PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism

Dan505
20-06-12, 06:38 PM
>:( why do people feel the need to damage other people's property >:( jealousy? petty mindedness? i don't think i will ever figure it out...

today at work my bike was keyed 14 times and the seat slashed twice, i've no idea why it was done but i am fortunate enough to park on a secured access site with the bike covered by CCTV and also lucky enough for my boss to be reviewing the tapes tonight with the intention of firing those responsible and also lucky enough that he said he will tell me who it was before he fires them...i just don't know what to do once i know who it is? part of me wants swift direct action but violence isn't the answer and doubt i will get any money off them for the repairs and replacement parts, just don't know why it was done >:(

Snowy
20-06-12, 06:49 PM
[quote author=porkies link=1340213887/0#0 date=1340213887] >:( why do people feel the need to damage other people's property >:( jealousy? petty mindedness? i don't think i will ever figure it out...

today at work my bike was keyed 14 times and the seat slashed twice, i've no idea why it was done but i am fortunate enough to park on a secured access site with the bike covered by CCTV and also lucky enough for my boss to be reviewing the tapes tonight with the intention of firing those responsible and also lucky enough that he said he will tell me who it was before he fires them...i just don't know what to do once i know who it is? part of me wants swift direct action but violence isn't the answer and doubt i will get any money off them for the repairs and replacement parts, just don't know why it was done >:([/quote

Hopefully they can be identified and done for criminal damage. Sorry to hear the news.

Dan505
20-06-12, 07:00 PM
Thanks G, at least i can be grateful i still have it i suppose as opposed to it being stolen.

BB
20-06-12, 07:02 PM
Bad news indeed, >:(

BB

Goldie
20-06-12, 07:20 PM
wankers! Hope the CCTV shows up those responsible. Get the fuzz involved, criminal damage stings almost as much as a good kicking - both of which they deserve.

Wes
20-06-12, 07:32 PM
Bad news mate >:( sad w4nkers

wiltshire builders
20-06-12, 08:09 PM
Words fail me. Needless to say any bad stuff that comes their way will be greatly deserved. Make them pay.

Loops
20-06-12, 09:39 PM
Pity your boss can't dock their pay for the damage before he fires them!

diwallace67
20-06-12, 09:43 PM
Soz to hear, hope one way or another they face up to the consequences of their actions.

voodoo
20-06-12, 10:09 PM
gutted for you dan. hope you shop the b******s in to the police so they get what they deserve >:(

njl
21-06-12, 01:15 AM
Yeah that sucks, spineless individual I'm sure isn't expecting to be found out

Kevinb
21-06-12, 08:44 AM
>:( why do people feel the need to damage other people's property >:( jealousy? petty mindedness? i don't think i will ever figure it out...

today at work my bike was keyed 14 times and the seat slashed twice, i've no idea why it was done but i am fortunate enough to park on a secured access site with the bike covered by CCTV and also lucky enough for my boss to be reviewing the tapes tonight with the intention of firing those responsible and also lucky enough that he said he will tell me who it was before he fires them...i just don't know what to do once i know who it is? part of me wants swift direct action but violence isn't the answer and doubt i will get any money off them for the repairs and replacement parts, just don't know why it was done >:(

Get your boss to speak to them and say they will pay any outstanding wages owed to them over to you.
Get the police involved as you will need to quote an incident number for your insurance and to take them to court.
Get yor money, get your bike fixed give it a few months arrange an alibi and arrange a stay for the B*stard(s) in hospital. >:(

DC
21-06-12, 09:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Dan definitely get the police involved and really avoid any direct action yourself it tends to be frowned upon these days you are the victim here you dont want to find yourself in a situation where they end up bleating about being the victim it seems to happen a lot in this country !!! :-/

Swanny
21-06-12, 12:29 PM
Bad news.
I think the reason people do such cowardly things is just down to jealousy.
If a real man had a problem with you he would let you know face to face not sneak around and damage your bike.
Sad pathetic little people do such lowlife things, you should feel sorry for them really but they just aren't worth it >:(

DaytonaDog
21-06-12, 10:49 PM
Dan, if the tossers who damaged your property can be identified from the CCTV, please report it to the police with a view to having them prosecuted and sent to court. Other than claiming from your insurance company this is the only way you will get any money from the tossers. You boss does not have the power or legal recourse to make them pay for it out of their wages. However, even if the matter does go to court and the persons responsible are proven guilty there is no guarantee that the court will make them pay compo as part of their sentence so I wouldn't get your hopes up to much.

Really sorry to hear about the bike being dmaged. I still haven't been able to figure out what there is to gain from causing mindless damage to somebodies property.

