PDA

View Full Version : Carp fishing

goz1960
19-09-12, 10:15 AM
Anyone else on here do any Carp fishing?. How about trying to organise a weekends fishing next year, anyone else interested?.

Dabz
19-09-12, 10:19 AM
Used to do lots of it but gave it up when it all got a bit technical (hair rigs, bait preparation etc) - I'm a bit of a purist..line, float, hook, bait, sorted. Haven't been for about 12 years now

A few people on here go occasionally...Stacy, Si, DaytonaDog..

DaytonaDog
19-09-12, 11:40 AM
I'm a fly fisherman, and haven't a scooby doo about coarse fishing, but would like to give it a go.

smellygerm
19-09-12, 03:46 PM
Have a friend who owns his own brand of fishing gear and arranges comps sea, pike and spec fishing, heres his web site
if your interested ( www.hooklinebid.co.uk )

redken1
19-09-12, 09:25 PM
What do they taste like? :P ;D :D

Done alot of Salmon and trout fishing when I lived in Scotland - had a boat licence for Loch ness. 8-)

chasingpavements
19-09-12, 09:31 PM
What fish goes up the river at 100 mph?

A motor pike! ;D

Swanny
20-09-12, 08:00 PM
What do they taste like? :P ;D :D

Done alot of Salmon and trout fishing when I lived in Scotland - had a boat licence for Loch ness. 8-)
Ask the Poles ;D

Wes
20-09-12, 09:28 PM
Dont carp fish specifically, having said that ive just got back from a week at whiteacres :)
maybe organize a day out to somewhere like shearwater main lake, plenty for the bivvy boys plus lots of bream/tench for the coarse anglers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

goz1960
20-09-12, 09:42 PM
Friend of mine who match fishes was at whiteacres the week before how did you get on?.

Dabz
21-09-12, 09:56 AM
Dont carp fish specifically, having said that ive just got back from a week at whiteacres :)
maybe organize a day out to somewhere like shearwater main lake, plenty for the bivvy boys plus lots of bream/tench for the coarse anglers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

could be a plan - or there are a number of other carp lakes near that area that make the course fishing a lot easier which is always good :P

Wes
21-09-12, 06:07 PM
Friend of mine who match fishes was at whiteacres the week before how did you get on?.
Not too bad, to be fair theres two in our group who always enter the matches, and theres a group of lads from Bath who we always meet up with, plenty of fish caught all week :)