PDA

View Full Version : 'Keystone Cops?'

redken1
11-08-12, 10:15 PM
Police have blamed "human error" for the failure to find a body in Tia Sharp's grandmother's house.
Tia was reported missing on 3 August and a body was found at the house in New Addington, Croydon, on Friday after three previous unsuccessful searches. :-[ :-[ :-[
Scotland Yard apologised to Tia's mother Natalie and said the body should have been found on Sunday. :-[ :-[ :-[

It’s all too easy to slag the police, but I mean come on, this just beggars belief.

Sniffer dogs?

Interestingly, the author of the Police Press release blames “Human error”. Was it the same single officer who carried out the three consecutive unsuccessful searches?

Swanny
11-08-12, 11:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVN7QJ8m88

Hazel-nut
12-08-12, 08:09 AM
Has any thought that the body might not have been there when they previously searced the house? Whoever killed her may have moved the body there after the previous searches under the believe it wouldn't be searched again so they wouldn't find her.

On a different note, why did they search the house so many times?

Wes
12-08-12, 09:54 AM
Has any thought that the body might not have been there when they previously searced the house? Whoever killed her may have moved the body there after the previous searches under the believe it wouldn't be searched again so they wouldn't find her.

On a different note, why did they search the house so many times?
Been thinking exactly the same.

Col
12-08-12, 10:13 AM
I was counting how many plod you can fit in the pathway by the house :o :o

Dan505
12-08-12, 10:21 AM
Probably moved afterwards, either way its horrible that it happened

Major Confusion
12-08-12, 10:24 AM

+1

goz1960
12-08-12, 10:26 AM

+1

+2 feel so very sorry for the family.

SupeRDel
12-08-12, 10:40 AM
Ever noticed that when these kids go missing the families/estates always look the same - ROUGH

Just like most places (including this forum) - people cannot wait to have a go at the police and I bet the people on that estate hates the police.
But as soon as the kid dissappeared the police were the first ones they contacted for help

The TV news last night did a report "live" from the scene with the flowers in the background and behind the reporter a chap to walks behind with a stupid grin on his face.

maikeru83
12-08-12, 10:54 AM
How many people thought it was the step-grandad as soon as you saw him on the tv?

pilninggas
12-08-12, 12:07 PM
Ever noticed that when these kids go missing the families/estates always look the same - ROUGH

Just like most places (including this forum) - people cannot wait to have a go at the police and I bet the people on that estate hates the police.
But as soon as the kid dissappeared the police were the first ones they contacted for help

The TV news last night did a report "live" from the scene with the flowers in the background and behind the reporter a chap to walks behind with a stupid grin on his face.

there has also been criticism that the police should have perceived the 'family' [i used the term loosely and advisedly] as potential suspects right from the off. I reckon they did, but the Met don't get any breaks, everything they do is analysed to be wrong (so they tried to keep a lid on it a bit). You imagine had they torn that house to pieces on day one (which they probably wanted to do) and found nothing, the liberals and the local estate would have been up in arms [another chavvy summer riot?]. As it is if they had done that, the whole thing could have been dealt with quicker.

I live on a rough/tough estate in Bristol - i'm used to it. But i reckon 1 in 4 'families' are dysfunctional, amoral, have tendencies towards serious relationship deviance, hate-yet-rely-on-the-state and perceive crime/drugs as normal. Leaving the 3 in 4 rest of us to try to maintain normal neighbourhoods.

wiltshire builders
12-08-12, 01:38 PM

there has also been criticism that the police should have perceived the 'family' [i used the term loosely and advisedly] as potential suspects right from the off. I reckon they did, but the Met don't get any breaks, everything they do is analysed to be wrong (so they tried to keep a lid on it a bit). You imagine had they torn that house to pieces on day one (which they probably wanted to do) and found nothing, the liberals and the local estate would have been up in arms [another chavvy summer riot?]. As it is if they had done that, the whole thing could have been dealt with quicker.

I live on a rough/tough estate in Bristol - i'm used to it. But i reckon 1 in 4 'families' are dysfunctional, amoral, have tendencies towards serious relationship deviance, hate-yet-rely-on-the-state and perceive crime/drugs as normal. Leaving the 3 in 4 rest of us to try to maintain normal neighbourhoods.
Hit the nail on the head

Nelly
12-08-12, 01:59 PM

Hit the nail on the head

+1

redken1
12-08-12, 02:35 PM
Am I not reading the Police statement correctly?

1 Why admit to “human error” if there was no body in the house to be found?
2 Why would the police apologise for not finding a body that was not in the house at the times of the searches?
3 How could the body have been discovered during the search on the previous Sunday if it wasn’t there?

redken1
12-08-12, 04:02 PM
Merv, during your bout of stereotyping you never mentioned that whoever committed this horrific crime must have been in receipt of state benefits.? ;)

pilninggas
12-08-12, 06:19 PM
Merv, during your bout of stereotyping you never mentioned that whoever committed this horrific crime must have been in receipt of state benefits.? ;)

Me stereotype? never - you commie toad :D

Seeing as he has previous for dealing crack and for possessing a machete, i'd be very surprised if he earnt his way in life - i'm sure the full story of this toerags life will become public when he gets tried.

To be fair, i'm just a realist, living a tough area, who isn't walking around with his fingers in his ears going la-la-la [i am not saying you do of course].

