PDA

View Full Version : Decades of lies?

redken1
12-10-12, 06:25 PM
I’m finding it very difficult to digest the magnitude of the apparent cover-ups surrounding the allegations over the Hillsborough Disaster and now, Jimmy Savile. :( :( :(

It sickens me to the pit of my stomach to think that so many people in positions of trust, could for whatever reason, keep quiet for so long. >:( >:( >:(

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Wes
12-10-12, 06:32 PM
Seems to be everywhere doesn't it :(

Gooz
12-10-12, 07:23 PM
I feel the need to expose my lack of riding style.......... :D :D :D for years my friends have covered up but now I feel the truth must come out lol....... Could be a new thread

redken1
12-10-12, 07:38 PM
I feel the need to expose my lack of riding style.......... :D :D :D for years my friends have covered up but now I feel the truth must come out lol....... Could be a new thread

Gooz, I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much over your lack of riding style – it’s only important to those with over-inflated egos ;)

Snowy
12-10-12, 08:49 PM

Gooz, I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much over your lack of riding style – it’s only important to those with over-inflated egos ;)

Me thinks tongue was firmly in cheek or Gooz is simply coming out.... one of the two anyway ;D ;D

redken1
12-10-12, 09:00 PM

Me thinks tongue was firmly in cheek or Gooz is simply coming out.... one of the two anyway ;D ;D

So was mine :P ;D

Snowy
12-10-12, 09:13 PM

So was mine :P ;D

Easy to say...in hindsight ;D ;D :P

redken1
12-10-12, 09:18 PM
Sorry Graeme you have lost me, what is easy to say in hindsight?

Swanny
13-10-12, 12:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNyoAMqRXQ

Snowy
13-10-12, 09:08 AM
Sorry Graeme you have lost me, what is easy to say in hindsight?

I think I have lost myself Ken....don't worry, just my wierd sense of humour ;D ;)

redken1
13-10-12, 06:31 PM
The serious question I was trying to ask on this thread was how so many people could remain silent for so long over allegations of child abuse. Who knows, but if someone had spoken-out earlier many of the victims may have been spared from being subjected to such a harrowing ordeal.

Perhaps this is just too painful an issue for some? – Far less distressing to discuss Monty Python or bike riding styles?

Mitch9128
13-10-12, 06:55 PM
I was chatting to my sis, she reminded me how our mum always said he was a paedo and how it was common knowledge round Leeds and the area, this was mostly just rumour though. I think that was the main problem, loads had heard the rumours, but no-one was willing to come forward with hard evidence. Here's a short interesting take http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=36860

redken1
13-10-12, 07:13 PM
I was chatting to my sis, she reminded me how our mum always said he was a paedo and how it was common knowledge round Leeds and the area, this was mostly just rumour though. I think that was the main problem, loads had heard the rumours, but no-one was willing to come forward with hard evidence. Here's a short interesting take http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=36860

Interesting to say the least Mitch - it does make you wonder

Gooz
13-10-12, 07:18 PM
I was actually using a little humor within your decades of lies thread, it was totally tongue in cheek and far from serious, think the whole world takes itself far too seriously these days,

redken1
13-10-12, 07:47 PM
I was actually using a little humor within your decades of lies thread, it was totally tongue in cheek and far from serious, think the whole world takes itself far too seriously these days,

Gooz that’s fair enough and perhaps I overreacted to your post, but this is an extremely serious issue. It makes my blood boil to think that dozens of these allegations relate to children who were under the wing of various public bodies supposedly responsible for their protection.

Beamer
13-10-12, 07:59 PM
Through-out his years of abuse etc laws and acts have been brought in to protect children and vulnerable people but I found it distressing and extremely scary when I watched an ex nurse (talking on breakfast tv) saying about how she witnessed him molest a child......WTF ????? We, the general public, trust people in those professions to protect our children !! Ok so it was a long time ago but we hear all these reports of abuse in places like Winterbourne etc, yet this was going on under peoples noses and they chose to keep quiet.....shame on them too !!

Im sure there will be even tighter regulations etc on working with/ volunteering to work with vulnerable people now......but the damage has already been done.
There are so many regulations now already in place which almost prevent the real, genuine people from doing their job.....these reports, I hope, will protect more people but also make it even more important to report/whistle-blow on anyone acting in ways they shouldnt.
If you're innocent you will not have anything to worry about....and it is also important to never put yourself in a situation that could be misconscrued. Terrible way to be but thats the way of the world these days and its sick perverts like him that make it so.

redken1
13-10-12, 08:16 PM
Well said Tina. That’s what has got my goat - all these professionals coming out of the woodwork now the horse has bolted. If I saw something untoward I’d have made it my life’s mission to expose it. Saving one child would be more important to me than my career or anything else. Shame on them!