PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother is watching Schools

Geordie Stu
12-09-12, 01:23 PM
It's not the amount of cameras covering the schools.
But draw the line at CCTV being set up in toilets and changing rooms.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2201863/Schools-England-Wales-100-000-spy-cameras-trained-playgrounds-classrooms-toilets-having-children.html#ixzz26G1m0OZI

Nelly
12-09-12, 01:34 PM
200 schools with Cameras in the changing rooms? There is something very wrong about that!

Swanny
12-09-12, 03:24 PM
So who will be monitoring those cameras???
This Big brother **** is getting way out of hand, people need to put a stop to it.
I wouldn't be happy for my kids to be treated like that if I had any.

Beamer
12-09-12, 04:00 PM
Not sure about the toilets and changing rooms either !!

Another abuse issue waiting to raise its ugly head me thinks

I can see the point of the cameras to a certain extent........schools are an absolute playground (excuse the pun) for drug pushing, bullying and all the other horror stories you hear of.......but changing rooms and toilets ??

Is nothing sacred??

But if the people selling drugs or whatever know the toilets and changing rooms are not covered guess where they are going to sell their crap ??

Our kids are not safe out there.......all they have to tackle the world are good techniques, taught by us, on how to avoid getting mixed up with the wrong sort without looking like teachers pets etc.......kids have to be streetwise to be able to survive the rubbish going on in the world......hard but true.

:-/ :-/ :-/

Swanny
12-09-12, 04:26 PM
I feel so sorry for the kids of today and tomorrow.
Will they ever know freedom like we did??

I made the right choice for me not to have any.

Beamer
12-09-12, 04:30 PM
I feel so sorry for the kids of today and tomorrow.
Will they ever know freedom like we did??

I made the right choice for me not to have any.

Wouldnt be without mine for the world....as any mother would say.....but everyone has a choice...and if everyone was the same the world would be pretty boring

I must admit I used to worry alot but Ive raised 2 children to adulthood and am pleased with the results....just one left lol :) :) :)

Swanny
12-09-12, 05:51 PM
Yea people seem to like the ones they have.
Personally I have no idea why anyone would want one, far too much stress involved.

IMO you're much better off with a dog.
Easier to train not as smelly and don't live too long ;D

Beamer
12-09-12, 05:53 PM
Personally I have no idea why anyone would want one, far too much stress involved.

bugger wish Id thought of that 23 years ago lol hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

redken1
12-09-12, 07:11 PM
School boys can't even have a w**k in private and peace nowadays!!! :o

For all those advocates of CCTV who say, “If you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,” I suggest they read the report into The Catholic Church in Ireland, which was granted immunity to cover up child sex abuse among pedophile priests in Dublin.

Who is watching our children in the 200 schools and who is watching the watchers?

If I was a 12 year old in one of the named schools under the freedom of information act (best bit of legislation for years – no hiding place) I’d take my penis out and p**s all over the camera. :o

If I was a parent my child would be removed immediately and would not return until said cameras were removed. In a civilized democracy everyone should enjoy the fundamental right to privacy.
>:( >:( >:(

Snowy
12-09-12, 08:08 PM

bugger wish Id thought of that 23 years ago lol hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, they're expensive, hard work and a pain at times (after all they get that from us) but I wouldn't be without my four kids. Getting one of my daughters settled into uni accommodation this weekend means a very proud dad!

Dan505
13-09-12, 10:12 AM
pick a kid over a dog anyday, for me having kids means passing on all your strived for...a dog will just chew it

as for the CCTV FFS when will the nanny state stop?

Swanny
13-09-12, 11:36 PM
If I had kids I'd sell 'em :)

Swanny
13-09-12, 11:38 PM
You should read George Orwell's 1984. That's where it's heading :(

camera.op76
14-09-12, 12:41 AM
Nanny State are you completely blind... FULL CONTROL... Nothing Nanny about that. Zietgiest... Check it out. You'll see the 'Big Picture' everywhere you f**king look... >:(

Mitch9128
14-09-12, 08:54 AM
It's an article in the Daily hate Mail, bound to be blown up out of all proportion, and where's the paragraph blaming single mothers/immigrants?

