PDA

View Full Version : Closing Ceremony

Nokesy
12-08-12, 10:29 PM
Is it just me because we came third, but the closing ceremony is way better than the opening one?? :)

cerruti
12-08-12, 10:32 PM
Its just you imo - Im not impressed so far.

Rabb
12-08-12, 10:59 PM
I think it's brill - I am impressed.

Britain has shown over the last couple of weeks that it is
Truly "GREAT Britain" again!

I really thought we would do what we normally do i.e. 'mess it up big stylie' and it was going to be really boring and stiff upper lipped.

Well Done all to everyone - you've done us proud!

Nokesy
12-08-12, 11:06 PM
My feelings exactly!! But look forward to all thoughts as a group as always!! :)

Green Man
12-08-12, 11:16 PM
Absolutely outstanding closing ceremony and an excellent contribution of British music apart from the real bands where were they !! proud to be British well done team GB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
12-08-12, 11:18 PM
It's not over yet !!!!

cerruti
12-08-12, 11:23 PM
Ok, so it picked up, a lot... was bored to start, but after some trashy miming acts the real artists came out and it turned into an awesome ceremony.

Conehead
13-08-12, 12:02 AM
Nice to see the Queen could be bothered to be there. Last few songs have been cool though.
:D :D :D

Swanny
13-08-12, 12:05 AM
So much free-masonic and illuminate symbolism in there :o

Wes
13-08-12, 06:42 PM
Didnt get to watch it, had to be up at 4am to go to Brighton for the day, but by all accounts it was really good :)

Maria
13-08-12, 07:08 PM
I thought it was very good,was very impressed.

Dabz
13-08-12, 08:17 PM
I thought it was pretty crap but will be watching the last 30 mins shortly to see if I missed anything after I gave up and went to bed :)

Goldie
13-08-12, 08:21 PM
I was impressed, It was a bit long if anything but I'm dead proud to be British. [smiley=kiss.gif]

camera.op76
13-08-12, 08:27 PM

A Massive amount. Did you notice the word Martians on one of the news papers. :o

SupeRDel
13-08-12, 08:32 PM
Nice to see the Queen could be bothered to be there. Last few songs have been cool though.

What would you expect to see 86 year old granny be doing at that time of night

Beamer
13-08-12, 08:40 PM
I thought it was pretty crap but will be watching the last 30 mins shortly to see if I missed anything after I gave up and went to bed :)

I gave up too.......although the music was good it wasnt enough to stop me going to bed.......Ive heard it was brilliant etc etc....but I missed that bit........I thought I was the only one who was slightly disappointed, but I am old.

I think it must have been fantastic if you were there and it was meant to be a party (they said) which is what it was.

Well done to every single member of the Team GB gang and all the other competitors. Britain showed the world we actually do ROCK !!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Conehead
13-08-12, 08:40 PM

What would you expect to see 86 year old granny be doing at that time of night

A little bird told me she was away on holiday. Great support. :D :D

redken1
13-08-12, 08:42 PM
Nevermind X factor is back next week folks ::) :P :'(

Dabz
13-08-12, 08:56 PM
Just watching now - The Who seem to have been the highlight. If only they'd skipped all the **** and just done a 3hr Who and Led Zep concert :)

Nelly
13-08-12, 09:15 PM
Just watching now - The Who seem to have been the highlight. If only they'd skipped all the **** and just done a 3hr Who and Led Zep concert :)

James get with it daddio, get some Tina temper and Taoioioio cruise down yer ear drums like the kids in da hood! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Snowy
13-08-12, 09:31 PM
I've still got the last 30 minutes to watch that I recorded from last night. I went through the first two hours in about 15 minutes. Kaiser Chiefs take on Pinball Wizard best bit so far.

Nelly
13-08-12, 09:38 PM
I thought Muse were terrific. Should have had a slightly longer set. Whereas, beady eye should have had a shorter set ;)
Loved the guy on the tightrope with the (pink floyd inspired) handshake during Ed sherans take on "wish you were here".

Goldie
13-08-12, 09:56 PM
I've still got the last 30 minutes to watch that I recorded from last night. I went through the first two hours in about 15 minutes. Kaiser Chiefs take on Pinball Wizard best bit so far.
Oh good, you wont miss Nelly performing with The Who then ;D ;D ;D

Swanny
13-08-12, 09:58 PM

A Massive amount. Did you notice the word Martians on one of the news papers. :o

Yea something like "Post card from a Martian"
I had a great time spotting all the symbology :)

Nelly
13-08-12, 10:08 PM
Oh good, you wont miss Nelly performing with The Who then ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gerry
13-08-12, 10:34 PM
Watched it tonight and thought it was brilliant, yes, even the Spice Girls !

Muse were awesome.

A13X4ND7A
14-08-12, 12:03 PM
after thinking I had it set to record and realising that I had actually recoded the build up to it ;D, found it on iPlayer and started watching about 20 mins of it last night. Was pretty good from what Id seen, other than we now apparently have a Prince Henry of Wales :-? Will watch the rest tonight. :)

Nelly
14-08-12, 12:57 PM
after thinking I had it set to record and realising that I had actually recoded the build up to it ;D, found it on iPlayer and started watching about 20 mins of it last night. Was pretty good from what Id seen, other than we now apparently have a Prince Henry of Wales :-? Will watch the rest tonight. :)

'tis true. His real name is Henry :)

Kevinb
14-08-12, 01:37 PM
Best bit was Eric Idle 'Always look on the bright side of life' (hope you're joining in) ;D

Spice Girls should have stayed retired.
Jesse J G Q whoever she is should have left a Queen song well alone
Russell Brand should have been shot (atleast twice just to make sure)

& I have just realised I am turning into a grumpy old git.

Swanny
14-08-12, 02:01 PM
Best bit was Eric Idle 'Always look on the bright side of life' (hope you're joining in) ;D

I was surprised when he said "life's a piece of ****" I didn't expect them to let that be said ;D

A13X4ND7A
14-08-12, 02:07 PM

'tis true. His real name is Henry :)

Ye, but Id love to see a poll of how many people knew that or call him by that. Just seemed random when he's never referred to by that name. Im sure half of America probably went "huh"