Dan505
22-06-12, 10:16 AM
well interesting today, someone was fired for no apparent reason and i was told it was unrelated to my bike but no one else knows why fired?

does make me wonder tho? new seat is £51 and tank is £205 not including import tax or shipping so its gonna be costly to replace.... >:(

Mitch9128
22-06-12, 10:28 AM
Report to the babylon, they can seek the cctv if the boss is witholding it. Then go round and give the person sacked a kicking, just in case it was them >:(

newnut
22-06-12, 10:30 AM
Thats bad news man. Get the police involved NOW in order to find out who it is. They will get the tapes to identify him/her. find out who it is, call him/her up, say you'll drop the charges if they fix it. dont be threatening here tho as he will tell the court and you'll loose out. wether you actually drop the charges after they cough up is up to you.lol tell him after you dont play fair with tossers and if he'd like to talk about it you'll pop round with the boys. We'll arrange a ride out to his house, that will put the woolies up him. lol

Senna(Dan)
22-06-12, 10:53 AM
Dan would it not be cheaper to get it resprayed and recovered?
Make sure your boss doesn't destroy the tapes, you know what they are like when it comes to keeping holding stuff to screw people over!
Just remember that you are the bigger man and they can't even step and explain what their problem is with you. Performing a senseless act like that is ridiculous, should you find out who it is I am sure they would appreciate the old engine oil I have got in the garage on their roof!

Snowy
22-06-12, 11:13 AM
Most companies have to follow a CCTV Policy that wouldn't allow just any one to go and view/copy CCTV footage for evidence. Usually the police have to be involved and request access to the footage - its all about your privacy rights. So, probably the only way you are ever going to find out and get any compensation is to report it as criminal damage to the police. Also, the CCTV records won't stay there for ever - they're usually hard disk based and are set to over record after a few weeks so when that happens its gone forever unless its been copied. Thats unlikely to happen unless the police are involved. I would at least ask your boss what the policy is and report it to the police as a matter of course.

Ducatista
22-06-12, 12:50 PM
Don't give up on getting the money back.
They may be covered by a household contents policy which has 3rd party liability cover.

Do you yourself have any free legal advice or free legal cover on your household insurance? If so then call them for advice.
Personally I would avoid a bike insurance claim for this amount, although you may still have to declare the loss/incident.

Dan505
22-06-12, 01:06 PM
was thinking new parts purely to keep the bike newish but repairs are probably the cheaper way, theres a breakers out tewkesbury way with an GT650 naked so gonna look see if i can get the tank and seat to fit.

according to my boss no one approached the bike even though its only 20ft approx from the camera and right in the middle of the frame, (have seen some stills) and yet someone was fired today???

Senna(Dan)
22-06-12, 01:35 PM
Get the police in on it now. The CCTV should cover it and if that has disappeared then your boss is probably covering for the guy he has just fired!

Dan505
22-06-12, 03:08 PM
am going to do once i get home, i thought he might be covering but if he was covering he wouldn't of fired him?

The CCTV data isn't stored here and the security is run by the secure site landlord so not sure my boos could remove the data, even if he wanted to. Breakers have the seat for £20 so i know what i'm doing at the weekend!

cornishbob
22-06-12, 03:49 PM
shouldnt do any fixing till you've decided how and who is paying.otherwise it might end in tears.

just thinking out loud

redken1
22-06-12, 05:40 PM
Dan, I’m not pointing the finger but, perhaps your Employer may have struck up an agreement with the culprit not to press charges if he/she went quietly.

Personally speaking, I would lodge a formal complaint with the police and advise them that CCTV is in operation on site, as a matter of urgency. I would suggest you submit it in writing to ensure it is recorded.

Good luck mate.

Dan505
22-06-12, 06:03 PM
good advice Ken thanks

jpssantos
28-06-12, 03:07 PM
just read this... did you find out who it was?

Dan505
28-06-12, 03:11 PM
nope, but three people were fired from work, oddly enough one of them thought the bike belonged to someone else....see what turns up. scratches have kinda been polished out and now have a new seat covering donated from my local bike guru ;)

Dan505
05-09-12, 12:58 PM
more damage received on Tuesday, beyond f#@ked off now, on a positive tho boss has agreed to get a seperate secure bike park that only i have access too and won't cost me a penny :)

Goldie
05-09-12, 01:12 PM
did you contact the fuzz? Just a thought, once the guy's have been sacked, what's stopping them coming back and doing it again? :-/

Crosbie
05-09-12, 01:17 PM
Mate get on it - get to the local cop shop, inform them of the details (both occasions) tell them there is cctv but your employer is showing no interest of doing anything thing about it and that you would like it investigated!!! :o

Kevinb
05-09-12, 01:49 PM
You're very forgiving. If that was me I would have been on Points West last night for mass murder.
Find out who it is this time and make sure the police are involved.