This terrible crime has a whiff of the 'Mick Phillpott' thing about it, an amoral chav who likes to be on TV (Mick Pisspot was even on The Generally Vile Show lording it that he had 15 kids and was never going to work (RIP the 6 that died)), bigging himself up, all the while knowing the truth and being too thick to know about forensic detection etc. It also has a lot of the Shannon Matthews thing about it [that kid was lucky to get away from those chavs in the end].

Maybe I need to just start walking around, eyes closed, lalalala..................... ;)

redken1
13-08-12, 09:04 AM
I’m posting on this thread again to clarify my position on this sad case because I don’t want members/guests on here thinking that I’m not a fair minded person who holds an anti-police grudge.

The body was found on Friday on the fourth police examination of the terraced property in a week, but police have not yet confirmed that it is that of missing Tia.
Metropolitan Police South East London Area Commander Neil Basu said "human error" was to blame for not locating the body sooner and apologised to Tia's mother Natalie. "On behalf of the Metropolitan Police I apologise for the distress and concern this delay will have caused," he said.
The body was found in the house a week after the 12-year-old was reported missing.
Mr Basu explained that the first examination of the property on receiving the report last Friday was not a full search. He said mistakes were made on the second search two days later. This exercise took two hours. Mr Basu said the occupiers gave their consent to this search. "All parts of the premises were searched including the location where a body was discovered, five days later, on Friday, August 10," he said.
"An early review has been conducted and it is now clear that human error delayed the discovery of the body within the house. We have apologised to Tia's mother that our procedures did not lead to the discovery of the body on this search."He said a third visit took place on Wednesday. "This was not a search, but the attendance of a body recovery dog to assist the investigation team in their inquiries," he said. "It is not appropriate to comment further on aspects of the criminal investigation currently being conducted but our investigation was such that it was decided that a further intrusive search needed to be undertaken - it was that search, yesterday, which resulted in the discovery." He added: "A continuing review and examination of our search processes will be undertaken to ensure such a failing is not repeated."

The police are public servants paid for out of the public purse and as such are accountable to the general public. The police along with all public servants should therefore, not be above criticism when they fail or make errors.

IMO, in light of the Area Commander’s above statement I believe that the criticism I made of the police in my original post is justified in this case.

I should point out that I have been quick to praise the police for acts of bravery on numerous occasions in the past on my FB page and other public platforms.

Merv, I walk with my eyes wide open and with an open mind. That is how I know that not all crimes are committed by under 25 year old benefit claimants who live in council houses, and not all bikers have long greasy hair – plenty of baldies on here – ask Stu. ;) ;D

I really feel for the young girl's loved ones. :( :( :(

pilninggas
13-08-12, 12:27 PM
I’m posting on this thread again to clarify my position on this sad case because I don’t want members/guests on here thinking that I’m not a fair minded person who holds an anti-police grudge.

The body was found on Friday on the fourth police examination of the terraced property in a week, but police have not yet confirmed that it is that of missing Tia.
Metropolitan Police South East London Area Commander Neil Basu said "human error" was to blame for not locating the body sooner and apologised to Tia's mother Natalie. "On behalf of the Metropolitan Police I apologise for the distress and concern this delay will have caused," he said.
The body was found in the house a week after the 12-year-old was reported missing.
Mr Basu explained that the first examination of the property on receiving the report last Friday was not a full search. He said mistakes were made on the second search two days later. This exercise took two hours. Mr Basu said the occupiers gave their consent to this search. "All parts of the premises were searched including the location where a body was discovered, five days later, on Friday, August 10," he said.
"An early review has been conducted and it is now clear that human error delayed the discovery of the body within the house. We have apologised to Tia's mother that our procedures did not lead to the discovery of the body on this search."He said a third visit took place on Wednesday. "This was not a search, but the attendance of a body recovery dog to assist the investigation team in their inquiries," he said. "It is not appropriate to comment further on aspects of the criminal investigation currently being conducted but our investigation was such that it was decided that a further intrusive search needed to be undertaken - it was that search, yesterday, which resulted in the discovery." He added: "A continuing review and examination of our search processes will be undertaken to ensure such a failing is not repeated."

The police are public servants paid for out of the public purse and as such are accountable to the general public. The police along with all public servants should therefore, not be above criticism when they fail or make errors.

IMO, in light of the Area Commander’s above statement I believe that the criticism I made of the police in my original post is justified in this case.

I should point out that I have been quick to praise the police for acts of bravery on numerous occasions in the past on my FB page and other public platforms.

Merv, I walk with my eyes wide open and with an open mind. That is how I know that not all crimes are committed by under 25 year old benefit claimants who live in council houses, and not all bikers have long greasy hair – plenty of baldies on here – ask Stu. ;) ;D

I really feel for the young girl's loved ones. :( :( :(
Ken, you worry too much :D

Swanny
13-08-12, 12:35 PM
Maybe they were scared of spiders and just stuck their head up through the loft hatch for the first two searches ::) Nah nothing here just cobwebs....

Col
13-08-12, 02:12 PM
Wonder what the 'human error' was that needs plod to apologise :-?

Not a big house by the look of it to miss a body size mass.

Scotty
13-08-12, 07:46 PM
I'm sure that I saw on the news earlier in the week a bunch of coppers with a dog go into the house, but it that was just for the dog to get a scent from somewhere that Tia had been it's understandable that it didn't locate her body, which may not have been there at the time, who knows. Surely, in the case of missing children, the MO has to be a comprehensive search of the last building that the child was known to be in before widening the search. With all the Police, media, and local interest centring on that house would it have been possible for the perp to have gone out and brought the body back unnoticed?
I guess it'll all come out in the wash... :-?