that you no longer need, wait!!!!
If you would like to donate it to the car boot sale i will gladly take it off your hands. I will come and collect anything that you might feel you would like to offload or i will be at the H&C most Wednesdays and i'll take it off your hands there. Remember, your junk maybe someone else's treasure. Just send me a PM with a list of stuff you may have and your address and i'll come round and collect.
Also...if you would like to put your bike next to the table or help out on the day, drop me a line.
Thanks guys

njl
08-05-12, 09:19 PM
I haven't got a list as such but would gladly pass some stuff over to you, this isn't bike or auto specific - any general stuff is fine too?

If you want to warn me if you are in Swindon in 4 wheels perhaps I can put some stuff together?

Nelly
08-05-12, 09:59 PM
Cheers Nick it'll be an anything sale. I can come over anytime. Just let me know when and i'll be there, :)
You're a star

voodoo
08-05-12, 09:59 PM
Happy to lend a hand / bike if it's a day that I'm free

goz1960
08-05-12, 10:00 PM
What a great idea hope I can help in some way.

Beamer
08-05-12, 10:17 PM
Always happy to help.....I may not be able to offer much in the financial department but I will always offer some time.

I shall have a root about...am sure theres an old golf bag lying around hehe

I have a box full of childrens video's (or Connor has) if you want those ??

:) :)

Dabz
09-05-12, 08:48 AM
Happy to help out and will hunt round family/friends/work for bits to donate

Jacde
09-05-12, 04:53 PM
Nelly, when you know the date let me know as I'll come and help you at the Boot sale (just so long as I'm not working!).
I'm sure I can find some bits to sell as well. :)

Dabz
09-05-12, 08:09 PM
Are we allowed to sell home made cakes at boot sales these days?

Loops
09-05-12, 09:58 PM
If we are that's something I CAN help with! 8-)

Will have a look round the house too, probably got a few bit and bobs (especially books I expect!)

Dan505
09-05-12, 10:07 PM
got some bits you can have, give me advance warning when your down and i'll fetch it out for you

Snowy
09-05-12, 10:32 PM
Let me know the date when you can Nelly - I can plonk a Beemer at the stand. Sure I can find something for the stall as well if you're not too choosy ;)

Jacde
10-05-12, 12:01 AM
If it helps, Swindon based folk can drop bits off at my place and I can drop it off to Nelly :)

njl
10-05-12, 01:22 PM
If it helps, Swindon based folk can drop bits off at my place and I can drop it off to Nelly :)

Are you about tomorrow lunchtime by chance, as I may be able to drop some stuff over then

Caz
10-05-12, 01:47 PM
I have a few bits and would be glad to help :)

Nelly
10-05-12, 03:07 PM

Thanks Jacde xx

wiltshire builders
10-05-12, 03:10 PM
Just going into the loft now......

wiltshire builders
12-05-12, 10:18 AM
Not much i'm afraid but my girlfriend has a tonne of clothes some never even worn. Would they be any good?

Nelly
12-05-12, 11:05 AM
Not much i'm afraid but my girlfriend has a tonne of clothes some never even worn. Would they be any good?

Anything accepted fella :)

chrissy
12-05-12, 12:14 PM
give me a shout wen it is and i will be glad to come and help i will also sort some things out to sell also if u need me to help go and pick up things from ppl i dont mind fulling my car up as its a 7seater so so i got plenty of room xxxx

Nelly
12-05-12, 03:55 PM
give me a shout wen it is and i will be glad to come and help i will also sort some things out to sell also if u need me to help go and pick up things from ppl i dont mind fulling my car up as its a 7seater so so i got plenty of room xxxx

thanks chrissy x

bubblylittleme
13-05-12, 06:33 PM
Have a some left over from today's car boot sale.... welcome to it but can it be collected please as I can't lift..

Nelly
13-05-12, 07:49 PM
yup sue, i can sort that :)

bubblylittleme
14-05-12, 03:39 PM
let me know when ...

Col
14-05-12, 04:48 PM
When is it ?

Pretty sure I gotta couple of old type tv - 1 small screen 'n 1 32 in. - would people want them?

see if owt else

Jacde
14-05-12, 08:06 PM

Are you about tomorrow lunchtime by chance, as I may be able to drop some stuff over then

Sorry I missed this post Nick, I'm home in the evenings this week, if you want to pop over, then anytime after 7:30pm will be good.

CharleyX
14-05-12, 08:27 PM
Nelly Happy to pop my Bonnie on the stand and help on the day selling or just drumming up business !!!

