PDA

View Full Version : Very quick favour....

Squashed_Fly
23-08-12, 03:17 PM
I've just finished doing my first ever website, having never done anything like it.

Just wondered if people wouldn't mind having a quick look and giving some feedback? If any 'techie' people have any ueful nuggets of info as well, please share - all constructive comments welcome! If you know how I can make it fill the whole page rather than having the grey border round it, then I'm all ears!

www.aidanmoore.co.uk

Thank you!

Wes
23-08-12, 04:34 PM
Looks good there mate, just need to loose the red border around the literature, it doesn't seem to blend, other than that it seems to work very well.

goz1960
23-08-12, 04:43 PM
Looks good there mate, just need to loose the red border around the literature, it doesn't seem to blend, other than that it seems to work very well.

+1

Maz
23-08-12, 06:24 PM
On the side bike where you list the home, my story, my gigs ect. Its difficult to read on the backgroud. Maybe change the writing to another colour so it sticks out?

Other than that its ok.

I am dyslexic so, I found the bit I have mentioned quite hard to read.

njl
23-08-12, 07:06 PM
I'm with Maz on the links on the left, could you have a solid behind them to help them show perhaps.

Also Sunday isn't the 27th, not what you were after as such!

I really like the fonts you have used except whatever it is in the main text body sections in home and my story. Just looks a bit casual / default / common or something. Is it comic sans?

Squashed_Fly
23-08-12, 09:27 PM
It is comic sans! Some of what you said is good feedback, some I can't do as the tools on the site are limited, but that's probably good for me as I have such basic knowledge so less to go wrong!

Squashed_Fly
23-08-12, 10:37 PM
Ok, I've made some more changes to the fonts, sizes etc and moved things around a little bit. Oh, and corrected the dates! lol

It is looking better already I think...

Thank you for the comments!

vinny
24-08-12, 10:36 AM
some of the links in your music page were taking me to your calender page like the under the bridge link

Squashed_Fly
30-08-12, 09:25 PM
It's now been overhauled, and completely transformed thanks to a web designer friend of mine, so please have a quick look if you can and let me know thoughts.

Little things, like all my tracks are available now on the site, rather than going to youtube etc, and the calendar look much more professional.

Would be great to know your thoughts, especially if you saw the old version!

www.aidanmoore.co.uk

SupeRDel
30-08-12, 10:57 PM
I found the grey italic writing on a lighter grey background a bit hard to read

Swanny
31-08-12, 10:26 AM
Yea it's a bit like platinum members colours here ;D

Col
03-09-12, 07:14 AM
8-) very good.

Think all the 'Home' page pics are a bit 'only the lonely'--perhaps a few of you and some punters listening would make it a bit 'happier'

Don't start a sentence with 'And'.

The second paragraph should be written again as it reads very poorly with commas in the wrong places.

'Contact'---Again it reads poorly under your pic--'endeAvour' ;) but that is entirely the wrong word to use as you imply it will be a chore---'If I can be arsed I might give you an answer' :D :D
Leave the pic but no point writing anything :)

'Music'---I wouldn't bother with that many songs--3 at the most---get a decent video made too.

Invoice on the way :P