Swanny
05-09-12, 02:20 PM
Tossers >:(

Maybe it's your boss??

Dan505
05-09-12, 03:13 PM
police aware looked at tapes but bike was obstructed so couldn't see who went near but it's now directly under CCTV so the latest will be on there but i'm looking forward to my own speshel lil park :)

i'm not forgiving Kev, i'm just extremely patient.....until i find those responsible

camera.op76
05-09-12, 09:36 PM
Dan... Get yourself a SPY5000m Alarm, it has a pager with it, with a signal strenth up to 5000m. If someone is near my bike, my little pager device vibrates and beeps. You can have your Alarm on stealth mode, where it will be silent but it will alert you. Thus, giving you the nod to get yourself out to your bike and put the vandal(s) in hospital. Which to my mind isn't enough, public Crucifixion maybe a step in the right direction ::)

I've already scared the living p*** out of some doofus who thought it would be ok to sit on my bike and do some stoopid facebook pose, get your flatpeak wearing, grey tracksuit staining twiggy carcuss off of my bike...

:)

Dan505
06-09-12, 10:14 AM
that don't sound cheap.... i like cheap....it's within my price range :P

Goldie
12-09-12, 05:16 PM
any news, Dan?

Dan505
13-09-12, 10:16 AM
nothing yet since moving into camera been done three times >:( but nothing on it

went in to break room one morning and politly said to all in there that i know its being damaged and if i catch the little cont then i will smack them so hard in the face they'll be ****ting teeth (a bit harsh i know but i'm pissed about it) funny enough tho it's not been touched since?

Splash
13-09-12, 12:40 PM
nothing yet since moving into camera been done three times >:( but nothing on it

went in to break room one morning and politly said to all in there that i know its being damaged and if i catch the little cont then i will smack them so hard in the face they'll be ****ting teeth (a bit harsh i know but i'm pissed about it) funny enough tho it's not been touched since?

Really sorry for all your trouble on this however I'm PMSL after your last post about what you said to them ;)

There really is no need for this Chunts actions whatsoever, what really is there to gain? Obviously jealous of you mate!

Hope you catch them... clothes line them while riding your bike as they walk past you out of work MUHhahaha;) I would!!

Dan505
13-09-12, 12:56 PM
beyond annoyed with them now......clothesline? what are you Ash, a WWF wrestler from the 90's? :-? ;D ;D

Splash
13-09-12, 02:18 PM
beyond annoyed with them now......clothesline? what are you Ash, a WWF wrestler from the 90's? :-? ;D ;D

It may be old... but certainly a good technique do you not think ;) ;D ;D

Dan505
13-09-12, 03:05 PM
a simple 'donk' on the head works a treat too ;)

goz1960
13-09-12, 03:30 PM

You will have to watch you don't get a bigger donk on the head back?.

Splash
13-09-12, 03:38 PM

That's why the clothes line would work best.. speed up, arm out.. bang.. hahahahahahahahaha

goz1960
13-09-12, 03:43 PM

That's why the clothes line would work best.. speed up, arm out.. bang.. hahahahahahahahaha

And you got it a broken arm :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Splash
13-09-12, 04:00 PM

Not if you pretend like the WWF ;)

goz1960
13-09-12, 04:07 PM

Not if you pretend like the WWF ;)

Good one ;)

Dan505
13-09-12, 09:32 PM
Can look after myself, they're welcome to try but the wanker won't win...

Goldie
17-09-12, 11:06 AM
Can look after myself, they're welcome to try but the wanker won't win...

Ooooh, Dan, handbags at 20 paces :P

Dan505
17-09-12, 01:00 PM
no tina not a handbag, a size 9 or a fist shaped lump of meat

Goldie
17-09-12, 02:28 PM
no tina not a handbag, a size 9 or a fist shaped lump of meat

...and you look so meek and mild ;D

Dan505
17-09-12, 03:10 PM
its not the size of the man in the fight, its the size...etc etc etc

look i'm not big nor class myself as 'hard' but when it comes to defending myself/property/family/friends i can be a right nasty bastard especially when this damage is unprovoked.

Goldie
17-09-12, 03:59 PM
pffft, I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley :P
Hey, I'm only teasing, you have no idea what lengths I have gone to to defend my children. In fact, as this is an open forum, I'd best shut up as I could be struck off if I don't.. ;D