For sure i will have a few treasures to offer !!! lol
Also happy to make cookies to sell 8-) 8-)

ScooterMan
18-05-12, 08:29 PM
You can have my Vespa GTS 250 on the stand... it might pull someone to the table......... ::) ::)

Beamer
27-05-12, 08:55 PM
What date will this be ?? I have sort of glanced at the previous pages but I dont seem to be taking much in right now lol ...... ;D ;D

Nelly
29-05-12, 09:46 AM
Right. BUMP BUMP BUMP. I'm back and on the case. Who's got stuff they want picking up? I'll get me arse in gear and get over to see you. I'll figure out which day it is going to be and post up in the next couple of days.

Red Zed 1
03-06-12, 08:17 PM
What date will this be ?? I have sort of glanced at the previous pages but I dont seem to be taking much in right now lol ...... ;D ;D
just checked castle coombe page and available boot sale dates are june 10,july 8,aug 12,sept 9,oct 21,was talking to nelly and dabs at bikesafe and they were hoping to do july 29,but there is no c/c boot sale then so when/where they plan to do it i dont know..

Dabz
03-06-12, 08:28 PM
We're going for 12th August mate :)

Nelly
03-06-12, 08:37 PM
I got a pile of stuff already! More welcome :)

Goldie
05-06-12, 03:40 PM
I'll have a dig about in the garage see what ~i can find :D Oh, and if cooking is okay, I make a mean cake/biccies :D Might even be able to help out on the day too, depending on squids. :D

Senna(Dan)
06-06-12, 03:24 AM
Just stay away from your sons helmet T and the punters should be safe.
I have raided what I haven't packed Nelly, so when I get chance I will bring it down.

Nelly
06-06-12, 07:14 AM
thanks guys :)

Jacde
06-06-12, 03:31 PM
Nelly, got some stuff and collecting more tomorrow, can I drop it off to early next week please?
Plus should be able to help out on the 12 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
07-06-12, 01:55 PM
Nelly, got some stuff and collecting more tomorrow, can I drop it off to early next week please?
Plus should be able to help out on the 12 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bless ya Jackie course you can bring it over, kettle will be on :)

Nelly
05-08-12, 09:45 AM
Anybody got a couple of those foldy-up tables that they can lend me for next weekend please?

Nelly
05-08-12, 05:52 PM
Car boot sale is this Sunday morning. James has said he will help out for sure. Anybody else fancy getting up at stupid o'clock to get to the Circuit by 7.30?
We are allowed 2 bikes on the pitch which is at camp corner end. Who wants to bring a bike?
I have loads of stuff already to sell and i'd like to thank the following for the donations.
Bubblylittleme, Loops, Jacde, NickL, Wes, Jane, Les, Beemer and Bonnielass. If i have forgotton anyone, please forgive me. Big thanks also to Smellygerm for his van at the weekend. (promise i wont break it :))
Still looking for a couple of folding tables for the gig. If anyone would be willing to lend me one, please drop me a line.

Dabz
05-08-12, 06:51 PM
I have a box of stuff to add to the pile :)

Beamer
05-08-12, 10:01 PM
I did say I will be there Nelly......Will check out at work about tables but they dont fold down and wont fit in my car :-/ :-/
Cant definately say for sure if I can get them yet though :-/

Nelly
05-08-12, 10:33 PM
I did say I will be there Nelly......Will check out at work about tables but they dont fold down and wont fit in my car :-/ :-/
Cant definately say for sure if I can get them yet though :-/

Thanks Tina x

bubblylittleme
05-08-12, 11:31 PM
I have 2 pasting tables i usually use and a fold up camp table if I can get them over to you but you would have to keep them until end of august as I'm away until then

Nelly
06-08-12, 07:01 AM
Sue, no problem looking after them :)
Thank you x

Jacde
06-08-12, 02:15 PM
Nelly, sorry I can't hekp out now :(

Nelly
06-08-12, 03:14 PM
Didnt expect you to now J x

B1G
06-08-12, 05:33 PM
Could you put this on the events calendar ?
I'll come along and spend some spondoolies.

Nelly
06-08-12, 05:44 PM
On there now B1G :)

Nelly
12-08-12, 04:34 PM
Thank you to James, Tina, Lou Rosie and Kev for coming out on a sunday at stupid o'clock to help out. Especially to Lou, James & Tina for persisting as it was persisting. I honestly thought that it was going to be an utter disaster as the heavens opened and thunder and lightning roared around the area. Thank you for your encouragement.

We have just got back and emptied what was left of the stock back into my garage. Unfortunately some of it was absolutely ruined by the rain and will be heading straight for the bin. Such a shame after so many people donated. :(

But a fair chunk raised. :)

Loops
12-08-12, 07:48 PM
I've just been told by a family friend that he has a load more bits if we want to do another sale ;D

Dabz
12-08-12, 08:18 PM
Too many 6.30 starts on a Sunday isn't healthy :p

Caz
12-08-12, 09:44 PM
Well done guys, sorry it was a wash-out :'(