PDA

View Full Version : Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform

Geordie Stu
09-10-12, 12:55 PM
http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/9974046.Person_killed_by_train_at_Trowbridge_Stati on/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Kevinb
09-10-12, 01:19 PM
Sounds a bit strange. Trains don't tend to leave the track to hit you so what was she doing on the track?

Geordie Stu
09-10-12, 01:24 PM
My guess is that they were late & decided to cross the tracks instead of using the bridge

Crosbie
09-10-12, 01:45 PM
No sympathy for the person involved just her family and friends - dont run across train lines and dont stand beyond the yellow/white line until the train has stopped.... In the words of Aleksandr Orlov, simples.

Conehead
09-10-12, 01:49 PM
Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.

Goldie
09-10-12, 02:18 PM
Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.

well said!

Geordie Stu
09-10-12, 02:37 PM
I feel sorry for the driver of the train. Knowing they are not going to be able to stop in time

Dan505
09-10-12, 03:08 PM
sorry for all involved, happened to my uncle as a driver and nothing he could do to stop in time :(

Crosbie
09-10-12, 03:33 PM

unless the suicide was related to an incurable medical issue - cancer, lukemia, motornurone she still doesnt have my sympathy. Life is what you make of it, too many people are taken by freak accidents in the prime of their life with no explanation while others choose to end theirs because life gets a little difficult.... thats not a good enough reason to me.

Aside from her family and friends who now have to carry on the train driver, any witnesses and the emg services now have to deal with what they have seen too. >:( very very selfish

Conehead
09-10-12, 05:04 PM
I kind of agree it is selfish but the mental state of someones mind is not by choice. It is an illness.

wiltshire builders
09-10-12, 05:33 PM

unless the suicide was related to an incurable medical issue - cancer, lukemia, motornurone she still doesnt have my sympathy. Life is what you make of it, too many people are taken by freak accidents in the prime of their life with no explanation while others choose to end theirs because life gets a little difficult.... thats not a good enough reason to me.

Aside from her family and friends who now have to carry on the train driver, any witnesses and the emg services now have to deal with what they have seen too. >:( very very selfish
I must have missed the bit where it called it suicide!

Just because the police aren't treating it as suspicious doesn't mean it was suicide.

How about waiting to get all the facts before running off at the mouth.

Goldie
09-10-12, 05:55 PM
Selfish it might be but some people will do anything to make the pain stop. They don't consider how others are feeling about THEIR pain. Anyway, let's leave the speculation out and concentrate on the facts, eh? :-/

Crosbie
09-10-12, 06:03 PM

Just because the police aren't treating it as suspicious doesn't mean it was suicide.

Re-read my first post and youll see i assumed it was not suicide as there is no mention of it in the report as you say - assumed she either tried getting across the track on foot or was stood past the painted line on the platform. ;)

KP
09-10-12, 06:42 PM
or maybe just tripped and fell?? as it was said above we know nothing about what happened.....so i would assume nothing at this stage personally....... wait until the facts come out, then cast your judgements i say.

Conehead
09-10-12, 06:49 PM

As above I mentioned it MIGHT be suicide and a debate followed from that. I dont think anyone actually assumed it was suicide.

BB
09-10-12, 06:55 PM
RIP regardless of who or how.

BB

Beamer
09-10-12, 07:21 PM
RIP regardless of who or how.

BB

Seconded !! :-?

Beamer
09-10-12, 07:25 PM

Just as well no-one has to explain themselves to you then isnt it ???

No suicide is as simple as the way you portray it !!!! So until you have walked a mile in the shoes of a person who cant see their way out or whatever reason makes them so low then I suggest you stop being so judgemental !!!!!!!

Dabz
09-10-12, 08:20 PM
Geez we have some judgemental "holier than thou" members on here don't we

Mitch9128
09-10-12, 08:49 PM
I'd like to question why the OP posted it at all? So what, i could post a hundred articles linking to a tragic death today, what was the point?

Gooz
09-10-12, 09:08 PM
Ouch......... I've watched this throughout the day after watching the sirens scream past our offices this morning, To say after a reflective weekend up at the national memorial to read about someone losing their life through whatever reasons, left me at a distance away with goosebumps, my young daughter travels every day from that point to and from school, as such its s very mixed emotion from here , one of overwhelming relief that my young daughter did not witness whatever happened, but one of deep sadness for the loss suffered by the lady her family and the trauma left behind regardless, surely next time a little tact ?? Anyone searching for info may throw this thread up by pure mistake, I would hope for anyone's sake it doesn't happen to any member of family or friends of the deceased.

May you rest in peace neighbour.

Rabb
09-10-12, 09:14 PM
Very sad
R.I.P.

voodoo
09-10-12, 09:29 PM
Very sad news :(

wiltshire builders
09-10-12, 09:56 PM
Re-read my first post and youll see i assumed it was not suicide as there is no mention of it in the report as you say - assumed she either tried getting across the track on foot or was stood past the painted line on the platform. ;)

I stand corrected. You made up something else first before you then assumed it was suicide.

