PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong

Mark_Able
17-10-12, 09:10 PM
What a disappointment. One minute you think he's a hero for fighting off Cancer and winning 7 Tours, then in the next he's found to be a drug cheat of massive proportions. The cheating is so vast, it draws in just about everyone around him, including the head of USA cycling.

In some respects, it's a little like the Jimmy Saville thing. On the one hand, he's done so much for charities, but it's all taken away in the other by his disgusting actions.

Unfortunately, they will both be remembered for the wrong reasons. Sad isn't it.

Gooz
17-10-12, 09:28 PM
they should dope them all up, I reckon the dope head Olympics would be a hoot, I'd love to see the triple jumpers, hop, skip, and then where the fook did he go,
The marathon would be great too, nobody would want to lead it, 25 miles of being chased......... Just IMAGINE that paranoia :D :D :D

Dan505
17-10-12, 09:57 PM
Was Armstrong found guilty was he? Cheating on an epic scale if he was

redken1
17-10-12, 10:00 PM
I was listening to this on radio 4 today. I have to agree, very similar to the Jimmy Savile situation in the sense that they both appear to believe that they were demigods and as such were untouchable.

Nike has a lot of questions to answer relating to their involvement in this shameful scandal. I very much hope the company and all those involved are the subject of a thorough investigation carried out by the appropriate agencies.

Furthermore, both these appalling high profile cases could have a negative impact on charities around the world. Did Lance Armstrong and Jimmy Savile both deliberately portray themselves as champions of their respective charities as a cover?

wiltshire builders
18-10-12, 07:44 PM
Lance, like Jim'll, was a media whore. He only raced the TDF. That's why he's not one of the all time top riders. Unfortunately the all time greats were definitely off their tits when they won too.

redken1
19-10-12, 10:46 AM
Rabobank is ending its sponsorship of its professional cycling team following the Lance Armstrong doping revelations.
The Dutch bank's decision follows a United States Anti-Doping Agency report which concluded that Armstrong engaged in "serial cheating".
"We are no longer convinced that the international professional world of cycling can make this a clean and fair sport," said Rabobank's Bert Bruggink.
After 17 years in the sport, Rabobank will end its deal on 31 December.

Another player pulls the plug – an extremely damning statement from the Dutch sponsors - who would wish to be associated with cycling at the moment? Really angers me after our recent successes in the sport at the TDF and Olympics.

A13X4ND7A
19-10-12, 11:02 AM
they should dope them all up, I reckon the dope head Olympics would be a hoot, I'd love to see the triple jumpers, hop, skip, and then where the fook did he go,
The marathon would be great too, nobody would want to lead it, 25 miles of being chased......... Just IMAGINE that paranoia :D :D :D

PMSL

Wouldnt want to cheese off the clay pigeon competitors neither!