Snowy
14-09-12, 09:21 AM
I can only add that for the CCTV I'm responsible for, we have strict procedures regarding who can view, how they can view, who can operate, who can copy video etc etc. There's quite a bit of legislation and guidance to follow, most of which is tagged to Data Protection law. Having said that we don't put any in the changing rooms or toilets. Doesn't stop people using their mobile phone camera's in those places though and that's more of a concern from my point of view than the use of controlled CCTV.

KP
14-09-12, 09:41 AM
it wasn`t so long ago that a young lad was sexually abused in a shop toilet, in my view if your doing nothing wrong in there why should you worry in the first place? and if saves one person a year its got to be worth it, if it was my young one it saved or anyones infact we would all be singing it`s praises...... thats just my take on it ::)

Dan505
14-09-12, 10:12 AM
no need to read it, my dad was in the film :)

agree with you Kev but i hate the fact that society seems to be de-evolving back towards an animalistic state of mind with no care or thought for consequences of their actions and people who don't/won't take responsibility for theirs.

Back on topic - i understand the legislation around CCTV but IMHO its only good if it's followed by the ones doing the 'watching' and who can say for 100% sure that they will abide by it.

Snowy
14-09-12, 10:47 AM
no need to read it, my dad was in the film :)

agree with you Kev but i hate the fact that society seems to be de-evolving back towards an animalistic state of mind with no care or thought for consequences of their actions and people who don't/won't take responsibility for theirs.

Back on topic - i understand the legislation around CCTV but IMHO its only good if it's followed by the ones doing the 'watching' and who can say for 100% sure that they will abide by it.

That's very true Dan, you can't legislate for those who insist on misuse or breaking the law if there's no enforcement. All CCTV operators should have a CCTV Policy which outlines use and coverage etc - whether they choose to ignore it is another issue and part of the indemic problem.

Swanny
14-09-12, 06:50 PM
Yea sod your rights to a life without being spied on wherever you go.

redken1
14-09-12, 09:57 PM
The Home Office’s proposed regulation of CCTV will not apply to schools and the new Commissioner will have absolutely no powers to do anything.

In addition, schools will not be covered by the Home Office's plans to set up a code of practice for the filming of citizens in public and a new surveillance watchdog will not be able to inspect them.

AN outraged father took three of his children out of a school in Ash after finding out that it had installed CCTV cameras inside the main toilets.

According to Mr West, CCTV was installed just after the Easter bank holiday, and the cameras, which were in the boys and girls’ main toilets, were positioned just above the urinals and toilet bowls.
Mr West said he asked Mr Garrido if he could come into school and have a look at the toilets himself, which the headteacher agreed to.
“I went on Tuesday morning and I was horrified when I saw them above the cisterns,” said Mr West.

I would feel very uncomfortable going to the toilet being watched on camera by a total stranger. I'ts just a step too far and sends out a real negative message to our young children - you can't even be trusted to go to the toilet on your own.

Swanny
15-09-12, 07:38 PM
SECRET spying powers including undercover filming are being used by the region's councils to snoop on residents – and even their own staff.

New figures show authorities in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire have invoked controversial surveillance powers more than 100 times in just three years.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Councils-spying-residents-staff-investigate/story-16812444-detail/story.html

goz1960
15-09-12, 07:42 PM
My thoughts on this is if you have nothing to hide what is the problem?. :-?

redken1
15-09-12, 09:15 PM
My thoughts on this is if you have nothing to hide what is the problem?. :-?

That's the whole point young girls and boys do have parts of their body they may wish to hide from total strangers. I can't understand how people can't see that. Going to the toilet is a private matter for most people and should remain so. Whatever next - cameras in our bedrooms? Why not, If you have nothing to hide? :P :(

Taylor911
15-09-12, 09:28 PM
There were cameras in the toilets at my school.
Sink+water+toilet roll*good aim=camera covered.

redken1
15-09-12, 09:30 PM
There were cameras in the toilets at my school.
Sink+water+toilet roll*good aim=camera covered.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dan505
15-09-12, 10:17 PM
have it above the door in problem schools covering the general area but positioning it where children are exposed on tape is beyond wrong and should not be permitted. My son will never go to a school where he is at risk from the very people he should be learning from, there is no god damn reason on earth why anybody should be allowed to watch a child use the toilet and i will happily 'discuss' with anyone who thinks its normal or acceptable.....its wrong in the strongest sense of the word >:(