My views on your comments stay the same. I suspect i'm not the only one.

redken1
09-10-12, 10:09 PM
With no reference to this tragic incident as I am not conversant with the facts, I would imagine that most people who contemplate ending their own lives do so well beyond the “life gets a little difficult” stage. :( :( :(

pilninggas
09-10-12, 10:48 PM
With no reference to this tragic incident as I am not conversant with the facts, I would imagine that most people who contemplate ending their own lives do so well beyond the “life gets a little difficult” stage. :( :( :(
absolutely

Jon_W
10-10-12, 08:08 AM
Nasty!

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 08:46 AM
I'd like to question why the OP posted it at all? So what, i could post a hundred articles linking to a tragic death today, what was the point?

I posted it for simple reason I thought it was "News" worthy & I live in the local area. :-X Problem ?

Mitch9128
10-10-12, 09:36 AM

I posted it for simple reason I thought it was "News" worthy & I live in the local area. :-X Problem ?

Blind link with no comment from you, of course it was news worthy, it was on a news site.

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 10:23 AM

Blind link with no comment from you, of course it was news worthy, it was on a news site.

& your point is?

Mitch9128
10-10-12, 10:40 AM
You had no comment, so why post it? It was on a news site most of us probably visit, so why post it? If you were trying to generate debate or had some interest, then you would comment. My point is posting blind links with no explanation or comment is lazy, of course you had no comment to make, as it was a pointless post.

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 10:46 AM
You had no comment, so why post it? It was on a news site most of us probably visit, so why post it? If you were trying to generate debate or had some interest, then you would comment. My point is posting blind links with no explanation or comment is lazy, of course you had no comment to make, as it was a pointless post.

What I post & if I choose to comment is enitrely my choice. Perhaps in future if you find the post uninteresting then don't comment. If you think it's a pointlees post don't read it or comment [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]

Mitch9128
10-10-12, 10:53 AM
I neither care here or there, however if i wish to comment, and make my opinion, then i shall.

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 10:57 AM
I neither care here or there, however if i wish to comment, and make my opinion, then i shall.

Good ;) Glad to here it Look forward to more worthwhile comments on more postings ::)

Sportster883
10-10-12, 11:15 AM
glad you have sorted this out ladies ;D

Sportster883
10-10-12, 11:16 AM
wiltshiretimes/news/latestheadlines/9973384.Wiltshire_mushroom_foragers_walk_on_wild_s ide/

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 11:23 AM

your link is not working ;)

He started it ;D ;D

Mitch9128
10-10-12, 11:33 AM

He started it ;D ;D

No you started it by posting a blind link with no comment.

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 11:39 AM

He started it ;D ;D

No you started it by posting a blind link with no comment.

Loosen that belt & lighten up....!

Jon_W
10-10-12, 12:03 PM

+1.

Kevinb
10-10-12, 12:56 PM
Certainly news worthy for local people and very sad for all concerned (family, train driver & other rail users)
What upset me was that it wasn't even mentioned on Points West last night

Marmalade
10-10-12, 04:49 PM
is it winter already?

BB
10-10-12, 05:32 PM

+1.

+ most of us I suspect! ::)

Conehead
10-10-12, 08:42 PM
Sportster883. More details on the mushroom forages please.

Geordie Stu
10-10-12, 09:16 PM
Can't we have a little bit of friendly banter. Without people thinking we are bitching. Difference of a opinion.... :D

Gooz
11-10-12, 05:38 PM
Well just to make everyone feel so much better about this, I was talking to a local police officer about this today, the reason it didn't make national news ......... She had given birth to twin girls a couple of weeks ago, the family asked for discretion due to the circumstances.............. Hmmmm don't I feel like **** right now :'(

BB
11-10-12, 07:06 PM
Sh*t, poor woman. I think enough has been said, RIP

BB

Dan505
12-10-12, 10:18 AM
defo feel for the family now, its never easy when someone goes unexpectedly but this would make it even harder for those involved.

R.I.P

Dabz
12-10-12, 10:38 AM
awful...

RIP :(

Geordie Stu
12-10-12, 01:30 PM
Well just to make everyone feel so much better about this, I was talking to a local police officer about this today, the reason it didn't make national news ......... She had given birth to twin girls a couple of weeks ago, the family asked for discretion due to the circumstances.............. Hmmmm don't I feel like **** right now :'(

Me too. :( Feel like a right Tw*t . Apologise's for ranting on. :(

A13X4ND7A
15-10-12, 11:03 AM
I travel from this station every day when I'm not riding in. Very Very sad news, especially with babies involved.
I feel for both the train driver and the family of the woman involved. RIP